[March] Jump Fatigue Changes

absolutely horrible idea, if the limit to your next jump is a maximum of 30 minutes without regard for the total fatigue, then we should just go back to the horribly broken mechanic of crossing new eden in a matter of minutes with the ONLY factor to delay you is capacitor recharge to the point that the ship can jump again.

That and some of the other coming changes are things that really need to be rethought before being implemented.

of course, just my $0.02 worth

o/
Santa

1 Like

I think these changes go to FAR. As they stands this change turns capital into simple pew pew and takes away the more complex thinking behind it. So a 90% reduction is OTT; I think maximum timer should be 23 hours - much like Jump Cloning.

Moving capitals should not be within 7 minutes; it should have to be planned, coordinated and not risk free. 7 minutes means I can jump get dropped; fight for 7 minutes and then cyno out before back up of the attacked arrives.
How long is enough ? 10-12 minutes; enough time for someone to scan you down; unless you cloak/ tether.

I like the meta of jump fatigue ā€“ it requires planning up front; - where are we going to stage from, are we in range, how much lead time to move ships into the area. It more closely resembles that of real combat with a supply chain being required, and planned.

The other option is to reduce jump fatigue on Carrier and Dreads, Fax, Supers, Titans by different reduction amounts; that way carrier / dread/ Fax can be 10 minutes, and supers, Titans have longer like 40 minutes.

Ramman

1 Like

You can already do that. Which tells me you either donā€™t actually own a capital or have never done a combat drop.

1 Like

Look, this change doesnā€™t effect big alliances like PL/Goons one bit, they simply had caches. And they could stick a structure in our SOV and there would be little/nothing you could do about it if you were a mid sized/smaller alliance.

How about increase a tethering/docking timer for Jump Fatigue, so at the very least those of us who hunt, stand a chance of capturing a fatigued cap, especially in someone elseā€™s sov- that kinda makes sov meaningful. Instead of merely adding a flat penalty to tethering for caps to mid structures, how about developing that idea a bit more.

How about reintroducing the idea of Risk vs Reward? If one were to accumulate that much fatigue, they would neither be able to dock or tether for X time. That could be reduced greatly if they are in their own SOV, and not if they arenā€™t. This would also reduce force projection and keep with the idea of ā€œhome turffā€ that indexes introduced. It would also prevent renter alliances being bailed out quickly simply by force projection.

Have you at the very least compared and contrasted the timers with those of structure timers? Is there any synergy to structure timers and jump timers? Or are they in essence helter skelter?

At least with a gate there is risk, and caps arenā€™t exactly nimble.

Been a victim too many times but do fly carrier

Did you completely miss that they are making it so you canā€™t tether for 30 seconds after jumping?

1 Like

Oh donā€™t get them wrong this is a ā€œHUGEā€ buff to renting empires.

Youā€™ve obviously never dropped it in combat if you donā€™t know that this change does not alter the minimum jump reactivation timer at all.

Where is this posted?

I must have missed it.

Nice, so just tethering.

I like that a lot actually.
:halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot: :halalparrot:

Does anyone know the actual new formula to calculate the jump fatigue? Iā€™m trying to calculate it, but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m doing it correctly.
As far as I got it, a carrier with JDC V doing max range jumps (7 LY) will have this fatigue:
1st jump --> 80 min blue timer, 8 minutes of red
2nd jump --> 300min blue timer, 30 minutes of red

Is this correct or am I missing something here?

Thereā€™s no indication that the formula is changing, just the caps. So yes, youā€™d hit 30 minutes red timer on your second jump.

Iā€™m a casual player and own 2 capitals (carrier, dread).

To me the most detrimental effect of Phoebe was the massive jump range nerf.
A carrier used to be a nice tool, to get to places, that are inaccessible
to small groups otherwise, simply by moving around blocking points.
If you have enough power, to force your way anywhere, low range is not an issue,
but if you want to join your new alliance as a (smaller) corp, that happens to be
in say Paragon Soul, while you are now in lowsec, the low range creates choke points
and limits the possible routes severly.

I have much less issues with fatique - maybe it should be reduced a bit and blue timer
limited to a day, but I very much see the point of force projection and itā€™s prevention.
In my opinion, a carrier should be able to jump at least 10ly (used to be 14+).

1 Like

Something I have never really understood, why is jump fatigued assigned to the character and not the ship, or both? After all ships take wear and tear.

And before anyone suggests that assigning the fatigue to the ship would result in a proliferation of capital ship construction, well, that ship sailed long ago.

In my opinion, current mechanicā€™s main downside is too big punishment for short series of jumps
Classic situation - you doing two jumps to a fight and ending up with 8-10h fatigue.
Then if you simply want to get back to your staging you have to wait this 8-10h, otherwise you will kill your capital character for 4 days

Still, the way that fatigue limited cap projection of big entities is good for game. 5h max fatigue seem too low, and almost return times before fatigue.

I think that there is similar reasoning between jump clone delay and jump fatigue delay, so maybe the way to make everyone happy is to limit max blue fatigue with 20-24h, with the same 30min max red fatigue, and same calculation formula.
This will limit ability to do quick series of jumps more than once per day, while keeping the same long distances travel speed.

1 Like

I think many of you need to read Fozzies post again.

You can hit most of Delve with one or 2 jumps from an NPC station - So under the new fatigue timers.
Jump once - Wait 7 minutes
Jump again - wait 7 minutes
If the rorquals youā€™re hunting are 3 jumps away, your next jump will have a 30 minute cooldown so you may have to fight your way out or logoff in the system for 15 or 20 minutes after killing the rorquals before you can jump again.

Which powerblock orderd this change? PL? Goons? NCDOT? All of them?
This change will be horrible for everyone who doesnt have a large capital fleet.

Capitals are already dominant, we dont need to buff them even more.

1 Like

The slow death of eve ordered it

2 Likes