Main AFK cloaky thread

IOW, “I’m fine with removing cloaks from local as long as we give RMT botters a different early warning mechanism, arguably one that is even more effective than local”. No. You don’t get more safety.

That’s a choice they make, not one they are forced into. It depends on their goal as to if they see a need to follow you. This too has been covered extensively, and part of the complaint is that camping is so low cost that it can be done across whole swaths of space for very little effort. I don’t see that as a problem, but don’t pretend it does not happen.

The issue continues to be that there is no action you can force a cloaked ship into that would provide opportunity to engage it in any circumstance other than it’s own voluntary discretion. You can’t make it need to get close, need to move,etc… I don’t demand a way to immediately decloak, just a way to impose some sort of risk on the ship that it needs to put out some effort on it’s own behalf to maintain that safety.

Bots and RMT are already bannable offenses. They aren’t ever a part of any balancing discussion, they are simply to be removed upon discovery.

So tell me then, how do you impose risk on a cloaker that he does not choose for himself? There he sits, on grid with you, 50km away. Tell me how to make him move or force him how to do anything at all. Note I’ve already cleared the first hurdle for you by putting him on grid, all you have to do now is tell me what risk you can impose on him from 50km.

You have gotten an answer to that questions dozens, if not hundreds, of times. I’m not going to bother answering it again, since we all know that you won’t get it anyway.

You won’t answer because it does not exist.

Nothing you can do can make a cloaker do anything.

At worst you can give him the same choice that concord does, behave or else.

I won’t answer because you’ve been given the answer plenty of times, but you’re either too stupid or too uneducated to understand it. Answering you yet another time isn’t going to change that. I’d just be wasting my time.

You can’t make someone in game do anything. It is all a choice. You choose to dock up or not. And once you make that choice I, as another player, can do nothing to make you do something else. I could trick you, I could cajole you, if I were your CEO in game I could threaten to kick you, etc. But in the end you still have a choice.

1 Like

You can also make me explode against my wishes. You can drain my cap. you can hold me in place with webs and scrams.

In the case of a cloaked ship, it would be reasonable there would be some way to eventually make it decloak, or at least move around or risk being decloaked.

Yes, if you choose to do certain things there can be negative consequences. If you choose not to dock up when I, a hostile player, show up in a NS system with you…you are accepting that there could be a negative interaction. Working as intended.

You already know he is there and you can totally avoid whatever threat, perceived or real, that he poses. Seems like there is not much of an issue here.

Really Mike, why do you play a game where your every decision entails different levels of risk…then come to the forums and argue for mechanical reductions in that risk?

1 Like

When a ship cloaks it disappears from overview, and it should from local as well.

To me this is simply an inconsistent design, a flaw that just needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

Oh god yes

This x10000

1 Like

Absolutely. Just make sure that in exchange it goes on probes and dscan

As a developer myself I always find it comical when customers negotiate like this :rofl:

Given that the mantra for the last 10 years is that we can’t change cloaks without changes to local, and that’s been coming from your side of the aisle…

It must be very amusing indeed.

This is a design flaw, the program behaves inconsistently.

You are asking for a feature enhancement.

1 Like

Because wahts better than a cloacky camper? A Claocky camper thats not even on local ^^. You guys are retarded.

What happened to cloacks using fuel?

Eh? Local works the same everywhere, except where they put in a specific exception.

Is this what you missed?

Possibly you missed my post above, here it is Main AFK cloaky thread - #3544 by Cypr3ss_Deteis but the answer you seek is “you fly into them”. Once you get close enough they uncloak & you can kill them!

They’re AFK, right?, so they won’t notice when you start to get close.

Regards,
Cypr3ss

Then what would be the freaking point of a Cloaking Device?

You’re equipping a device to your ship to make you invisible and undetectable. And you’re arguing that the trade off for using such a device, is that you should still be visible and/or detectable?

Seriously, stop posting unless you’re going to get some adult supervision.

3 Likes

Oh yes, and it’s just pure coincidence that your ideas always do nothing for PvP and have a primary consequence of making RMT botting more effective…

So tell me then, how do you impose risk on a cloaker that he does not choose for himself?

Fit for PvP, bring a cyno, have a fleet on standby. The cloaker does not choose to engage a 50-man hotdrop, you force it on them.

There he sits, on grid with you, 50km away. Tell me how to make him move or force him how to do anything at all.

Why does it matter if you force them to move? They’re cloaked, so you won’t know that you succeeded. It’s trivially easy to move away and stay cloaked, so you won’t decloak them and kill them. Why are you so obsessed with a result you will never get to see? Which is, from your point of view, exactly the same as the current situation?

Of course we know the real reason. It’s not about getting to engage a cloaked ship in PvP. You’ve admitted that you hate PvP and will not participate in it. It’s about making it no longer possible to keep your name in local when you log off (since even the most incompetent farmers can kill an AFK player if they get decloaked), making farming safer for botters and renter trash.

1 Like