Main AFK cloaky thread

That’s not generating ISK, that’s acquiring ISK that has already been generated, quite possibly by a botter.

Read Solstice’s post just above this, he explains the difference quite well.

I haven’t read the whole thread, but as I see it the issues with cloaky campers are these two points:

1. Cloaky campers can get intel from local all day without risk
  2. Cloaky campers can go afk all day without risk

These two issues are incredibly annoying for the targets of the cloaky campers because

• Baiting a cloaky camper is a waste of time, he might be afk for the next 10 hours.
  • Baiting a cloaky camper is a waste of time, he knows when you have a response fleet in system or the next system due to his cloaky campers in those systems.

I see some solutions to these issues:
A. Remove local.
B. Remove the ability to stay afk cloaked for hours.

Solution A means no more free intel for the cloaky camper, and no more risk-free kills once his possible backup left system. Cloaky campers will now have to take the risk that their target might be bait.
Solution B means that cloaky campers can only be cloaky camping when they aren’t AFK. And that means that baiting such a cloaky camper becomes much more feasible when you know for certain that he’s around to actually see the bait.

I wouldn’t mind seeing local gone. But I think it would be better if cloaks weren’t completely fail-safe for hours of afk camping. Either CCP can put a time limit on cloaks, make it require fuel, or add a module for players to slowly search and locate cloaky ships in space. Slow enough that anyone at their keyboard has no impact from it at all, but fast enough to catch some player that has been cloaked in system for hours in the same area.

AFK Cloaky camping is completely risk free right now and in my opinion only docked up players should have no risk at all. Either remove local or stop people from staying cloaked for hours without input.
Active cloaky camping is fine as it is, but the ability to do this AFK and risk free makes it bad for the game.

All of this has been “discuseed” endlessly already. You literally just need to search for the same words you’ve already been using in that paragraph. You’ll find that everything has been successfully debunked already, and you’ll find that the RMT crowd will just keep jumping to the next “argument”.

In the end does literally no one, who complains about afk cloaky camping, have any ground for arguments against it. AFK cloaking is the counter to perfect local intel in nullsec. Without afk cloaking these people would be perfectly safe.

There is zero reason to doubt that most of those who complain about afk cloakers are RMTers using bots, because they’re the ones who are hurt the most by those who just sit there doing nothing.

Everyone who complains about afk cloaky pilots being risk free either unknowingly, or deliberately ignores that they can not do anything but sitting there.

Everyone who complains about afk cloaky pilots being risk free is either unknowingly, or more likely deliberately ignoring that the ones who cry about afk cloakers are exactly the one who want their space to be risk free, because they ask for the removal of the only risk they have.

Don’t support RMTers.

It’s bad.

4 Likes

A few things. I’m only against afk cloaking. I have nothing against it if a player wants to camp a system cloaked for hours, as long as he’s actually at his computer.

That brings me to your argument that without afk cloaking the people in null are perfectly safe. Well they aren’t perfectly safe when people are actively cloaked in system.

Then you come up with the argument that arguments against afk cloakers are mostly coming from RMTers using bots, because these people are hurt the most. While I do not have proof that your statement is incorrect, you do not have proof either. I merely know that I think afk cloaking shouldn’t be a thing in this game, and I’m neither a bot, nor a RMTer.

Cloaky camping is perfectly acceptable. Doing it afk is not.

And without reward!

A PERFECT Risk vs Reward balance!

This is not WOW, AFK is normal and legal in EVE.

Before you post ■■■■■■■■ you should at least read the rules.

1 Like

Incorrect.
Because of the existence of local chat and intel channels, a cloaky camper will likely only catch people who aren’t paying attention.
However, if the cloaky camper first spends 10 hours in system afk while he’s at work, he is rewarded with the possibility of jumping on people who do pay attention, merely because nobody is able to see the difference between an afk cloaky camper and an active cloaky camper.

Remove local chat, or remove the abilty for cloaky campers to be safe while afk for hours, and then cloaky camping will have the right risk vs reward balance.

I’m not discussing the rules here. I’m talking about the game mechanics. And I believe that in the spirit of EVE’s ruthless universe it should not be possible to get rewards without risk. And that it should not be possible to be afk and without risk, while undocked.

You mean as opposed to someone DOCKED in a station?

Before we address this lets remove local from docked ships.

You need too, you are just repeating garbage that was debunked 2-3 herds of bears that quit ago.

No, I’ve scanned it through and saw a lot of garbage. You are right now repeating those arguments on auto-pilot, without actually seeing that I make a distinct difference between afk cloaky campers and active cloaky campers.

I have nothing against cloaky campers hunting space. I do have something against people who have an ingame impact on the game without being at the computer, whether they’re botters or afk campers.

Would be a welcome addition in my opinion. Remove local from docked ships and remove docked ships from local.

IC we are going to have to go the full route with this one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ok, so tell us about this reward that requires risk. Then we will tell you the reward is useless as long as he is cloaked so there is no reward. Then you will tell us about he can pop a cyno and we will tell you to use Cyno Inhibitors. Then you will tell us you are really talking about high/low sec and all you want is the cloaky camper to leave so you can undock. Then we will tell you that pixel fear is not a thing we can fix with code.

Like I said, you’re on auto-repeat without actually adressing my distinction between afk cloaky campers and active cloaky campers.
I’ve seen the ‘full route’ before as I’ve read parts of this thread in the past and do not intend to go the default ‘aaah cloaky campers are bad’ route.

My reason to come to this thread is not because cloaky campers are personally affecting me, my reason to come to this thread is to discuss a potential issue in the game and to come up with a possible solution.

I understand that it might have been a bad idea to come to a thread where people are likely to repeat the same things on auto-pilot instead of actually reading and discussing new points added to the thread, but I wanted to test your ability to read anyway, rather than creating a new thread when there already is a ‘main AFK cloaky thread’.

My question is simple:
Normal cloaky campers can do everything an afk cloaky camper can do. How would the game change if people had to keep an eye on their computer to stay cloaked?

Cloaky RMTer spotted.

There’s thousands of posts talking about this.

Use.
The.
Search.
Luke.

3 Likes

Read the thread Luke.

You are not the first person down this particular dead end.

Lol

Sure there’s thousands of posts talking about it, but why is afk cloaky camping still a thing then? For example, if there were thousands of posts talking about afk VNIs, does that mean we shouldn’t talk about them anymore?

But I get it, this discussion is not going to get anywhere.

Because most the posts support afk in this game.

In my opinion the game would be better if people had to interact with the game. AFK could be a choice, but a choice that brings more risks than when the player is sitting at the computer.

But I think we’re done here.

It’s still a thing because of people like you, who refuse to use the search.

1 Like

Now you’re just trolling.

AFK cloaking has absolutely nothing to do with using the search function of the forum.

It has everything to do with the search, if you would use the search you would know the rules and the reasons for the rules.

As opposed to just posting uninformed information as fact.

Same answer for you. AFK cloaking ingame has no relation to the search engine on the forum whatsovever. Stop trolling.

I give this one…

45 days :rofl: