[March] Jumping and Tethering Changes

Invuln is 30 seconds. Also, if there are idiots milling about outside your structure, gun it and shoot them.

Will a capital still have jump invulnerability after they land or can you directly point them?

Since you can not dock at an Upwell structure after being pointed (no matter if you have aggression) this would make it very unsafe to jump to Upwell structures.

The changes to tethering after a jump are an unnecessary edition. Tethering in the first place was suppose to act like a pos shield, yet anyone can bump you off tether. Fix the bumping first, and add a cyno beacons and jump bridges to citadels. Then and only then you can consider screwing with jumping penalties on citadels.

4 Likes
  1. Warp scrambling prevents docking in Citadels.
  2. You have no lock immunity after jumping even while your session change timer is ticking

This change is a big deal and highly misguided. If intent is to nerf capitals using medium citadels as a means of safe travel, then they should have made it so if you cannot dock in a citadel due to size, you donā€™t get the tether :

1. More consistency with the way tethering works, since it is already tied to docking right from an access list perspective.
  2. Nerf of the intended target without ā€œJF collateral damageā€

PS: I see people claiming that there is a 30 second invuln after jumping. Even if that is the case (I donā€™t recall ever being unable to lock a capital jumping on me but why not), it would still be beneficial to just remove tethering for ships that cannot dock in a specific citadel.

2 Likes

Basic question: since you canā€™t see the buff bar while docked, does that mean that the tethering delay is cancelled immediately upon docking?

Just wondering if people might end up undocking with a prolonged black screen (which seems to be common) and no tethering with no warning. I assume that once youā€™re docked youā€™re good (similar to flying into the POS shield) but figured Iā€™d ask the question to be sure.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi, POSes never did 30k dps and neuted you dry inside the POS Shield.

This effectively kills jf jimps to citadels. Any scepter can warp to cyno and scram jf in 30 seconds. You will see tons of campers at outbound Lowsec jump systems.

I understand the need for balance but this is really bad for hfs. Not in favor.

From reading the post so far it seems that some really do not understand that once you are pointed you cannot dock. The folks in favor of this change will probably be the campers.

This will really hurt the game imho.

3 Likes

Yeah CCP probalby wants everyone who wants to use capital/supercaptial to join goonswarm or panfam for more retarded 1 million % TiDi battles

3 Likes

assuming that someone is actually in control of the guns, which 9 time out of 10 not the caseā€¦

1 Like

Just dock. Wow, so hard.

Please let me know when you will jump to citadel. I will be there with scepter and we will see if you can dock.

Do you even fly caps? Clearly you do not understand citadel mechanics.

1 Like

Fun fact: executing any capital jump affords one with a 30 second invulnerability timer. During this timer, you cannot be locked, and may freely initiate docking. If this was not the case, no one could dock a JF at an NPC station under any circumstances.

Did you read the proposed change? There will be a 30 Second delay after invuln break.

CCP actually addressed the safety of POS shields by removing ā€˜Garage Doorā€™ Cynos where you canā€™t light next to the stick and be perfectly safe. What they are doing is essentially removing this again and forcing you to become more creative in moving especially with citadel spam creating large safe networks for travel. Again they arenā€™t removing tether just the instant safety of it and its current effects in todayā€™s game play.

1 Like

Yes, I read it, unlike you.

We are currently planning a change for March that would delay tethering for a short time after a cynosural jump. This delay would not impact docking, so if a ship jumps to an Upwell Structure that is large enough for them to dock then they will still be able to dock immediately after the session change timer.

I bolded the funny parts.

1 Like

Thank you for the responses so far everyone! One thing Iā€™d just like to clarify for the sake of a productive discussion:

All ships have an automatic Invulnerability after cyno jumping.

• This timer will last 60 seconds or until you issue any command to your ship
  • This is not a new change and has existed since the dawn of jumping (as far as I can tell)

We do however agree that it confusing that this timer is not displayed in a manner similar to the cloak timer you receive after jumping through a stargate, and weā€™ll be looking into adding a similar display for this.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Remove keepstars then.
Because blob alliances possesing keepstar networks are not affected at all. Small entities are getting screwed.

So you force people to create even large powerblocks if they want to use caps and supercaps.

1 Like

I like it.

Jumping into a hot system should induce some level of buttpuckering. There was literally zero risk on long range travel.

I expect weā€™ll see more keepstars dropped on nullbloc highways, so that supers/titans can dock up when they jump. Other than that, fortitards will be waaaay more common. Given their cost and substantial increase in strategic value, they become interesting strategic targets to destroy.

You realise that literally nobody has a keepstar network big enough to be able to force project wherever they need to and only use keepstars to do it? Even goons, who afaik have more than anyone else are gonna need to deal with this when they deploy stuff outside of their core areas.

The biggest ships for the biggest groups. I fail to see the problem with this. Supercaps are a strategic resource. If you lack the logistical back-end for a strategic resource, expect to see said resourceā€™s value diminished.