[March] Jump Fatigue Changes

More love for the big alliances at the expense of the smaller ones. It is already way way too easy to jump large ships around and almost insta-drop them into combat, these changes are in the exact wrong direction.

It seems -every- change, like Upwell 2.0, is exactly what the ‘big guys’ want at the expense of the rest.

1 Like

never said it made sense. Im with you on this one. I think the changes are good. I also not manage an alliance or even a corp and ive only been flying caps for like three weeks. if you can even consider ratting two or three times flying.

1 Like

We will have carrier entosis like all over the place because they can have faxes repping em?

Ahh classic doesn’t read the patch notes and starts complaining

Allow remote assistance to subcapital ships with Entosis Links running (including remote reps)

1 Like

I like the changes, but for new capital pilots( and those snowflake vets :slight_smile: ) it would help if the Activation timer shifted color from orange to green, when it hits the point where you doesn’t get additional fatique from jumping again.

1 Like

As much as I hate jump fatigue this goes too far in the other direction. There should be a balance between being able to make a long move/deployment in one night vs. allowing supercap projection during big TiDi fights. I think the first attempt at finding this balance should be somewhere around 1 jump/hour, not 30 minutes.

It already is 1 jump an hour…

1 Like

Do you not know the reason why jump fatigue was added in the first place?

Why 30 minutes?

I think everyone agrees Fatigue is Space AIDS that has a place next to MCAVs enyo fleet in hell. Joking aside…

Most of us think 30 minutes is a bit extreme of a reduction, by what I can read in these comments. Maybe provide the reasoning behind 30 minutes instead of an hour, which is the commonly used amount of time between jumps anyways. 30 minutes just feel useless as a mechanic when it takes that long for people without a cyno network to set the next cyno up.

I think we would all appreciate a change to the fatigue timer, but why not link it to a citadel module, or a deployable cyno? Investment in your space will allow you to re-deploy quickly to defend it, but also allows projection from your border. And I don’t think anyone could fault you for allowing a reduction to fatigue thru infrastructure investment, since it would feel a natural bonus.

I do. That was to stop people making quick tactical moves, ie under an hour. Not strategic moves of 12+ hours.

Supers can already cross the map in under a day, they just take gates.

1 Like

Yes because ruining a fight for others and owning half the galaxy is the best way of retaining players and maintaining a healthy game /s

1 Like

Worrying less about blue timer is good, but I think 5 hours is too short. Make it 12 hours so that it decays ‘over night’ and basically resets the clock every day (more or less). Maybe give all subcaps a bonus to jump fatigue reduction.

30 minutes of red timer is too short and at 50% reduced effective delay by no means a small iteration. Set it to 1 hour if you only want to reduce the long term punishment it won’t change anything to how capitals are moved. Set it to 45 minutes if you want to explore some iteration.

These are the real reasons given in the notes

Nullsec is stagnant and needs a change. This is the first of many steps in our plan.
Big fights are cool, but they’re crowding out more accessible and more frequent smaller ones.
These changes have positive implications for people not involved in sovereignty warfare, for example making use of capitals in lowsec less risky.
We expect the impact of these changes to be emergent, and as a consequence are unpredictable and will take a while to develop on TQ. This plays into our longer-term plans, as you’ll see in a second!

Great change. If it turns out to be bad you can always modify it a bit. Phoebe was necessary, but killed alot of fun. I think the small guys forgets about total jump ranges and how big the map really is. GJ CCP

1 Like

how big the map really is. GJ CCP

The map is meant to be big and also to FEEL big.

Jump fatigue encourages local conflict

2 Likes

Which is what I said. Even a medium fight isn’t going to last long enough for NC/PL to take more than three jumps. A small cap fight will be done and over before the super blob has made two jumps.

1 Like

Yeah there should also be gate fatigue so that subcaps can’t cross the map in under a day!

1 Like

The proposed changes go too far in my view. 30 mins/5 hours is too short as it allows the supercap blobs to get into position for timers from anywhere, which defeats the object of the jump fatigue mechanic, which was to try and localise Eve and make people live in and defend their space. What should happen is that if you have defendable structures, you need to keep assets in place locally to defend them. I agree the current fatigue level is too restrictive, but how about something closer to half of what it is now?

1 Like

No the point of jump fatigue was to stop groups like PL dropping on a single carrier six jumps away. Everybody already shows up in subcaps for big fights, and the main reason they don’t already move supers is because of logistical issues that this change doesn’t do anything about.

2 Likes

I liek u.

All I can say CCP is it is a Great Time to be a cap pilot.

Thank you!!!

#DREADSTHENEWBATTLESHIP

1 Like