Besides the basics, I still dont see how this new system is going to help in the long run. If new players that have never played this game all go in this new kiddie pool and have a glorious time…..will still leave eventually. Then, ahem, well you know whats going to happen next.
Then, the harsh reality will start the cycle once again after they enter a slightly more lawless area and get their cheeks clapped…..then wonder what just happened.
Unless there is a really comprehensively made tutorial inside this new zone to warn players about this, players will still get shock induced when they meet their maker.
I can see all the new forum threads now. They might want to just add a new “newbro space” section to the forum because i think the threads will run deep.
Of course, im just partly speculating again. Maybe they have all the bases covered for this. Its either that, or get ready for a big whirlwind of tears.
If CCP properly implements this new region it doesn’t impact the economy of the rest of the game, but does offer something many players have wanted:
A perfect safety region!
Not only is this helpful for new players, it also removes the need for the currently ambiguous status of ‘newbie systems’ in which PvP is allowed but not against new characters, and it also helps clarify the stance of CCP on the safety of high security space: not perfect security.
People no longer could be complaining about HS not being safe → tell them to play in the newbie zone if they want that!
As long as this safe newbie region does not have any meaningful economic impact on the rest of the game I see mostly advantages.
Okay, maybe theres something i missed. If the info was mentioned, then please show me.
But, are new characters made spawning in these new systems? Or is this new zone just a place to travel to afterwards. I didnt think about that when posting.
If theyre traveling there, then perhaps it will settle in just fine.
If theyre spawning there, then youre going to see what i posted above for sure.
If I read the post correctly all of the new player experience will take part there, so I assume from the very start.
Yes, this means eventually new players are in for a PvP surprise when they leave the region, but I think this is no different than if new players leave the newbie systems today.
They’ll face a harsh reality sooner or later but I think they can stay there as long as they like.
There could also be a giant pop up, when leaving. [You are not guaranteed safety when leaving exordium. You can and will be shot by actual players anywhere, beware]
Yeah, I’m just going to stick with my belief that the main reason CCP is implementing this completely safe New Player Starter Region is due to high sec new player griefing / ganking…
It absolutely is not, all the data they have shows that very few newbies get ganked and that it’s not a significant factor in making the new region. @CCP_Fozzie can confirm that for you, as he did repeatedly on the discord last night. Older data actually showed that players who get ganked are more likely to keep playing. Anecdotally I can confirm this, I was on the path to quitting EVE before I got ransomed in my mining osprey in Amamake and got invited to join the campers for a bit instead.
So let’s put to bed all this nonsense that ”ganking is bad”, because CCP themselves say it isn’t. What higher authority than this could you want?
You’re just a new forum alt and quite frankly, I don’t give a damn what you say or what lies CCP keeps peddling to cover their asses and save face…
Also if there wasn’t an issue with new players getting ganked, CCP wouldn’t be investing time and resources into making a No PVP new player starter region…
There always were rules against killing new players in new player systems.
This new region doesn’t change that, it only makes it easier for new players to find their friends who also just started because they all start in the samw region now instead of different corners of high security space.
It just streamlines the new player experience.
The ganking issue wasn’t that new players were being ganked, but that they had no idea about whether they could be ganked or not (spoiler: it was not allowed). It was a perceived threat rather than a real one.
I recall I was on the lookout for gankers the first week I played. Little did I know I was still in newbie systems where ganks weren’t allowed. It wasn’t until later that I looked back and realized.
The new region and 1.0 security change makes this much clearer and also gives new players another clear piece of information, which is that once they leave rookie space and enter high security space of 0.9 and below they’ve entered the real and dangerous part of EVE.
You’re just echoing the same PR BS that CCP is using to save face and not contradict what they’ve previously said…
Having a ‘No PvP’ Region of 53 systems is not streamlining the New Player Experience, it’s giving them a large protected area of space that they can freely travel in and explore without being subjected to gank grief play…
The current ‘No Grief Play Allowed’ rule only pertains to a small amount of Newbie starter / career systems and the Level 1 Epic Arc.. The main issue with that rule is it didn’t cover other systems that Career Agents send new players into… Also New Players just starting out in Exploration were easy legal targets while searching through multiple systems just to find some low level Hacking sites.. Same goes for New Players doing mining…
So yeah, you can keep spouting CCP’s PR line but I’m not buying any of it… If there wasn’t an issue of New Players getting ganked, there wouldn’t be any need to implement a protected Region of 53 systems for them to play in…
As for the upcoming system security status change, that’s BS as well… CCP could have easily made all the systems within the New Player Region have +2.0 security status and left everything else in Eve the same as it currently is…
The only thing that new system security status change does is give gankers more areas to operate in with more targets due to no longer having easy Newbie fish to fry..
Going from 35 scattered systems to a single region of 53 to get a single varied and large enough starting region is only 50% more than the many safe systems they already had.
You’re the one claiming CCP is not telling the truth, but I don’t see any reason to believe such conspiracies.
They could have!
But what is the meaning of the difference between 1.1 safety and 1.9 safety? Where does the rating stop and why at 2.0?
Why is 1.0 not just ‘perfect safety’?
People have suggested 1.0 to be perfect safety in the past and I think it’s also the clearest and most consistent way to introduce newbies to security statuses of systems.
1.0 is no PvP at all,
0.9 to 0.5 is some PvP of wars, duels and criminals,
0.1 to 0.4 is very few rules,
0.0 and below is completely lawless
1.0 is a very clear way to indicate perfect PvP safety in my opinion.
At the same time the new system also added more areas for players who wish to completely avoid PvP, so I think everyone can be happy with the extra space they get.
Totally right, and CCP always frowned from it, I have absolute no other reason to believe “now” it was accepted other than China lobby. Nobody can resist that lobby… I don’t blame CCP.
While I agree with your observation, it will not be used to the intended intention. I know it, you know it, the street dog knows it… One must be very naive to believe it’s going to be fun and games.
We all know bots don’t accept our convos… We can’t be friens with them. kewk.
Oh I definitely think rampant botting, AFK Orca mining and purple-fit AT ship ratting at the cost of the new player experience will be attempted in this newbie zone, as such activities greatly benefit from a total lack of a PvP threat.
I can only hope that CCP is very careful not to add any economic value to the region at all.
Even a minimal payout from asteroid ore could be exploited by placing more semi-AFK Orcas in the belt for longer periods of time. And even low NPC bounties can become worthwhile when they can safely be rushed flying a polarized officer-fit ships.
Hopefully CCP ensures the payout in this safe zone is definitely not worth doing by anyone except new players to learn the mechanics.
However, when CCP says they are streamlining the newbie experience, and at the same time are making changes that streamline the newbie experience bringing them together in one region with clearer boundaries and indications of danger, I think that the simplest explanation is that CCP believes what they are doing.
Not that CCP are maliciously ‘lying to save face about what they said about ganking’. That to me does not sound like the simplest solution at all.
Honestly, it sounds like a conspiracy theory of someone who would wish to be able to say “I told you so!” about how they always though PvP in HS has always been bad for the game.
actualyl it did, as a rule of thumb anyone under 30 days was not targeted specifically for ganking around the career agents and SOE epic arc…cause us gankers could get banned…the risk was just great enough…you should get your facts together.