Main AFK cloaky thread

Your question is pointless.

How so? Because you’re unable to understand, comprehend and / or answer it?

CCP does alot of strange things to the game and its mechanincs… like if you didnt know. If they dont give a ■■■■ about it for 16 years, it doesnt mean they wont change it tomorrow or sometime in the future.

CCP also understands the balance between local and afk cloaking. Unlike you.

Local + cloaking. Not afk cloaking.

Since Mike’s complaints are about cloaks in general not just AFK cloaking.

Removed a few posts that were taken way beyond the point of acceptability.

~Buldath

1 Like

Being on both sides of the fence here, I do not really and never have seen this as an issue. A player cloaked up isn’t making any isk or doing a whole lot so really being sat out for hours on end is a waste of gametime.

But scanning sites myself, if someone is cloaked willing to wait for you find some support to cover ya ass and then you might not be such a chicken in facing them or if not fly a different system and think of some tactic around it.

If we cried about people using warp scrams because it cost us ships how much would we get trolled.

From day one cloaky ships were the ships I envyied and probably what encouraged me to continue playing and learning. I don’t think they are broken it is the sorry person looking down the barrel of the gun that need to rethink!

That’s pretty solidly on one side of the fence.

It does not matter what the cloaked ship is or is not doing.

Rather than raising the barrier to being destroyed it would be nice if you could go on the offensive and interrupt his chosen activity instead.

But actually facing some nonconsent themselves is just too much. They have to remain totally safe to make sure that others aren’t totally safe, even though those others already were not totally safe.

1 Like

I mean to say I play the cloaky and the guy that is exploring the places cloakers will be hiding. Not my opnion on the matter that is for sure one sided. Don’t change my cloaky!

I’m sure you would be much more comfortable keeping your effortless safety.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

He is an ATK cloak user. One of the people whose game play you want to nerf. He is going to be vulnerable at certain times. He is not effortlessly safe. That is just not true. He is going to be going through gates and decloaking when he needs to.

He is not sitting at a safe claoked–your effortless safety.

Seriously Mike do you do anything but mine, build and haul in HS? There is quite a bit more to the game than that.

1 Like

Only certain times? Not at all times while in space?

Yes, just like when a ratter is sometimes effortlessly safe and other times he is not.

Holy ■■■■ dude.

But the ratter is always in danger so long as they are in space, consistent with the core principals of eve.

Your entire position is that you must remain immune to their efforts to engage you so that they remain vulnerable to your efforts to engage them, even though they already were, which is why they flee when hostile ships arrive.

1 Like
  • Not if nobody else is in local with them.
  • Not if they run for safety when the threat is still 10 jumps out.
  • Not if they’re diligently watching local, warping the moment a neutral shows up.
  • …
1 Like

No you aren’t. How are you in danger if local is clear? You aren’t. Not at all.

Definitely introduce the ability to find cloaked ships. And then at the same time introduce T3 cloaking devices that avoid the new scanners. ^^

Can you be interacted with? Why, yes you can!

You can be scanned down, tackled and killed if you stay in space when someone does appear.

Once they are in dock, you have no entitlement to kill them, so sorry. :frowning:
Maybe try being someone other people want to play with and you will have better luck next time.

Are you seriously claiming that you should be able to kill people in space when you aren’t even present in system? Perhaps you should lobby CCP for a Starkiller base so you can sit safely at home and kill people from across the galaxy.

People can pop out of wormholes, people could log off in system… they don’t have to come through gates and be tracked 10 jumps out. You could hunt in busier systems where local has more names in it so that you aren’t seen so easily.

The choice of where you hunt is up to you. If you choose to hunt in nearly empty systems where you are easily discovered, I fail to see how it is the local’s fault that you are quickly and easily avoided. After all, that’s why they went there and did the work to clear that space in the first place. You are free to disrupt that, but you need to put in the same kind of effort.

So we are back to your real issue being that you were outplayed. Many manhours of multiple players’ effort went into creating the situation you are trying to break by yourself with a trivial module. The sad part is that the gameplay is so biased and poorly designed that your hand gets held and this is possible.

1 Like

Only for you. You are so much of an annoying {censored} that the entire player base should have a “kill Mike_SheepLove” button that they can press at any time and destroy your ship/pod. Maybe then you’d finally GTFO and go back to WoW.

I fail to see how it is the local’s fault that you are quickly and easily avoided.

Because local gives 100% accurate warning of a threat appearing in system, with more than enough time to warp out and dock before any attack is possible. Seriously, this is not complicated. No amount of “effort” will allow you to get tackle on a target within 10 seconds of appearing in local.

Many manhours of multiple players’ effort went into creating the situation you are trying to break by yourself with a trivial module.

No, zero hours of effort went into it. Local is there as soon as you start the game and requires no effort to maintain. You’d have a point about effort if local was only provided at great difficulty and expense by upgrading your system, but it isn’t.

Maybe try being someone other people want to play with and you will have better luck next time.

PvP in EVE does not require consent, or being liked. Lazy and stupid nullsec farmers should suffer losses frequently regardless of how much they hate the people killing them.