Main AFK cloaky thread

A ship that logs out can’t be engaged either. Do you insist on banning logging out?

1 Like

*cough*Troll Feeder*cough*

3 Likes

OMG…look at this…

Seriously look at these people.

These nub players: AFK cloaking is too safe! I can see them in local and that scares me.

Also these nub players: With blackout I can’t see them and that scares me, too.

How about you just play in HS?

No. These ships have paper thin tanks. They can’t pack much of a punch either (stealth bombers the exception, but their tanks aren’t even paper). While cloaked they can’t do anything except warp around and move around at their base non-warp speed.

Now, maybe if they could shoot you while cloaked or they had a bigger punch then maybe. But the sad reality is you want to shoot ships while they are AFK. IRL do you take candy from children?

2 Likes

You had to know with blackout ending this thread was going to be revived by these nubs and their complaints.

I know, and I didn’t get to use my line “How do you KNOW there is a cloaked ship” near enough :rofl:

2 Likes

Don’t forget that bombers can’t punch anything smaller than a battlecruiser very well except in very limited situations.

1 Like

If you’re happy and a cloaker clap your hands
*clap clap*

If you’re happy and a cloaker clap your hands
*clap clap*

If you’re happy and a cloaker
RMTers get a stroke - ah!
if you’re happy and a cloaker
clap your hands
*clap clap*

6 Likes

Solecist: delivering the kind of content that New Eden deserves for as long as I can remember.

2 Likes

:blush:

Thank you. :smiley:

1 Like

Holy ****.

So I’ve recently come back from a 3-4 year break from EVE (RL got crazy) and this argument is still here? And better yet the argument is still exactly the same?

3 Likes

They have nothing else but always the same …
… and always from the perspective of a self entitled, self declared victim …
… which should be entitled to everything and anything …
… instead of what it naturally should do:

Die and perish.

vOv

Still looking for a way to threaten a cloaked ship out in space that is both invulnerable and impossible to interact with rather than watching someone use a single button to deny pvp content when the odds are not 100% in their favor.

This issue is magnified significantly in lowsec, so please think of the dead area of eve when purposing changes.

Now I understand what happened to @Nicolai_Serkanner

No, go away!

2 Likes

Still looking for a point to any of your ideas, given the fact that if you implement any of them the AFK cloaked ships will just log off and be equally invulnerable to PvP.

This issue is magnified significantly in lowsec, so please think of the dead area of eve when purposing changes.

No, it’s minimized in lowsec because NPC stations are everywhere and a player who wants to avoid PvP can just dock. AFK cloaking only exists in nullsec, the only place where docking access is not available wherever you want it.

1 Like

Just yesterday, actually around 10h ago, I’ve checked this thread again to see how many posts have been made since mine. To my surprise it was eight days since the last post … which was mine.

And now … boom. In any case, there really isn’t going on much anymore in this thread and I assume most of these assholes have been banned already. Except Mike Voidstar. I think. Maybe. Idk.

I’ve seen others suggesting that Black Ops should disappear from local, and I agree. However, they should lose local themselves and not be able to D-Scan. They could put probes out, and scan with actual probes, but D-Scanner wouldn’t work and local wouldn’t work while cloaked.

So, a cloaked individual would have to warp around to get a visual on enemies, and this would make covert-ops cloaking even more valuable since non-covert-ops ships with prototype cloaking devices and such could cloak but then they lose local and D-Scanner.

I could also see a module that requires fuel having to be fueled for local to work. And the owners could decide if only allies, corp members, or everyone can use local… but whatever choice they make, its stuck on that. Meaning either hostiles can be seen and see everyone, or they can’t be seen and can’t see anyone. So it would cut both ways, you COULD-NOT say, “We can see hostiles in local but they can’t see us.” It’s either we can see them in local AND they can see us, or we can’t see them and they can’t see us (but we can see friendlies). I don’t know who’s use “Allies Only” or “Corp Only” over “Everyone” and “No-One” but with the option there, who knows, someone might find a use.

I’ve been proposing that for years… But all the people who demand that AFK-Cloaking be removed, seem to jump on this too. Their only goal is to be able to see covert ships.

They’ll always jump onto whatever silly “argument” seems to get them the furthest,
until there’s a new “argument” to be made somehow.

They don’t really have a concept or anything. They just want to bot and RMT in peace
and carebears as they are they don’t care about the truth, being honest or anything.

At least you didn’t waste our time pretending to know wth you are talking about.

Black Ops cannot fit Covert Ops Cloaking Device.

Next.

I’m a huge fan of cloaking and a person who dislikes cloaky campers, so i want to put out my 2 cents here.

My idea is that the targeting delay after cloaking is directly affected on how long you have been cloaked before. That targeting delay also applies to cynos so that someone can not just decloak and put a cyno next to you with no warning whatsoever for the victim. Making that targeting delay system work similar to the jump reactivation timer also makes the campers spend more time uncloaked in asystem which allows the system “owner” to hunt down the camper before the camper start his attack, while someone who logs into a systm and checks out the anomalies cloaked out and still can do a surprise deloak when he haven’t been cloaked for too long. There could be a new skill which reduce that cooldown.
This also needs to apply to bombers so that they also have to wait a few seconds if they have been cloaked in a system for >1 hour.

Best regards
~Rhysio Typho

1 Like