[March] Jumping and Tethering Changes

Cool. More blobs for game. Nullsec is already stagnant and you want to make it even more?

1 Like

I don’t disagree with you in terms of large alliances posessing Keepstars. However we don’t have one and aren’t getting screwed. Understanding how to properly use your ship and not being able to move in eve is an old mindset. The safety net is too large and this is purely when you are cyno’ing into structures you can’t dock in it doesn’t effect logging off on a structure as it currently has been stated so it functions the same as an old POS.

They are removing the instant tether so you have to use them like a POS either warp in or wait out the invuln period to effectively tether. If you feel that someone should be complete and utterly safe in any ship at anytime if they wanted I don’t know what else to say.

You apparently missed the fatigue changes. Capitals can move a LOT faster. They can’t rapid-transit across the universe, but insofar as SOV warfare goes, it’ll be VERY easy to move your caps up for SOV fight.

Ok. I read this part Will still have to test on test server when it comes out.

This is still correct. However, this delay only affects tethering. It does NOT affect docking. After the change, docking at a player-owned structure will be essentially identical to docking at an NPC station.

So what you are saying is that you are giving gankers in lowsec more ability to kill people with impunity so that people can not move larger ships through lowsec anymore. Got it.

2 Likes

Citadel changes gave small entities market to get supers and citadels to move them around to different corners of space.
Want to prevent safe travel? Kill all the citadels in main chokepoints like some pirate groups did already and camp.
Larger groups are going to drop more keepstars and that’s all. They have already sustained supercapitals supply, so their people don’t even need move anything anywhere.
This change simply forces people who want to make pew in their mothership/titan to join another blob alliance.

1 Like

Faith Miner has a perspective that the gankers have impunity however they don’t. My group has fed supers and titans before because of carelessness or bait. Killing citadels still isn’t easy due to the final timer control and time zones.

This change causes no one to join an existing bloc. I would challenge you to look at the smaller groups that are dropping supers on a larger entities. One example would be Skill Urself. They don’t have a keep. They are competent in how to use their ships as well as how to move them. There are still plenty of people I see everyday solo RF’ing pocos, killing old POS’s outside of blocs and yet they haven’t died because they learned the game and mechanics instead of assuming perfect safety when using their ships.

I mean, if this doesn’t also prevent them from docking, how is this not still perfect safety?

I guess it’ll be more for supers traveling, can’t dock to forts.

It’s not meant to reduce the safety of size-appropriate ships. The only effect here is to provide a window of vulnerability for size-inappropriate ships using the tether functionality of a smaller-class structure.

1 Like

I vote making it more like 5mins in cohesiveness with a capsuleer engagement logoff timer.

Eh, fair enough. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

1 Like

I just want to say to everyone.

HTFU (Harden the fuck up)
That used to be a big thing in EVE, but then they went and made to many safety features.
Just keep your head out of your backsides. Pay the duck attention. If you do that, then these changes will not bother you. New Eden is suppose to be unforgiving.

3 Likes

Why not just make these changes for capitals that teather on structures smaller than a fortizars have a delay because this update will greatly help out bigger alliances and just ruin the smaller guys who can’t field the Amount needed to protect them and also it’s gonna make carrier ratting even more so of a risk with no reward gained
Other than the last comment I like the changes

1 Like

lol
It’ll just force people to join alliances with keepstars and supercap umbrellas making nullsec retarded and boring

UPD: Lowsec campers will get some dank content at the start though.

This is incorrect.

The main difference between NPC stations and Upwell structures, is that you can not dock at the latter while being pointed. But that does not stop you from docking at a NPC station.

Big supercap blobs were immune to being killed regardless of this change - there isn’t much you can do to hit 200+ supercap group with twice as many FAXes. I managed to move multiple supercaps across most of lowsec, in various direction, without using citadels and never lost one while being actively hunted from time to time - it’s not hard if you’re smart, resourceful, know game mechanics well and have a bit of patience to do it properly. Even then the move itself is challenging and I consider it fun on its own - trying to outsmart hunters.

If lowsec campers are that much of a problem, why don’t you just join them and enjoy the fun of killing supers that can’t stay safe, especially if you consider them being free kills now?

I’m glad you have that perspective because it isn’t a small amount of work that goes into doing this. It definitely isn’t ‘free kills’ if you value all the time invested

The setup is called EVE. It IS POTATO. lulz