March 2018 Release - Known Issues & Reporting

@CCP_Explorer Could you implement the old convo handshake ? So person who inviting doesn’t have to actually write a something then hit enter to activate the Invite process ?

new invite system :
player1 invite player2
a blank window opens on player1’s screen
nothing happen until player1 type anything in the window and hits enter. when he hits enter a invite request is opened on player2’s screen

old invite system :
player1 invite player2
a blank chat window open on player1’s screen and a invite request pop up on player2’s screen.

edit : examples

atm im showing one person in alliance and 63 in corp?

"On our tests, as you can see on the charts above, the Intelligent Routing Platform was able to improve on connections to over 7,000 ISP networks worldwide, "

You can’t just use UDP?

Seriously this is a fascinating read.

As of 22:59 my local says nobody is in system. In Jita.

Blank look from people living in WH space, as they wonder what all the fuss over local is about.

2 Likes

As for the firewall check, that could probably be done in the launcher? I totally understand that there’s nothing you can do about a person’s firewall. That was not my point. Let me rephrase the question. If a person cannot connect to the chat server, how will they be notified? If local stops updating, will I be notified immediately?

As for packet redirection, couldn’t be sent on a specific port so that a CCP router redirects all of that port it to the servers.

Really ?

22.03.2018 00:43 evetime:
My local was showing 3 people (corp membersm, including me). I undocked and saw 1 red outside.
I redocked and said to them. that a red one is outside the station. They told me that 3 not corp members are in system.

Jump into Jita. I guarantee that the lag you see is not indicative of the performance issues being wrangled.

they cant go back…
cause “we” are unpaid beta tester for them.
be happy that they dont gas us.

1 Like

Hello CCP,

well, the Chat Implementation is not complete. Alliance Chat Membercount do not Show the correct numbers. It Looks like, that it Count up in a not specified amount of time. So we got 5500 Members online in Alliance Chat, Increasing the more you got online. Also the Intel channel, same Problem here.

Local Chat seems to be ok, but i heard about Standing Problems.

Corp Chat is ok.

Anything we can do in this way ?

P.S: it Looks like, that you are counting members, that join the alliance Chat, but not decrease the numbers, when alliance members leave. So ist increasing over the time.

Apparently the new chat system was faulty on the test server, and CCP implimented it onto Tranquility anyway.

And now it is faulty on Tranquility, so this was predictable.

Why?

I understand that Chat is now fixed, just wanting confirmation that standings have been fixed too or is it still being looked at?

Thanks

chat windows proportions still resets after relog…

Standing according to testing not working on the server side. I am loading - half of the standings are displayed incorrectly. The second time I am loaded are shown correctly. And so on randomly in order. Settings the internal structure of the chats are saved, but after restarting the client are not saved. Clearly the problem of the program.Dear ССP, I was seeing things in the gaming industry, but after this patch had a strong desire to uninstall the client and forget the game like a bad dream. And for some reason it seems that You persistently want to “raise” the online up to 1000 people a day. The current figures Do not suit you very much…

After thinking about the membercout behavior, it looks like, that you are counting individuals. (For better explanation: After being logged in for nearly 20 hours, the numbers of our Alliance Member are not still getting higher. Its seemed that there is a limit reached. I think thats the logged in Accounts (by world) or better Accountnames.) But it looks like, that you have an error in counting down the amount of it. Possible by leaving system, not by logging off. Session lost checked ? Otherwise using jumpbridge etc… This will lead to a difference in the complete counting behavior. Hope this helps.

After every log in, I’m greeted by station interiors instead of external view, where I’ve left it.

CCP - LOCAL CHAT IS NOT FIXED!

On 3 of my characters in same system:

1. character - Shows 2 neutrals in our system
  2. character - Shows 1 neutral in our system
  3. character - Show no neutrals in system

For how much longer do you want us to play a BROKEN game???

Update1:
My 3. char is shown as neutral standing - all being in same corp.
Update2:
When in fleet and rightclicking in local on name to activate warp to fleet member - then connection to local chat is lost and reset - then I can warp to fleet member

2 Likes

unplayable game due to the chat and standing issue for 3rd day … well done CCP

edit : added standing

3 Likes

Actually?
By the way why in the old version was written in the log -
"Channel ID: (“solar system id 2", 30001528),) Channel Name: Local Listener: Malahay Targus
Session started: 2017.12.08 08:04:48”
now is written -
“Channel ID: local Channel Name: Local Listener: Malahay Targus
Session started: 2018.03.22 07:09: 15”
is that right???
When you fix the settings of your chat window? The chat setting is remembered, but is not applied after the client restarts…

Sorry but no they weren’t.
Chat is BROKEN…

Also joining channels - I have a bunch of channels in “player channels” that i have no idea who or what they are. And all but one of my channels is not there.
Trying to “forget” the channels I don’t know anything about or want doesn’t work, doesn’t matter how many times I hit "forget channel’ they just stay put.

Many of the missing player channels I have no way of finding again as the only contact I had with these groups was via chat. I’d like them back.

2 Likes