Make Concord Nerf Damage % In Highsec

Nah, you just buy concord tags and you go back to ganking, did you start playing this game yeasterday or are thos answers scripted?

2 Likes

Look at that, everyone! All ya need is gankin’ ONE SINGLE HAULER and ya got tons o’ money! Takes five minutes of playin’! Yo genius, if that was true then ■■■■■■■ everyone would be doin’ it, includin’ yaself!

1 Like

I’d love to see you
A) afford that constantly
B) get to lowsec to activate the tags and come back quickly enough to make it worth it

1 Like

from -2 it cost only 170 mil, to Jan from jita is just few jump. No idea what you are talking about man. it’s very cheap and fast

Yeah Jita is the most dumb-gerous system because it has the biggest retard concentration in New Eden. Just don’t be one of those retards.

Please read the 10,000 threads that have already been posted about this and learn about the existing counters to ganking. There is a search function on the forums and also the almighty Google. Thanks.

Nerfing dps won’t do anything. It wil just make me bring two Tornadoes instead of one, no big deal.

o/

1 Like

counter against a gank fleet? Have a repp fleet… if you have no friends to protect you , dont fly expensive stuff… stop complaining and grow up

3 Likes

Yes that’s quite exactly true. I know you’re attempting sarcasm, but the problem here is that you’re so woefully ignorant about the subject matter that you don’t realize how funny you sound when you write stuff like that.

Well if it weren’t true, people wouldn’t do it. Threads such as this one exist because, surprise, people do it because it’s obscenely profitable. The reason “everyone” does not do it is multi-fold, but it includes time and resources invested, and fun factor.

See, of the many things you do not seem to understand, is that many people play this game to have fun. And sitting in a Tornado, concentrating intently on the screen for hours on end, scanning all traditional small and medium-sized shipping vessels, hoping to find a jackpot shot? It’s terribly boring. It’s mind-numbingly boring. It’s soul-suckingly boring. But it pays off in spades with only a single hit.

On the investment side that I mentioned - to make full use of it, you have to not only have your Tornado pilot, but also a DST pilot to very quickly scoop the loot the moment you nail someone. That takes practice, planning, and skilled multiboxing. Sure, anyone here reading these forums, including you, could eventually do it. But are you willing to sink that sort of time and energy into maintaining two accounts and practicing that until you have it down to a science?

Which brings me to the final point “tons o` money”. You know, if you do anything in this game, you get tons of money. The list of things which I do for money in this game is quite small, while the list of things you can do to make money in this game is vast. SP farms, incursions, industry, PI, ratting & escalations, exploration, freighter ganking, undock camping…all of these things and more are things that can and DO bring in a lot of money, more money than I make. Yet I do none of them because they’re not fun for me and I don’t take this game so insanely seriously that I absolutely must make every possible isk at every possible moment.

So why doesn’t everyone Jita camp? Because they don’t want to, simple as that. Doesn’t mean it’s not profitable, and very profitable if you become rather expert at it.

They want to fly solo versus fleets and not be killed.

Kind of self centered really.

1 Like

You could up the sec status hit but i doubt that’s going to make a difference. Career gankers don’t attempt to raise their sec status and a far bigger deterrent for non-career gankers to suicide ganking is kill rights.

I honestly think the latter is the reason ganking dropped so hard after crime watch. It certainly stopped me.

Except if you observe the Gankers. Their solution to suffering killrights is to make sure you kill one of your own Alts first, and then set a ridiculous price tag on your head. Then any price your victims set is ignored b/c the ridiculous price was there first.

An easy fix would be sorting killright prices, lowest first. That way you can get popped for free or 1 isk before anyone sees that you can also get popped for 100 bil.

What? AFAIK, your “fix” is how it currently works. What you said in your first paragraph makes no sense to me…

I’m pretty sure that if you pop someone on Monday, and they set their Killright against you at 100 Billion.

And then you pop someone else on Tuesday, and they set their Killright at 1 isk.

Nobody sees the 1 isk opportunity, they only see the 100 Bil price tag.

You’re wrong.

Then how are there Gankers sitting outside station killing people left and right, and all they show is a ridiculous price on their heads?

Mainly because most victims are clueless and make their KRs available to everyone… for free or very cheap… thinking that way it’s more likely someone will pop them…

But when they do that they’re also making the KRs available to the gankers themselves, so the gankers use an alt or a friend to kill themselves in a rookie ship to clear the KR. You may know this is happening when you see they’re suspect in local but don’t see them flying anything worth killing.

Career gankers don’t worry about kill rights. No matter the price.

Ganking used to be something a lot of people dabbled in on the weekend on their MAINS. Or how you punished wartargets that didn’t undock during the war. That was when the only chance of retribution came from those you had shot, so you just put them on watch list and red standings.

Public kill rights have made ganking something you do on alts or non-high sec chars, i.e don’t care about sec status.

and once again, ALTS are why we can’t have nice things.

What I don’t get is the victims mentality:
Let’s fly solo and loose fat loot, then we will get retribution later.

If you ACTUALLY HAVE the ability to get revenge why not just protect your ships in the first place?

Also you can’t get revenge on alts because they don’t care about pixel death so killing them is pointless.

1 Like

The only counter to a perfectly organized gank is: to not undock.

Stop perpetuating these silly myths that there are counters to ganking other than to not fly a ship in space. Every ship can be ganked, no matter where it is in Highsec, how much Cargo it holds or how much backup the pilot brings. The idea of a counter just isn’t true. :slight_smile: You can, at best, reduce the risk.

Disclaimer: I don’t think ganking needs to go, just sick of bad arguments. :smiley:

1 Like

Not really. Even if we accept your high bar of perfect safety, there are ways to be essentially perfectly safe. A blockade runner with a scout and insta-bookmarks is unlockable in highsec and can avoid any reasonable trap. This is one among a few ways to be absolutely safe.

But this is a unreasonably high bar. Making yourself and unprofitable target is easy, usually just a matter of avoiding bling and expensive cargo and fitting some tank. Do that, and you have to be very, very unlucky (or make someone very, very angry) to find you ship explode in highsec.

And a counter doesn’t have to be perfect to be a counter. Something that reduces your risk significantly is still a counter, even if there still is some risk to you. In fact, that’s what makes it a game - balancing probabilities and implementing strategies against your opponent.