[March] Jumping and Tethering Changes

these tether changes limit supercaps only to big entities , it becomes impossible move supercaps if u dont have defense fleet on hand to counter drop

1 Like

You realise before citadels that moving supercaps was risky too right? Iā€™m part of one of those large supercap entities and Iā€™ve enjoyed being able to move caps and supers totally risk free all over the map. And I think itā€™s terrible, because nothing in this game should be that free of risk.

This change will mean that you have to be switched on and careful when moving supers, just like you did before citadels. It doesnā€™t stop smaller entities doing so at all.

its not risk free tho , you still need have citadel network that you risk to have , also i am not saying its bad thing or good thing , its fact if you need have defence fleet move super or titan only alliance who have capacity do it , can do it

1 Like

:-1:

Players made much effort to create citadels. They put effort to support them. Why their safety near citadels should be expropriated from them.
This is not fair.
CCP should stop supporting pirats and marauders.

4 Likes

You had to be able to fund, setup and fuel poses before too - defence fleets are not the only way to move supers and titans and never have been. I mean sure it makes it easier, but do you really think nobody is ever going to move solo with this new mechanic? People did it all the time before.

prolly will but it will limit how many people have access to supers and titans greatly . also i dont see argument ā€œHURR DURR LIFE WAS ā– ā– ā– ā–  IN PAST IT NEED BE ā– ā– ā– ā–  IN FUTURE ALSOā€ ,

1 Like

Iā€™m not saying it was bad - Iā€™m saying nothing in this game is meant to be risk free, and that should include owning, using, and deploying supercaps :slight_smile: Thatā€™s it really .

nah its not risk free tho , most small entities dont have keepstar , there is plenty riskā€™s already like people able bumb them off tether etc , just having super / titan is huge pain in ass, unless they plan nerf keepstar cost

so if im in a super with + x warp strength does that mean that i have to be scrammed by hic or more points than x value to be stopped from docking or can a simple interceptor scram me and stop me docking with my nyx at a keepstar?

1 Like

I really want the ships moving to be less safe personally, but I think this change having the ability for an astra to allow for bridging similar to an old small POS keeps things interesting for a lot of different groups. As it sits they are technically less secure than a small POS because no force field in my opinion.

since its ccp i can bet single interceptor can stop you docking

Iā€™m sorry we must not be updated to the same version of Farmville. Yours must be completely safe from all plagues and rioting townspeople with pitchforks. Probably shouldnā€™t patch V2 allows the farm to be pillaged and destroyed as well as potential death to the farm and its inhabitants should they leave the saftey of their cottage.

Sidenote: With how much citadel spam there is to allow for all this ā€˜completeā€™ safety you gotta think about all the implications of everyone big and small.

1 Like

So what you are saying is that those who jump to citadels they cant dock at should warp off to a safespot/structure they can dock at, or safelog instead of tethering up.

It means those who jump to citadels can dock instantly if citadel/ship size allows it. If it doesnā€™t (say, you jump cap/super to Astrahus or super to Fortizar), you need to be more creative to not get tackled during this 30s tether delay.

Just so you know: with a bit of knowledge, common sense, knowing game mechanics and effort you are able to move supers across New Eden without even using citadels/POS towers and not die in the process. A lot of people moved their supers around EVE before citadels and most of them didnā€™t die in a fire - those who died were mostly careless or unaware of how to move safely.

just another unnecessary level of complication , well they could allow supers / titans dock into fortizars

You only have to be delayed by 10 seconds, then you can be locked and scrammed. How about people figure out ways to jettison 100 shuttles when you light the cyno to cause lag when you jump.

any chance of making jumping have a delay and a visual effect rather than right click instant safety?

10s would be too short even if you already had cloaked HIC on grid with citadel when supercap jumps to it, 30s sounds reasonable - itā€™s a value you can still work around when jumping to a system, but also isnā€™t free safety when moving as long as you drop few 700mil structures on your way.

x small group here, love this change