Make Concord Nerf Damage % In Highsec

No, the counter to a perfectly organized gank is to fly a ship that has an expected loot drop with a value less than the cost of the ships required to gank it. Sure, that won’t save you from someone who has a personal grudge against you and wants to kill you out of sheer spite, no matter how much it costs, but it will save you from the majority of people who are ganking for profit. Same thing with scouting. A perfectly organized gank with you as the specific target might still get you, but when you’re talking about the majority of threats that just sit on the gate/station waiting for the first available (profitable) target a scout will spot them and prevent your real ship from jumping in until it is clear.

1 Like

even a blockade runner can be decloaked, tackled and killed under Concords eyes.

There are 2 ways to be absolutely safe. None of them is hauling stuff. Yes, you can sit cloaked on a save spot but then again you can’t do anything either and you would still be suspectible to a gank on undock.

Not against ganking. Against profitable ganking, yes. Just not against a gank that is perfectly executed. No ammount of value in your cargo and no ammount of tank will make it impossible to kill your ship. The only thing that does this is to never ever undock because even with a cloak, you are still attackable undock.

How does it stop someone that wants to kill you for the lulz?

Answer? It doesn’t. While this is a counter to a profitable gank, it is absolutely not a counter to ganking as a whole.

With non-fail play, there is next to no risk of this happening. You can cloak before anyone can lock you, so only the unluckest gate spawn of all gate spawns on a camped gate would result in this, and your scout could easily let you avoid this.

This is working as intended. There is suppose to be no place in this game where you are immune to player attack. This is a design feature of the game.

You don’t have to like this feature, but it is a little rich to act like this is a problem that needs to be fixed or that something is wrong. If you don’t like a game that is a single, shared PvP zone, you should question why you are playing rather than why the game is not something it is not intended to be.

1 Like

I’m not sure what your point here is. If someone is determined to kill you no matter what the cost is then no mechanic change, short of completely banning aggression in highsec, will protect you. All you can do is increase the cost to kill you. Fortunately “kill them at all costs” is a minority of suicide ganks, most of the time it’s people doing it for profit and only attacking the best targets. The rabid zealot with a vendetta is so rare that it’s not worth talking about.

2 Likes

Except hulkageddon :rofl:

High-sec ganking becomes more of a problem recently. I am currently watching the corp Troublemakers Co that is sitting in Poinen all day and gank high-value ships. The important part here is that they don’t feed of badly tanked T1 industrials, no they destroy like 5b Ravens fitted perfectly for L4 missions.

The linked Raven kill is actually a good example for the problem: with all modules activated the ship has 157k eHP with a 530 ehps tank, which is pretty decent for a mission ship and close to impossible to simply gank. However without modules active the ship has only 65k eHP. This allows a surprise Tornado fleet to one-shot the ship before the pilot can even react. The only counter is to constantly re-activate your modules every time you decloak at a gate or fly away from a station.

The other problem is the risk/reward for high-sec ganking. Within about two weeks this corp made over 40 billion ISK, while the risk for the attacker is very well calculated at 70m per ship. So in this case the attacker has a very low risk of loosing any money while the low risk in high-sec should be on the defender side. If more people would go into the same ganking direction, we’d soon have a situation where flying any ship fitted with 1b or more is suicide, because that type of ganking is a perfectly safe high income.

A valid solution that does not completely destroy ganking would be to reduce the moment of surprise for the attacker. This could be done by giving all ships falling out of gate/station invulnerability something like a 50% sig radius buff for like 10 seconds. That way you can still gank the ship, but you need to keep it from warping for 10 seconds to apply the damage, which gives the defender the time to activate the modules. After that it fully depends on what both sides bring to the table.

Problem 1: Took blingy ship to Jita

Problem 2: Unprepared

1 Like

Salt Foambreaker if you make it so obvious that you havn’t read my post, your answer looks rather stupid.

Nope, not a problem. The problem is people continuing to be stupid and flying gank-vulnerable ships into dangerous places.

Then don’t put 5b worth of loot on a ship. That’s the easy counter. Accept that you aren’t entitled to 100% theoretical maximum ISK/hour from PvE farming and have to consider PvP survivability in your plans. Keep your total value down, fit passive modules instead of active tank, etc. You could even carry a mobile depot and spare modules to fit a fully passive tank for situations like the Jita undock point and then refit into a PvE active tank once you reach the mission.

Most of your post was drivel. People make mistakes and then think the downstream consequences are important.

It is not stupid to fly mission ships fit for missions into the mission area, just that this time a gank fleet was in some random high-sec system.

Again: this is not about people being ganked at Jita, this is about people flying somewhere around in high-sec, far away from any trouble, yet suddenly they explode, because they were not prepared for PvP in a random high-sec system. Which is perfectly fine to assume, because random PvP should by definition not be a thing in high-sec.

Um no, wrong.

High sec is not a no PvP area.

Also, see the PvP section of “What can I do in EvE”:

What I meant was: you are not flying through high-sec expecting PvP around every corner, because that’s what low and null sec are fore. PvP in high-sec exists, but it is a rare thing and it has to be a rare thing, otherwise you can skip the entire concept of high-sec and drop everyone right into 0-space.

That said: the main issue is that this kind of ganking is way too easy and comes with way too few risks for the attacker. If you PvP in high-sec there should be a low chance of success, probably with a high price-tag. What the corp I mentioned does is 99% success with a low price-tag and a high income. In fact even the best missioneer couldn’t come remotely close to their win/loss ratio nor income. This is ok for low and null sec, but it should not be that easy in high-sec.

I feel dirty even thinking of agreeing with Merin, Scipio, or Salt, but in this case, they are right.

High Sec has rules against unlimited PvP. When you outfit your ship, you are taking on risk based on the value of what you fit. The more risk you choose to take on, the more vigilant you need to be in case someone decides to take you up on your offer of expensive loot.

That’s all on you man. You don’t even need a T2 fit battleship to clear level 4 missions. If you are risking 5 billion Ravens to collect a few million ISK an hour in missions… Maybe you need to rethink how much you are willing to risk for that reward.

But Ok, you did decide the risk of a 5 billion raven was worth the income you are getting from missions. Fair enough. It’s on you to protect that. Choose better hunting grounds, bring friends, stay aware of what’s in space with you…

It wasn’t me in that Raven. When they tried to shoot my PvP fitted Legion they failed, because I am paranoid when it comes to expensive ships and refuse to even fit modules worth too much ISK. And I am also always prepared for PvP everywhere, because I am paranoid.

I can however also think ahead: if that corp is making a fortune so easily others will follow. At some point we would have Tornado gank fleets at every major mission hub. They would snipe everyone who is not PvP but mission fitted and then we have a low-sec situation in high-sec, except that you cannot do preliminary strikes, because then Concord will kill you instead.

What rules?

You have misinterpreted the meaning of “High Sec”.

Rules like getting dunked by Concord if you shoot first on someone who isn’t a criminal.

Limited in the sense that it’s not free fire like everywhere else. There are limitations and mechanical structure to the engagements.

Man, that’s always been the case. This game has been here 15 years, and the only real change to that situation was the introduction of ABC’s to make it cheaper and easier to do.

Ever lost a ship to a cloak sneaking into smartbomb range? I have. I can laugh many years later, but it wasn’t funny then. Don’t tell me a cloaked ship can’t get you killed. But I digress.

If you are flying around high sec and think it should be safe from PvP, you have the wrong idea and this isn’t going to be very fun for you.

You mean like the gate guns in low sec, do you even play this game?

CONCOD is a deterrent, not even a very big one.