[March] Jump Fatigue Changes

I think you are confused. This change is better for casual gamers as now they can take a capital several jumps quickly without being punished with multiple days of jump fatigue for jumping more than once an hour.

2 Likes

if you have a cap you’re not a casual player…

1 Like

Let us look at this change from history…

Why was jump fatigue brought in? Power Projection - 2 Small or Medium alliances want to face off - they are willing to throw a number of caps at each other - say 20-30 each side. Let us assume they are a couple of jumps from a Large Power Block - which if we are honest is everyone. That large power block heard there was going to be a fight - positioned mid point cyno(s) and were ready to get there in an instant! If the fight didn’t go ahead ---- No big loss!

Then we brought in fatigue - and the ability to move the large power block at a moments notice was stopped - dead.

Then it was watered down, to where we are today (pre this thread). And it would take a couple of days to move your capitals a distance. But you knew there was a KeepStar coming out of final timer - You wanted to be there — JUST IN CASE IT GOT JUICY! But it never got juicy, it never escalated because the two protagonists knew there were large fleets ready to drop in! Sure they knew in advance cause it took 2 days to move them into position. So we didn’t get the fight!

So the answer put forward is to reduce Jump Fatigue even more so even more people can get in to position sooner (maybe leave their KeepStar cause it has 5 days till it comes out - easy up and down). There will be a large chance of being dropped - and we think that will increase the chances of B-R?

No - people are risk adverse, B-R was a fluke of bill payment. People will not risk their expensive toys if there is a risk of losing them - and all this suggestion does is INCREASE that risk of escalation - we will see less capital fights as the major power blocks are now just 1 evening away and the chances of you knowing it - is slim! So you won’t put your d**k out for it to be felt - you just won’t!

So we are left with a problem -
The arguments are
This will bring more capitals on the field. My argument is - it didn’t do previously, why would it now?

This will allow hidden BM SX - it might do, but more FCs are going to be more cautious as the chance of full escalation has now increased. So they will risk less - smaller escalations…

It takes 3 days to move - Well chum you made your choice! Sell your ship - move in a ceptor!

I beg CCP to remember the reasons for jump fatigue !

It brought local markets - who needs that if you are one evening moving from place to place .
It stopped large power blocks moving around in one day- and then sitting waiting for an escalation - THAT NEVER HAPPENED because there were large power blocks waiting for an escalation.
It made sure if you were cap ready you chose your alliance well.

How many times have you sat on a Titan to be blue balled - because you were sat on a Titan waiting?!

People are risk adverser and this increases the risk thus reducing the chances.

If you want more fights there is a simple and EASY solution - GET RID OF BLUE in game - (and reds). Have your friends be neutral - and watch the arguments start ! Kill the blue donut by killing blues! It is simple! If you want to be “together” - join the alliance! There is no restriction on numbers now… go for it! <or is there a reason you don’t want to be in their alliance, but you are happy with being blue to them? Are you Scared?>

2 Likes

That’s not true at all. Carriers are cheaper than PVE battleships.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t the correct changes be removing the Blue timer and setting the Orange timer to a static value that is large enough to prevent capital movements from one side of the universe to the other in a single 24hr time period?

Edit: Combat Capitals

The best part of this is it still is a preventative measure against projection but doesn’t penalize people for daily use.

2 Likes

Why are people fixated on this idea of moving to the other side of the map in a day? The issue with pre-Phoebe jumping was a capital/supercapital fleet could cross the map to get to a random fight.

Your idea would also penalise intra-regional cap use.

1 Like

They know it’s like 26 jump from one side to the other… even at a half hour a jump that’s a long freaking day

A very sensible and nice step in the right direction. Fatigue was an attempt to address certain problem, and as we see the problems not only still exist, but have increased (biggest capital blobfight over the keepstar last month, biggest stagnant blue donut ever in 0.0). The only conclusion is that fatigue is not the correct remedy for any of that. Time to try other approaches, ones that do not punish players for wanting to play the game and fly their spaceships.

1 Like

So to get it together:
We will have not carriers but heavy tanked BSes( thx for pointing out the mistake) :slight_smile: entosis like all over the place because they can have faxes repping em?
Superfleets will be able to get into any fight again?
Ok this will of course NOT help smaller groups but the blobbs only… !!! Cool!

1 Like

I completely agree.

The point is so that players cannot jump quickly from one side of the map to the other.

And like the person below me says ‘If you have a cap you’re not a casual player…’

I never thought I would agree with Killa Bee but yes.

1 Like

nobody told you titans are the new frigate? this change is MUCH needed

1 Like

As a wormholer i’m hugely in favour of these proposed changes. Moving dreads thru null to reach different c5-c6 holes will be significantly less painful and dangerous for small folks like us. 5-6 jump routes wont take literally all day to achieve, and with how little i get to play eve each day this wildly expands the amount of content i’m able to participate in.

I’m seeing a lot of people who think these changes will allow notorious groups to project anywhere again in the blink of an eye…
Go plot a jump route across eve, and after like the 4th or 5th jump start adding 30 minutes and see how long that takes.
These changes will make is far less punishing on small groups to utilize capital ships without the dread of boring move ops that take literal hours to achieve.
5/5 we get to spend more time actually playing eve and less time waiting on timers.

3 Likes

Don’t you love it? I love capitals. Sometimes I also fly the smaller stuff, but I’m here for the capitals. Great that you can do both.

2 Likes

Agreed with your post almost 100%, quoted the part I don’t agree with.

These changes make it far less punishing on any group to use Capitals. Big or small. And it’s still 100% a good thing. I say that as a member of a medium size group of caps and supers that can easily get dunked by some of the large blocs.

Honestly where I’m loving this the most is the ability to use caps as a suitcase to simplify deployments. It will be SO much easier to deploy somewhere without overwhelming logistics. More content for everyone.

3 Likes

But why? How does it actually matter if someone can cross the map in under a day?

1 Like

because they are afraid that big bad PL or Nancy dot will come and smash up their little fort or astrahause. which to be honest if you piss them off or offer some sort of slight they may actually do that. So its a legitimate concern but an insignificant one.

If they don’t have a batphone then NC/PL don’t need supers to do that.

1 Like