Make Concord Nerf Damage % In Highsec

Profit and lootdrops are important part of equation - it is one thing when CODE comes in to blow you up - they may ignore profits and do it for the principle. But anyone else (including many CODE. agents) would rather profit from a gank. And no, it is not that easy to get a gank fleet going - it only looks like it.
You don’t want to be ganked? Fly fully tanked procurers. Barely anyone is going to bother ganking over 90K ehp monster. Or fit cheaply so that losses are mostly covered by insurance. Your choice, just rememebr that flying loot pinatas is inviting a gank - if you have 0.5B worth of cargo in cargo optimized t1 hauler then pretty much everyone may try to get his hands on it.

Gank alts don’t need months of training. They literally only need enough skill to sit in the ship, fit the guns, and pull the trigger once. They hit what they hit, and then Concord blows them up.

Oh no! CCP fix your game! Did you know players can sit in a ship and on day one shoot other players in your game about shooting spaceships? Something is broken!

4 Likes

That is true for thrashers and catalysts, to use tornado you will need some training - after all you have up to 2 shots (unlikely, but only in pulled 0.5) so you better blow up your target in those two shots. Not to mention that fitting guns alone will require skills - energy grid upgrades l5, cpu management l5, pgu l5, gunnery l5, weapon upgrades l5 and advanced weapon upgrades l4 alone would take just more than a month. In addition large proj weapons l4 and all the other skills with +x% turret dmg would be really helpful (if not essential).

And they can do this in tornado from the get go w/o any training required :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you wanna follow along with the conversation, instead of just being a douche nozzle…

Gank player makes themselves an Alt. They train up just long enough to become a problem for others. Then they kill (in)discriminately for ages and ages b/c the current Sec Status loss for killing and/or Podding is not harsh enough. And when they finally make themselves a constant Criminal target, they scrap the character and make another one. Again, spending just enough time training to make themselves useful as a bullet flinger.

So yes, I get that they can shoot things on Day 1. The problem (IMO) is that starting from Day 1, they can shoot people for months before they’re finally declared a full out -5 Criminal.

I do some shooting in hs… and can tell you that at most 50 ganks is required to get below -5.0 - assuming no podding is involved.

I guess I am not following. As soon as they start shooting people they start losing standing like everyone else. They also start accumulating killrights which can be used to make them go suspect after a single criminal act. They also lose their ship after every attempted crime.

I fail to see any problem here. There is a cost imposed on every criminal act, a killright is given so the victim has recourse to revenge, and security status is lost so that if such criminal behaviour continues for long, the criminal loses all CONCORD protection and is chased by NPCs wherever they go in highsec.

What more could you add that still allows players to shoot each other in highsec? These penalties are already so harsh that almost no “good” characters would consider committing a criminal act - even the single killright is too much for them to accept.

3 Likes

B-but… Pedro… you are missing the point!

The fact that ganking happens at all outside of special “designated” areas is indicative that the penalties are not harsh enough!!
Penalties are only “harsh” when it stops people from doing it for any reason other than revenge! And even that it not enough! Profit and revenge are not a good enough reasons to gank!

Instead you should declare war on your target, but only if that person declares war on your first! Which must be consensual.

ONE MORE NERF!!
ONE MORE NERF!!

stifles a giggle

1 Like

@ShahFluffers you don’t jerking yourself off with that rant?

@Black_Pedro Personally, I’d just increase the Sec hit for ganking and podding. And if you want to get really creative, base it on the System Sec where it happened. If you gank someone in a 1.0 system then maybe you lose a full 1.0 off your Sec Status. If you gank someone in a 0.5 system, then you only lose 0.5 off. Then the hub gankers will only be able to get away with 5 kills before they become “Criminals”, instead of the 50 kills that @darkestkhan_Eriker says are allowed.

If you’re making a habit of killing people in the “safest” space we’ve got… why does it take 50 murders before we call you a “Criminal”? =)

Because there is no such thing as murder in EVE. Suicide ganking is property damage, not murder, and the destruction of your ship (essentially paying a fine) is the primary punishment.

Problem: I was flying solo and got blown up in a 1v10 match
Solution: None needed, this is normal

2 Likes

“Murder” could apply only after pod destruction. In case of podding no more than 5 acts of podding are needed to go way below -5. Also you lose twice as much standing in 1.0 sec systems compared to 0.5 sec. Try it yourself - get into a gank cata/thrasher and blow up and pod one vent to see how much sec status you lose.

1 Like

Nope. Still doesn’t. Pod destruction is merely property damage, you immediately wake up in a new clone as if nothing happened (minus any implants, of course). At no point in the current game can you commit murder against another player.

You didn’t understand what I wrote? I did write “could” not “can”. Also is consciousness transferred between clones or is that a perfect copy of previous clone? In the first case it is property damage, in the second case it is murder.

So the 3 problems of high-sec ganking summarized:

1. It is far to easy to do. With most people fitting for missions in high, modules are not active after a jump, so you can easily one-shot most ships. You cannot expect people to fit for PvP in high-sec, so the solution has to cover mission fitted ships as well.

2. Ganking is way too lucrative for the almost non-existent risk. If you are capable of making over 40b in just 2 weeks with close to zero risk, then something is not properly balanced (this includes standing loss).

3. Ganking must not be common in high-sec. This is by definition of high-sec. Constant ganking in Jita is ok because people know about it, constant ganking in random systems is not. People must be discouraged from camping random systems.

Happened several times already to me to not be able to cloak on exiting the gate. In a BR. In Jita, on perimeter gate.
Last time was because a freighter was in AP and approaching gate at snail speed - I could not do anything to cloak.
Another time, it was because “concord drone” became too close the moment I hit warp.
Already happened to be random wreck/ player sitting here.
Funny thing is, I think it happened more in Jita than all other systems added.

Just saying, BR are not 100% safe. On the other hand, they can easily tank 2 nades with 5s align so they are still kindof safe .

I can’t agree, and as is oft quoted these last few days by Teckos and Friends I don’t like PvP. I have missioned in high sec for 10 years or more. I’ve been ganked a few times, but universally when I knew it was going to happen due to various factors in my own control. When you jump a gate you are cloaked, And I’ve never had a problem turning on tank modules upon breaking the gate cloak.

You fit however you want to in High Sec. If you are in an armor ship it’s extremely easy to get an omni tank that will handle missions. Takes a bit more effort for shields, but you have the stupidly overpowered ASB option if you so choose.

I can almost agree with this. Ganking does not really involve risk, more properly you would call it cost as the ships that gank you are also destroyed by concord. The only Risk they take is being somehow unable to scoop the loot, which might be because you brought enough backup to prevent yourself from exploding or because they missed their first shot, or because they don’t have a ship handy that can scoop your remains.

This… No.

You are simply off on this one. High Sec isn’t about not having PvP. It’s about limiting PvP. The barrier to entry is raised, but the potential to be involved in it is everywhere, equally. Don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose. That’s the first lesson every player should learn right from the beginning.

Here’s where you’re wrong. Every part of EVE is a PvP game, and you should always expect PvP. Stop assuming that you’re entitled to use that perfect PvE farming setup you built in the fitting simulator just because it gives you more ISK/hour than playing defensively.

Ganking is way too lucrative for the almost non-existent risk. If you are capable of making over 40b in just 2 weeks with close to zero risk, then something is not properly balanced (this includes standing loss).

Wrong again. Ganking is only lucrative because people are stupid and allow themselves to be profitable kills. Against competent players it’s virtually impossible to make a profit with suicide ganking because the cost to destroy the ship is larger than the expected loot drop. If people are making 20b a week then the solution is for the ****ing idiots they’re killing to stop being terrible at EVE and handing them 20b a week.

Ganking must not be common in high-sec.

Again, this is something that gank targets have direct control over. If PvE players are smart then ganking is rare. If PvE players are stupid then ganking becomes common to exploit their stupidity. Stop demanding changes to the game mechanics to protect stupid players from their own poor decisions.

2 Likes

Oooh, how sweet. How about spawning at billboard in Rancer? Happened to me once.

1 Like