Main AFK cloaky thread

Yes. And?

Can you not respond to an afk cloaker now? Can you not fly in a fleet and use pvp fits to rat for added protection? Can you not fit a cyno for a counter drop?

You’re ignorance is astounding and the only thing more shocking than that is your sense of entitlement. Respond does not mean go on the offensive. The very nature of a cloak, in any game not just eve, is that the cloaker has the initiative but is in a weak ship.

Learn to play under the threat of attack. That’s what null sec is all about. Or you don’t really belong there.

3 Likes

You don’t have to like it. It’s working as intended.

Pretending to be able to do something that you actually can’t or won’t do is part of the metagame. It doesn’t yield them ISK, it doesn’t bring them killmails. It only influences you, because you decide to let it influence you. It’s not the games fault.

Why do you not like it? If you are a weak victim I can see why you wouldn’t like having your farming disrupted, since a single name in local means that your failed alliance shuts down entirely until local is 100% safe again. But if you’re a strong player/alliance, the kind that deserves success in nullsec, a name in local is irrelevant. If the player does anything but sit idle in space your farming fleet presses F1 and gets a killmail. If they cyno in other ships you get more killmails. You don’t need new game mechanics to remove the threat of AFK cloakers, you need to stop being a weak victim.

2 Likes

AFK cloakers aren’t really participating. They aren’t generating ISK, they aren’t engaging targets, they aren’t even gathering intel. Their only “participation” is a very weak form of psychological warfare and reducing the effectiveness of local, a massively overpowered intel tool that needs to be nerfed anyway. If you are not a weak victim then the AFK cloaker’s participation in the game is reduced to zero. They do not meaningfully participate in the game until they come back from AFK and start to take actions besides sitting idle in a safespot.

By the same standards that an AFK cloaker’s psychological warfare effect its “AFK participation” that I am able to make this forum post and, at some future point while I am AFK, you will read it and be angry about how people won’t accept your demands for safer farming. So what should we do, make it so a player’s forum posts only appear while they are at their PC and disappear temporarily when they go idle?

2 Likes

MFW another salty whiner comes here to bitch about how cloaky campers are stopping them from AFK Krabbing.

So, I need a fleet to be up 24x7? Seriously?

And it’s hypocrisy.

Apparently you’re too stupid to read what I write.

You can’t seriously be this dumb.

Yep. Welcome to nullsec. Stop being a weak victim and use the available tools to defend yourself. And stop expecting to be able to solo farm everything at maximum theoretical ISK/hour. You are not in highsec anymore, stop acting like you are.

As for your insults, I’ll take that as your concession that you have nothing better to offer.

4 Likes

Apparently you’re too stupid to read what I write.

Yes, it’s not that your suggestion is terrible, but rather that the 50 people that disagree with your idea are all stupid.

1 Like

Apparently you’re too stupid to understand what you write. Just go back to World of Warcraft, instead of demanding that EVE become yet another meaningless WoW clone.

2 Likes

It’s called a standing fleet. Pretty common. Especially in null sec.

You don’t have to do it all the time (depending on your group) but it’s highly recommended with hostiles around. How else are your friends going to respond to your distress?

Playing alone in null is hard. Very hard. But that’s the point.

4 Likes

My opinions here are:
Cloak is weakening the ship and in return player gets to pick the target. All good here.
Cloaked ship hunting ratters is “game as usual” and should be encouraged as much as possible. Preferably give them decent ability to blast ratting carriers/supers.
But cloak is very sub-optimal too - everyone should be (realistically) killable anywhere in space. Preferably docked too.
Local gives too much info - it should be a chat channel. Delayed everywhere and perhaps give rough (1-4, 5-10 etc) number of people.
Dscan is annoying by the need to manually spam it and that there is no limitation on its use.
Hotdrop is a stupidity, as the only/best counter is your own hotdrop. There needs to be a better alternative. Change cynos.

(suggestions to follow later if anyone is even in favor of this general view)

Ya’ll get the change as soon as there’s some actual dangers for ya filthy botters who want 100% safety in the nullsec pocket they ain’t ownin’ anyway.

1 Like

I don’t need a translator.
What i’m saying is understandable enough for honest people reading this.

Thanks for your humoristic help though.

Most of them have read what I wrote.

It isn’t for the cloak camper

It isn’t for the Cloaked Camper. Very True, and the exact thing that 99.9999999999999999999999999999% of those against it have been saying from day one.

What’s the issue with having a way for someone to spend effort hunting down the cloaked ship? If the cloaker is ATK and evading properly he still won’t be caught. If he’s not really alone and is looking to bring in a fleet they get a killmail.

The dynamic of cloaked camping is too easy on the camper. He can have advantages without being so safe that AFK in enemy space equates to invulnerability.

So now you’re afraid of a solo cloaker. Not one that has a fleet behind him.

Yeah you really shouldn’t be in null.

2 Likes

If it’s only a matter of time when hunting cloakers then you can tell the difference between atk cloakers and afk cloakers. Which means you know when it’s safe and when it’s not safe.

Not going to happen. You can try to hunt cloakers when it’s not obvious the moment they enter system.

2 Likes

willfindyou

3 Likes

No, it means you can actively create the safety, AKA protect your space.

If they are AFK, so what? an idiot dies. If they are ATK it’s on them to back up the threat they are projecting with action, or they can keep up their own safety with evasion. Either way they are still having their effect on the system, and everybody gets to have fun with PVP, not just them.

Once again, this isn’t really an issue with PvE players, who aren’t even in space with you. That’s not your concern in any way whatsoever. You don’t get to dictate how people play when you aren’t there to play with them.

If you want to be in space playing with others, then you need to be at least in a modicum of risk from those other players. Just wishing people would stay in space to play with you isn’t a sufficient excuse to enjoy unlimited safe time in space. People who dock aren’t in space anymore, and aren’t your issue.