Making Low-Sec Gate-Camping A Concord-able Offence

Remember folks, you’re arguing with a troll that is demanding why you think chocolate ice-cream is better than vanilla.

2 Likes

I haven’t claimed that you need a separate scout ship by every gate. (I won’t speak for others.) Having an alt or another player scout for you is certainly handy, and a rational choice given that a solo player shouldn’t necessarily expect to win in the face of greater numbers. Scouting yourself in a corvette works, but is clunky. Flying a ship that is hard for gatecamps to catch is even better.

But none of this changes the underlying point that gatecampes are 100% avoidable or bypass-able if you make the proper choices in advance. Altering game mechanics on the basis of poor decision-making seems like a bad idea to me.

Gatecamping isn’t an “I Win” button. It’s just a net for catching players who have made poor decisions.

Stop making poor decisions, and gate camps cease to be a threat.

First off, your statements being disingenuous to me are an opinion, requiring no proof.

Also, when you declared that “real” PvP was:

thrilling, exhilarating, skillful, tactical play for both sides

You implied that any form of PvP that didn’t meet your definition of “real” wasn’t those things. I admittedly paraphrased with my choice of the word “entertaining”, but I stand by my point.

2 Likes

Oh, and probably my favorite moonwalk maneuver:

-If you saw someone else likely to jump the gate, or who jumped with you, just remain in gatecloak and use them as a human sacrifice. You can usually scoot on out in even a pretty slow ship while they sperg all over the poor chump who panicked and moved first.

This is even better if you’re on comms with the other guy.

3 Likes

This literally made me laugh at you, considering I linked a way to crash a camp, how to spot gate camps so you can go around.

Git good.

1 Like

I linked a way to crash a camp

With scout ships or a cloak :rofl:

how to spot gate camps so you can go around.

How to spot pods you mean.

Why have you switched alt again?

… with a cloak, which is far from foolproof OR
… beg someone or park & switch into a scout ship that you’ve got stored near every gate (which is itself vulnerable for the same reason).

your statements being disingenuous to me are an opinion, requiring no proof.

aka unjustifiable BS.

“thrilling, exhilarating, skillful, tactical play for both sides”
You implied that any form of PvP that didn’t meet your definition of “real” wasn’t those things

It is indisputable fact that gatecamping doesn’t need skillful or tactical play. It isn’t exhilarating except possibly for PvP virgins. It definitely isn’t “thrilling, exhilarating, skillful, tactical play for both sides”.

But this is just dealing with your attempt to distract from the fact your hypocrisy lost you the argument with this:

Sir, do you think before you post?

3 Likes

ROFLMAO. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’m curious now, though. What made you believe you might be able to make him understand anything? Is it because he told you at the beginning that “you were the only one to even vaguely try a counterargument”? Man, he tricked you, that was merely a way to make him, not you, appear he was analysing this in a rational way, while at the same time dodging everything that was being told to him.

It was pretty clear from the very beginning he’s completely unable of any rational analysis and is going to simply believe whatever he wants, dodge whatever doesn’t fit his narrative, make up his own definitions of widely used terms, and invent stories about who others are, what they do, or what they say. He’s not even capable of understanding someone could disagree with him without being a gatecamper looking for easy kills, several of us alts of the same player even, ROFL… How may you remotely expect to be able to make someone like that understand anything?

I totally understand wanting to continue with this to make fun of him (not your case, I know, but I do certainly find it a lot of fun, LOL), or for the benefit of others reading this who might be emotionally inclined to agree with him, but are at least able to analyse this stuff from a rational point of view… But pretending you may be able to make him understand anything is… :rofl:

Man, nobody did. This is just one of the many things he has invented about what others said to make scouting and other suggestions look stupid. He does this kind of things because he wants to believe scouting (or any other way to avoid dying to the gatecamp) isn’t a reasonable suggestion. Actually, he needs to believe those aren’t reasonable suggestions to fit his narrative…

You cannot make someone like that understand anything, he’s simply unable/unwilling to. You may want to clarify things for the benefit of others reading the thread that might actually be willing to learn to properly play the game and how to avoid dying to those gatecamps, but not for him

1 Like

First of all, nothing is really supposed to be foolproof. You’re not supposed to have a 100% chance to safely traverse lowsec. If you will not settle for anything less than perfect safety, then stay docked up where you belong.

That said, in 14 years I think I’ve died on a gate with a cloak exactly… once. It was entirely my fault, as I warped gate-to-gate and landed in a drag bubble with debris. Had I bounced first, or used a tactical, I would have been fine. So, in a very literal sense of the word, it is not foolproof in that you can still get caught, should you do something foolish. Outside of that, cloaks are pretty damn safe, especially in lowsec.

And?

A nice, relaxing gatecamp with some beer and lulz on comms while farming the kind of people dumb enough to get caught in gatecamps can be both an enjoyable and profitable way to kill some time.

This isn’t Honorable Internet Spaceship Duels Online. Nobody is obliged to limit their play to only what you would prefer.

5 Likes

Sir, my alts are all easily Identifiable for corporate sanity, I want you to take a guess how they are Identified.

2 Likes

An irrational spark of optimism, mixed in with a splash or two of whiskey.

:wink: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

Your passive/aggressive interaction do not help you in your argues

wut?
Looking at your zkb… nowhere seems safe for you :face_with_monocle:

ok it’s enough, Fck This Sht I’m Out

1 Like

Who? him? Everyone | Character | zKillboard ok ur in 3. I dont get that.

1 Like

Have you forgotten about covert ops ships? I have made it through many a gatecamp with just a covops cloak and some well - coordinated moving.

1 Like

So train for one and use it. Bustards can very easily tank a entire gatecamp, and be mostly stable.

1 Like

Gate camping can actually lead to some really interesting and mobile fights. I was watching a large tama gatecamp fight be attacked by a big swarm of assault frigs, and those were attacked by a group of tornados. The fight dispersed all over the system, and eventually a few of the groups left and the others took over camping the gate.

Secondly, getting caught in a gatecamp isn’t really just luck based. By just using the ingame EVE map, you can see if there is a disproportionately large amount of people in a system, and plan accordingly. Countering gatecamps is incredibly easy, you just need to either look at kills, covops cloak, fast align tricks and probably a lot more that I haven’t listed.

Bring a bigger fleet, that has a HIC or just an interdictor. Now no one can run away.

1 Like

You are supposed to shoot back and help, that is HOW EXACTLY

“lol.”

3 Likes

As a tenured carebear, who lives in high and does occasional trips to low, no. Sure, it’d benefit me tremendously, but no. This game has never been about being safe in space.

1. If you can’t afford to fly it, you shouldn’t fly it.
  2. If it’s important enough to worry about gate camps, scout.

There DOES exist tools to avoid gate camps. First, the map. A lot of people in a system? Then scout. How? Don’t jump your freighter in, jump in a disposable frigate. Is it safe? Go back for your freighter. Those tools have been there since the beginning. If you want to skip those steps, then it’s on your own laziness.

Saying to stop the gate campers changes a core mechanic of the game that has been there forever.

If -anything- was the change, then certainly not bring in Concord. Over the years, tanks have gotten tankier, and gate guns have never really been rebalanced. I could see rebalancing gate guns to bring them up to par with original intent, with respect to developments over the years, but certainly not making them death rays.

3 Likes

Perhaps faction police start arriving to displace the gate camp and begin escalating based on the capability of the fleet

Perhaps if you want the camp cleared, you should get some friends and clear it yourself.

1 Like