Main AFK cloaky thread

Return the favor, so you want to sit not PvE-ing and not killing anyone too? You can already do that.

2 Likes

Is it? Are you sure? Way, way back there was some discussion about how CCP was not so happy with local being used in this manner, that it was not intended.

You donā€™t say. :thinking: Why it is almost like a costā€¦something you give up. Kind of like how you give up cash for a loaf of bread (or more accurately all the other things you could have spent that cash on). :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, but now people are not making ISK because of local. That tool that worked in their favor has been turned against them.

Mike is that you? :rofl:

Youā€™re right, we should make the mechanic symmetrical. Farmers should also have the ability to make themselves immune to being hunted. We should allow them to voluntarily suspend all ISK generation and all ability to engage PvP targets (not that farmers would ever voluntarily do PvP), in exchange for complete immunity to being attacked. But this is a pretty powerful ability, so maybe it should be a module you have to fit. I think a high slot would be a pretty fair price to pay for something that powerful. Seems like a good idea, letā€™s submit this new farmer-safety module to CCP.

Oh waitā€¦

They must be so happy now that ppl play their game AFK :slight_smile:

It is not a cost since you are AFKā€¦

You missed the point.

You guys cant stop speaking of risk and safe farming while you are risk-free and farming tears, which is another currency in eve, lol.

Proof positive that some people will never ever learn.

Actually I believe you did.

Yo butt brain. I donā€™t actually AFK cloakā€¦well unless you count those few hours against FinFleet and since it is FinFleet it doesnā€™t count as they terrible.

You failed big time Tesco

I believe itā€™s that Lena Crews guy. Burned one character with ridiculously stupid comments and then moved on to the next, not noticing that he is the problem and that he canā€™t fix that with jumping characters.

You are ridiculous.

You do realize that you canā€™t use a cloak when you are already targeted by somethingā€¦ like maybe a few dozen NPC ships?

Not that it matters, because IN SPACE should equal AT RISK. Especially with hostiles present.

Itā€™s a sandbox game. The goal isnā€™t always to make ISK, thatā€™s determined by the individual players doing what they want. So blubbering about making isk or not making isk isnā€™t a factor to this discussion, particularly when the not making isk is a free choice you could end at any time and isnā€™t forced on you by someone else.

So regardless, if the camper does not want people hunting him, maybe he should either leave space or take some kind of action to keep himself safe on an ongoing basis. Like Everyone Else.

But I get you are a special snowflake, and need your hand held. Bless your heart.

Then remove tethers, POS forcefields, gate cloaks, jump and undock invulnerability, Rorqual NEXUS cores and everything else I forgot to mention here.
Also remove local, since itā€™s way too powerful an intel tool.

Tethers and POS are outside of the discussion, as they both donā€™t count as in space (intended safe spaces, duh) and are vulnerable to being destroyed, though Iā€™ll grant structure bashing isnā€™t quick and easy. Not all PvP has to be, itā€™s a sandbox after all that provides a wide array of choices.

Gate Cloaks you can have, though Iā€™d just as soon see them enhanced so they keep you out of local until you break them, to address the one actual point Teckos has ever made.

Undock Invulnerablity is just part of being docked. Itā€™s extremely limited in duration but otherwise comes with all the drawbacks of being cloaked without the benefit of keeping it while warping or under the playerā€™s control.

Make cloaks act like PANIC and Iā€™ll shut up forever. Limited Duration one use item? Hardly the kind of problem a practically free module that can be used forever is. Honestly Iā€™d join your side of the debate at that point, as stealth should be a thing, just either not an invulnerable thing and/or a never ending thing.

So, those are working as intended but cloaks arenā€™t? Hahaha. Hypocrite.

Itā€™s not a sandbox, itā€™s a PvP centric sandbox.

Local in itself needs to go if you ever want anything to change about AFK cloaking. It was never designed to be the intel tool itā€™s being used for and CCP said time and again they will never change cloaking without also changing local. Because unlike you and yours, they understand the balance and they know exactly what making nullsec perfectly safe would lead to.

Cloaks remove a highslot and they come with heavy drawbacks for ships that arenā€™t designed to use cloaks. The ships that are designed to use cloaks come with heavy drawbacks built-in into the hull. So no, undock vulnerability doesnā€™t come with the same drawbacks. It also doesnā€™t go away when someone comes to within 2km of you and it is entirely within the control of the player. He can just dock up again, or decide to take another action, ending it at his choosing.

Except a cloak isnā€™t free (read above) and if you had the faintest clue about cloaky gameplay, youā€™d understand how ridiculously stupid that idea is.

1 Like

Maybe but I doubt it. I have seen Lena in other threads and have often agreed with Lena. Hell I have agreed with Mike in other threads too.

Well, one leaves the other shows up, posts the same ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  about AFK people should get logged off, same writing styleā€¦ Could just be a coincidence, but rule #39 says that thereā€™s no such thing as a coincidence. Could also be Anyil Took, or whatever that name was. Heā€™s an alt of someone butthurt that was in here before, that much is certain.

1 Like

What? Being in a POS or tethered give similar benefits as being cloaked. You can observe the grid, use d-scan and with little fear of ship loss. With tethering you can even facilitate logistics work while AFK.

Since you ran down this road Mike it is totally fair game.

Further we donā€™t know exactly what CCPā€™s devs intended with cloaks. Was being pretty much 100% safe when cloaked at a secret safe intended? Quite possibly.

So all this talk of unintended is just speculative.

But we do know this. AFK cloaking has been a topic on the forums for a decade. CCP surely knows that one can be nearly 100% safe at a secret safe while cloaked. Yet they have left it alone and made periodic comments that it is largely fine or the are fine with it. That is not to imply things could be improved though.

Iā€™d honestly be fine with removing tethering too, I thought it was silly. But itā€™s a station thing and not part of this discussion.

I donā€™t see why. Tethering lets people facilitate nearly 100% logistics while totally AFK. It totally violates your mantra. You should not just be fine removing you should hate it.

Except you can bump them off from tethering range easily, while a cloaky camper is 100% risk free elite pvper :rofl::yum:

1 Like

Yes, you can also get shot and killed by the citadel while bumping someone thatā€™s keeping a bookmark at range and will always return to the spot he was onā€¦

This is called risk but i know you havent heard of it.

1 Like