Let's say they remove non-consensual pvp from highsec

if moon mining spread to high secs with normal ores, i could see the “exhaustion” of belts doable. allow all belts to me stripped mined 1 last time and all further ore would require refineries and cycles. it would create competition and more people having alts right as a belt is made to get all the ore or move out of high sec for mining.

Every POCO will up their Tax to maximum.

Carebears will cry that they cant WarDec the owners to take over the POCOs

Owners will laugh and remind them that they asked for things to be this way!

2 Likes

Short: nothing
Medium: nothing
Long: nothing.

Because you consent to PVP the SECOND you LOG IN. That is the entire point of EVE Online!

If you don’t want to pewpew, there are many other games you can try, such as Farmville. Farmville is over there->.

1 Like

Spelling and grammar like this should get you executed by eating your own words for all eternity.

I’m not sure what posting my kill mail from nearly 2 years ago is supposed to prove…I still think lower costs will lead to more trying PvP. By the way, this toon was created to experiment with game mechanics so I could learn how certain things work. I was kind of expecting kill mails.

That’s not how people work, though.

When nothing has value, then everyone can buy everything until everyone has everything, which ends with supply skyrocketing until no one cares about building anymore. Anyone thinking people will just always keep building, completely ignores that no one builds when there is no one he can build for. At some point everyone’s saturated and relying solely on new players to keep the economy going is absolutely not possible.

Besides the above … when everything is damn cheap it also devalues the experience significantly, because you do not actually perceive any value in your belongings, which means that losing things won’t actually tickle your fancies at all.

The thrill of PvP comes not just from the hunt, but also from knowing that losing things is costly. When there is no cost, you significantly hurt the experience.

Then there’s the fact that miners will whine about how they don’t earn a lot … which is dumb, of course, because relatively speaking miners always earn the same despite whatever the number is saying. This is because the income of a miner is in direct relation to the value of all goods, and when the miner earns a higher number eventually everything will get more expensive, because gets more money … but I digress.

Cheap isn’t necessarily good.
Balanced supply/demand is good.

4 Likes

Short : People will post things on the forums
Medium : People will post things on the forums
Long : Looking back on all that was posted, people realize they wasted their time like a lotto player looks back at all the dollars (spend on the lotto) he could have saved and used for his medical bill now that he is old and grumpy.

At least it was fun.

2 Likes

Just for you to remember that PVP is easily accessible isk wise. Losses are absolutely normal, that’s not the matter here.

That depends… For a new player starting out running lev1 missions payout plus bonus is…100K if your lucky. that’s 8 to 10 missions just to pay for the ship. Add in parts, lets say 12 missions. I think some of you forget how bad mission payouts were starting out.

2 Likes

This subject of highsec becoming less of a pvp zone seems common lately. Wardec changes still got people pissy or what?

I don’t see it ever being removed, but if it did then I agree with a lot of what I have read above. Huge effect to the market both long and short term. I’m sure many players quit or at least threaten to quit while blowing up the forums. Many players may move out of highsec causing a huge separation between players.

1 Like

Well yeah, I can and do. I just like to give solstice crap for being one of the real, genuine weirdos in this game. <3

1 Like

Awwwww, I love you too! :blush:

1 Like

Nothing forces people to do missions for isk, but doing missions only for the isk is missing the point of a game, especially for a new player.

2 Likes

Wrong, their search for action, adventure and a great story drives them. For me missions are the best part of EVE Online.

Except you are wrong about miners income.
Because not everything is tied to the t1 mineral index. Especially not everything is tied to the low end mineral index.
There are plenty of items with fixed minimum isk costs. There are plenty of things sourced elsewhere in Eve.

But admitting that wouldn’t let you abuse miners the same way.

More bots
More belts mined out by the combination of NPC miners and player bots
Less ice and ores to mine for active players
Continued forum rage about how things are unfair

I am sorry that I have a different opinion on the gameplay and your best counter is insults.

2 Likes

EVE is circling the drain, so all of these arguments are moot. Another 10k hit to the playerbase and quite a few regions will be ghost towns. As soon as players stop being able to generate content they’re history. Once this starts happening it’ll be like opening up the floodgates and trying to plug the leaks with your fingers…

EVE has at best a solid year left before it begins the inevitable decline. So enjoy your high-sec ganking while it lasts, because removing it will be the last desperate act of a dying company.

We already know what happens, this mistake was made before.

Since mining, hauling and manufacturing will be 100% safe everyone will do it.

You will end up with tons of “markets” all selling stuff that no one will buy because everyone makes their own and everything lasts forever.

In UO before Trammel crafting was very viable. After Trammel every house had 50 vendors all selling the same dam thing that no one bought.

Anyone who played original UO knows for a fact how horrible this would be.

1 Like

Arthur, it’s vastly more populated. Back in 2004 when I stared you could actually go a week without seeing another player in 0.0. In 2010 when I left it was easy to AFK travel through low sec. Now days there may not be more peak players, but it seems there is more consistency in the amount of players active. There doesn’t appear to be an “off time”.

^^^ Post from a player that played Eve in the beginning, responding to your question I believe about the amount of players then and now.

So how again is Eve " circling the drain " if player numbers are up?

1 Like