Main AFK cloaky thread

So because it’s not BFD to you it’s no BFD to anyone?

It doesn’t matter what else you can do. In a cloaked ship you can see the grid, gather intel, set up an ambush, etc…

Fact remains that cloaked ships are safer than docked ones. That’s not balance, that’s bias.

Unless you have super expensive implants, not it isn’t a BFD.

All I can do is report back what is on grid and what is in local…the latter you too can do while in station. As for an ambush I can’t do that and maintain my perfect safety. Setting up an ambush means taking a risk.

So I can see the grid. But I can’t JC out. I can reship. I can’t access any of the other station services.

No, it is pretty much the same. You can never ever lose a ship while docked. Ever. You can lose a ship with a cloak if you decide not to sit at a safe.

Good thing you are wrong.

I’m sure you find it comforting to think so.

You may not be able to lose a ship while docked, but it’s possible to ensure you lose it if you leave dock.

You can’t say that of cloaks, unless the pilot is just an idiot or so unlucky as to be literally one in a million.

My irl friends live in russian space and i visit them often +other part of null too and yea i have a ratting char in provi.

This is such complete nonsense. Of course you can lose a cloaking ship if you leave your safe spot. Happens all the time.

Of course you can lose a cloaking ship

There is no way in EVE to lost cloaking ship!!!
(except maybe smartbombs, bombs, need to check what happens if ship died from single volley)

I just bet if you look on zkill you’ll see huge numbers of ships lost that had cloaks fitted. You cannot achieve anything that makes ISK whilst cloaked, hence the need to decloak and put yourself at risk to do so.

He means literally cloaked and he’s right in that regard. The only modules that can damage / kill a ship while it is cloaked are AoE modules (non-targeted doomsdays, bombs, smartbombs).

We can take this line of thought one step further to prove that cloaked ships are at higher risk than docked ships:
Docked ships can’t be killed in any way and are thus 100% safe, cloaked ships obviously can and are thus not 100% safe.

1 Like

After introducing citadels even a docked ship isn’t 100% safe.
Only docked on stations.

2 Likes

It is 100% safe even if the citadel gets destroyed the ship will remain intact/unharmed and goes to asset safety.

What happens when a citadel goes boom while you are in it?

CCP Nullarbor wrote:

Actually after discussion with the CSM we have changed our mind on that point since the developer blog, now you will log back into space with your active ship while all your stuff is transported to the nearest station.

Didn’t check for myself, but lets suppose it’s true

You can forbid player from using “Undock invulnerability” agains his will. It’s hard and not always possible almost like “the only one way to decloak ship agains his will is to find it on safe spot blindly”

Good luck using an aoe weapon on a cloaked, afk player on a safespot.

Good luck destroying a well defended upwell-structure with just one ship.

1 Like

Were they using those cloaks? Somehow I doubt it.

Even in the higher risk applications of a cloak it’s almost impossible outside of idiocy to lose the ship.

Just having it fitted obviously does nothing. You actually have to use it. But when you do you are in space doing your thing and completely immune to interaction except for if you choose otherwise.

Maybe if you actually tried to use a cloaking ship other than moving around HS you might learn that this is not true. If you are in say a blockade runner moving through HS you can indeed lose your ship even if the cloak is activated. As was noted AoE attacks like bombs can kill you (I am assuming this includes smart bombs too, I haven’t tested this or been the victim of smart bombing while in a ship that can fit a covert ops cloak). Also, you can be decloaked by a skilled/lucky interceptor pilot.

What!?! No wai! We have just been subjected to dozens of posts by Loki that it is an autowin butan!!!

Decloaking can and does happen.

■■■■■■■■. ■■■■■■■■. Total ■■■■■■■■.

Again, AoE weapons and decloaking are indeed things. Now, if you want to say I am extremely safe at a safe spot and cloaked…okay. Yeah sure.

But merely activating my cloak and then doing stuff like warping around, jumping through gates, etc. Nope, not so extremely safe.

Since when do afk cloakers jump through gates…

Since when do AFK cloakers pose any risk or interact in any way with the game? Oh right! They don’t.

1 Like

Right. Since they dont interact with the game, they shouldnt be online at all.

And why exactly would CCP suddenly change that when they didn’t give a ■■■■ the last 16 years?