Local is probably never going away in NS

BlockquoteAlways good for lols to see the supposed bad asses from NS protect a seriously care bear advantage. These guys have more BS that DT on Twitter.
popcorn
+1 Remove Local from NS.

And with a wave of a wand - DONE! Now enjoy your adventures in WH space. (Ok, we can’t claim sov in WH space, right? Maybe this should also be a thing.)

Blockquote You don’t have to jump gates to access ns systems…

Shhhh… mention of Wormhole space makes them quake in fear… they don’t REALLY want local removed… from themselves. Only from the other guy.

Never say never. If Local is going to vanish for null, the way it will be done is when observatories are launched. I personally think thats what the chat bubble is for, its going to tie into the observatory array somehow.

I could be wrong, but that would be the best time to remove or modify local.

WH is ok but I’d rather stay on topic, nice dodge attempt though :slight_smile:

If that happens, the residents advantage in null would become gigantic. Some of the stuff they talk about would allow those who control the space to have better intelligence than local… while taking local away from invaders. Pretty OP.

That’s what they want.

Its blatantly clear.

It doesn’t seem to be null residents on the “intel should not be free” bandwagon though.

Even though if you pay for intel… and that happens through dropping structures in system and removing local… the locals will end up with a ridiculous advantage out of the bargain.

Exactly.

NS already anticipates Local will be removed from NS, eventually, and has been lobbying for a structure solution that puts them right back where they where.

That’s not what I’m seeing. I’m seeing most null carebears who don’t want either local removed or structures to give intel. It’s the anti-local crowd crying for this stuff (from how I’m reading it).

But whatever I guess.

1 Like

The powers that be in NS know Local is going to be removed, eventually.
Hence they’ve been actively lobbying to re-instate it with a structure.

Local intel is that important, and NS knows it.

Local intel is only one part (albeit a large part) of a larger problem with intel gathering in EvE. Years ago I put forth an idea on the forums to overhaul the sensor systems on EvE (link available upon request). I still stand by most of the ideas in that thread, but the larger point is that there’s a lot of things imbalanced in regards to detecting and tracking people in EvE.

So far the devs seem to be of the opinion that the imbalances for one side and the imbalances towards the other side more or less cancel each other out so everything is equal. What the reality seems like to me, is that there’s just a ton of layered imbalanced systems. Failing to iterate on it is not only failing to live up to the foundations of EvE and it’s fuller potential, it’s also pissing a lot of people off being told that certain things can’t be changed or altered because other things that desperately need to be changed or altered also aren’t going to be iterated upon. “We can’t fix A because B is also broken, so it balances out” does not inspire people in the slightest.

Agreed.
Cyno mechanics are a large part of the problem.
I dont regard WH aggressors as significant to the Local metric.
WH aggression to NS is rare/random, and then also constrained by its own mechanics.

Tell that to hk and lzhk.

No it won’t because a structure would have to respect stealth and would presumably be limited by factors like distance where the current local is working on magic.

What advantage over whom?

Its pointless, since all nullsec systems will have it, and its a massive downgrade to npc nullsec, which doesn’t have sov structures. npc nullsec is supposed to be unnappealing to large blobs, not unnappealing to everybody.

We dont know that either of those will be the case.

except depending on the timers, observatories could be the weakest of the structures, so in theory, it could be simple to knock out local in the systems you are moving through, and keep it gone for 24 hours.

CCP should probably invent an area of the game to satisfy the wants and needs of people who dislike local. Maybe a place with special kinds of rats that drop loot worth stupid amounts of isk to reward those players who want to live there. Maybe set up a unique entry and exit system that makes an impact on peoples daily routines so they feel more immersed in their area.

i’ll petition CCP and see if I can get them to whip something up for you.

5 Likes

Is it silly?

Am I going to engage you in my ratting VNI, now that would be silly.

You come into my pocket when my alliance is active and there is a high probability that you will end up leaving in a pod or waking up in a new pod.

Earlier today I was AFK, it was outside the main period of my alliance and in came some sort of WH roamer, he runs around our pocket and because most people are AU TZ and snoring at this point comes into the system where I am and I am not even playing and declares that we are boring fecks, I think he was too bored to even check the damn TZ of the place he was roaming into. As far as he was concerned I was the issue, was highly amusing… And then I looked at his killboard and found that he came in with a Cynabel if solo or a ceptor with friends and they killed ratting and mining ships, oh how boring…, reminds me of that Volta guy in GTFO ships whining about me using a Falcon to save a drake from his oversized prop mod Tengu and GTFO Cynabel, what a bore…

People from my alliance go hunting and catch stuff all the time…, you need a special ship oh dear…

I find that a whine from you, you have the tools to catch people now, you just go oh its local and whine about it.

Lovely post mate, totally agree with it!!!