Pogchamp. Excellent move.
I hope so much this is permanent. This would fix a big part of EVE.
how about all who dont agree , team up and gank all eve system so all of player quit the game and the game die , that will be easy
They’re too busy putting 200km bubble fields, SB’ing BS and boson titans on every gate because without local that’s what will happen.
This is actually a great idea! I plan to share this with others…
so if there is fleet of neuts in region you be able to see it without having to sit in any of region border systems for intel? not so good if you look that way
Woohoo! Great news, CCP. Please resist those pussies whining about safety of their VNI
Honestly I think that’s a better idea, but this works too. I’ve advocated for it myself a few times. Still no local for wormholes, we don’t want it.
That means you can paralyse an entire region with one ship or a fleet. 100 cleverly named alts would be like kicking over an ant hill. That sounds better than no local to me.
I think the weakness with the regional chat concept is that you get too much intel far out. A region is hundreds of systems that could be covered, but most behind a handful of entrances you need to cover.
I’d rather say:
- High Sec: Local Chat
- Low Sec: Local Chat
- Null Sec: Constellation Chat
- WH : No chat
local chat should always stay local chat no exceptions beside WH
You can still log in no one said you can’t
Hi,
You are obviously a thoughtful intelligent player, however turn off you computer, go and grab a beer sit in the sun and chill for a bit. For me the balance with local was right on the player vs player basis, it is now skewed towards the hunter. This happened because the min/max groups overdid it to such a degree that CCP had no choice.
I don’t like it, you don’t like it. Don’t give up on Eve, because this is a damn good game, but pull back, let go of some of those accounts, consolidate your assets and think about chilling somewhere, lowsec, hisec. Do a wait and see.
You gain nothing by putting forth your views and engaging with people who want to make you rage quite because it makes them feel superior. And CCP is not going to read your posts either. Plan to pull back and wait out the storm and then decide what to do.
I wish you all the best and hope to see you do something else, I am just chilling in hisec at the moment waiting for the horde of unwashed Goons to splatter my citadel in their desire to punish hisec indy or something like that. Still makes me smile the thought of that.
log in for what? name a a good reason
it used to be a good game before people like Fozzy took a huge dump on it
It still is a damn good game
Getting game balance right is virtually impossible with such talented players around, hell CCP do a fairly good job considering just how difficult this is. Trying to balance on the Goons, biggest nightmare I could possibly think of.
If a 150 man bomber fleet can go in & out, & I can’t crit the thing to try & protect myself from that, then why undock?
That’s Null gates. Infinite mass can pass through. Then you get droppers. Null can be pretty damn rough. Different to WH’s, but certainly lively at times.
Losing Local is… Not desirable.
That’s a fair point… One I did not consider in my initial exuberance. Like most ideas in Eve it might need to be tweaked to make sure it has the intended effect of making local less perfect in intelligence, at least for the area. I realize may sound counter-intuitive at first.
I’m thinking that it’d end up making it a bit more confusing in chat rather than illuminating, yeah there’s a bunch of folks around but where exactly are they? So maybe encourage more hunting?
Excellent work CCP +3 sub acounts.
This will only consolidate the position of the biggest nullsec corps with deep pockets. CCP will get their wish that a lot of assets get destroyed, but it be a brief spike paid mostly by the smaller corps, solo and new players - who may very well leave now that they can’t rebuild.
Play will stagnate as players re-align into fewer alliances that can keep large standing fleets guarding miners 24x7 and the game will suffer tremendously in the long term.