[Lifeblood] Moon Mining Revamp - Main Thread

I’m not seeing this anywhere in my search. All I could find was this:

These new processing skills will work much like the existing ore processing skills with a 2% bonus per level to the yields gained from reprocessing, except that each of them will apply to four ore types instead of one.

Unless I’m totally misreading that, it sounds exactly like how current refine skills and crystals work, which has no specific bonus to individual ore mining yield from skills (excluding mercoxit).

@Rowells
The books are on SiSi if you want to take a look. They are like the ore and ice processing books. Then we have new reaction, advanced reactions, remote reactions and some more. If I remember correctly there were 8 or 10 new books.

Maybe we can see them moon-ore crystals in a bit.

Edit:

The crystals have appeared in the market roaster but they aren’t seeded yet.

Don’t give us the moon minerals in WH but give us the moon mining for standard ore (or the enriched version that we do not have in WH) or gases or new T3 components… or a mix…

Whatever you like, but at least something !

Back on the topic : Great graphical effects ! Good job !

Over a month and a half to drag that chunk of moon minerals up from the surface… or am I doing it wrong?

There had better be a lot of stuff.

Seems the 1-4 weeks limit isn’t there. 6 weeks. Sounds like something a 900 man rorqual gang will love.

I just dragged out my calendar and I make it 8 weeks. Wow. Stagger those moons, people.

Yet another spreadsheet, to take care of all the scheduling lol. Any chance of a titan bridge for the mining fleet? hehehehe

Yes currently it’s set to 2-55 days, as with everything this is subject to change.

Sounds like it needs to auto-feed the corp/alliance calendar, just like how POS towers needing fuel does. Maybe they could add the same thing for all Upwell structures relating to fuel. I don’t know how many times that the guy who is in charge of our staging fort forgets to fuel it. Thankfully CCP finally made it so anyone who can control the guns can add fuel.

1 Like

What it needs is auto-feed to an ACL linked calendar.

Yes, I know, but a man can dream.

Just a few ideas/suggestions:

• Could we get some non-native racial ice ores added into the moon belts? (possibly reduce the ice belts slightly to compensate)
  • Could we get a tab in the mining ledger that lists all the active drilling & ready/auto detonation times for the corp?
  • Can you renumber the silos on the platform so they go 1 2 3 4 5 6 not 1 2 3 6 5 4 (i think it would look better)
  • I’d love there to be a tiny chance that something goes wrong, the chunk crashes into the drilling platform and destroys it
  • Are the NPC mining fleets going to try and ninja these belts? If not can it be allowed?
  • Tractor beam could be a bit more obvious its very faint to start with
  • Kill off traditional asteroid belts & replace with the new moonbelts (prehaps just keep them but remove mineable roids)

This assumes that the asteroid belt created by the refinery does not show up on the overview.
I’ll know in the next 24 hours if it does.

Er no, you’ll know in October.

You do realize that this is on SiSi for testing now?

You do realize that CCP made the time interval for pulling up moon chunks so large that no one will have a moon chunk before Oct 25th, the day after release right? You just have to scroll up a few posts to see.

This means no one has actually exploded or mined any moon goo at all on the test server yet.

i already have… emptied the belt in 15 mins in a rorq and got 24b isk worth of thulium

2 Likes

you mean the time frame that has a minimum of two days? I am about to blow up my first chunk in 5 hours.

Did you see if it could be added to the overview?

i had to warp to the roids them selfs off the platform. but the platforms show just like citadels and ec’s
i didnt see any belt beacon to warp to

No belt beacons, and you’ll have to inspect the moon visually to see if it’s an active field or not. Don’t believe the chink show up on dscan.

There are some new overview settings in the asteroid section, but I think that is for the chunks you can actually mine.

So… if you have DSCAN available, you can set it up to show refineries, mine-able chunks, and ships. A little work? Sure, but why should anything be completely easy?

The chunks themselves are somewhat evasive in the settings. You can click on the chunk and see it, but it doesn’t show up on overview (which leads me to believe it won’t on DSCAN either).

It’s already going to be fairly easy to mine these belts. Potentially much safer than mining in normal anoms or static asteroid belts. Add that to the static that normally comes with trying to dscan an area around a planet and it adds up in both directions.

1 Like