[META] CODE as a controversial topic

With the new changes talked about in vegas, ganking will eventually be obsolete. People with negative sec status will no longer be allowed in highsec period. Gankers will need to constantly keep reworking their sec status and make new alts… its just going to get even harder to gank.

linky?

Well, that’s one heck of an assertion without anything to back it up…

3 Likes

I think he is referring to the new Resource Wars sites which will be locked by player number and standings and whose double acelleration gate design means basically -10s won’t be able to gank inside of them.

This is a tougher situation for gankers than open belts, but it is nothing new. Mining missions have provided dead space protection for miners for years. And these new sites only last minutes so there will be plenty of moving about and thus other chances to violence them.

I think this would be a good thing. Through all the bikering back forth over play styles, game mechanics and all the miner hate/ganker hate/bumping hate etc…etc…one fact remains…gankers can force their play style. Miners and missioners can’t. If gankers had to continuously grind their sec. status they would be forced into an unwanted play style. A taste of their own medicine. Believe it or not I think EVE needs gankers but like everything else, it needs balance. There is no way for a miner to force a ganker to mine or mission runner to force a ganker to run missions.

There is no playstile in EVE that allows you to opt-out of PvP. So no one is forcing you to do anything, the possibility of someone blowing you up is as much part of mining as it is for any other activity in space. It is simply your own fault if you let your guard down and make yourself a target, as there are multiple ways of reducing the risk already there.

Also what is this “force them to grind”? Do you think making something boring on purpose is good game design?

3 Likes

This nonsense with playstyles has to end already.

Being safe isn’t part of the ruleset. Gankers force nothing on anyone. Carebears created this nonsense idea. The rules of the game are clear: You are not supposed to opt out of PvP in what form it may hit you, there fore it is the carebear who try to force their self entitled view on to those who play the game as intended.

I ask everyone with a brain to combatthis nonsense. The facts are clear, the game’s rules are clear. Don’t let the double-thinkers turn it around. They have zero base for their nonsense. EVE`s history has shown us time and time again that it is THEM who force their needs for safety onto US, so they can live in their pretend reality believing they’re some sort of big space hero or whatever it is they need to feel better about themselves.

The backlash, once this escalates, will be glorious.

3 Likes

Imo CCP should put a big sticker on new players’ UIs saying

EVE is a pvp game, htfu

For minimum 30 days
And they should have an automated bot adoing the same to all those players that keep saying

EVE is not a game about pvp

Or any variations of that

1 Like

It’s no use. We have the New Player FAQ, but no one uses it as an argument to shut up the princesses. It is written proof that what they say is nonsense in most cases, yet it is useless as long as no one uses it and as long as people keep engaging in worthless discussions that only ever benefit the totalitarians. When someone abuses the priviledge of freedom of speech, talking to them in ways that keep talks going is the literally worst thing to do.

I wonder if that would counter the 30 days they spend in Rookie Help people taught how to avoid all forms of risk or not … :thinking:

How bad is this really? Not saying i doubt you, i’ve heard of this time and time again. Same about rookie channels.

It’s called indoctrination:
Say something to someone constantly for a long time will make them believe it…

We can’t save the old idiots that say these things, but we sure as hell can tell newbros all about it

We can drive out the griefers if we just actually started doing something.

In my experience there is a certain type of veteran ‘helper’ in Rookie Help (not all of them by any means) who is not there to answer questions and help, but there to safeguard, to wrap in cotton wool, to teach risk avoidance, to spoonfeed Rookies all of the lessons that they would otherwise have to learn for themselves (the hard way).

Don’t fit this, don’t fly that, don’t enter that space, don’t loot that thing, don’t shoot that guy.

I can’t help feeling at times that this isn’t helping either the Rookie, who is denied many learning experiences which probably would make them HTFU and instead encourages them to develop a carebear mentality, or the game in general, as it removes the food source from the food chain and creates an overly safe environment.

2 Likes

Are you there regularly? When it happens when you’re around, take screenshots, publicize them on the forums and reddit and send in a ticket, explaining the whole situation and how it actually falls under griefing, given the special circumstances of the new players and the chatroom itself.

Putting the griefers into public light should be a priority. They benefit from the fact that there is no one publicly opposing them. Being one of many in such a b9g chat makes it hard to deal with them, so they need to be outmeta’d.

2 Likes

Why is this unethical code doctrine pasted all over the forums? They need to create a code section as they have created a mercenary sub-forum. They could contain many of the vile toxins in eve.
This means you will just fade away. Much less forum activity and reading filth inspired by zealotry.
You’re not controversial, you’re just a childish, mob mentality, group of immature or unskilled players…

Your flagging game was exposed. I hope you can deal with it. Remember I do have this muted but will come to see that you’re obeying forum rules because I believe you need more watchdogs for your activities.

The Code doesn’t need it’s own section lol

Why such a relatively simple document rustles so many Jimmies is quite curious tho: EVE is a game about spaceship pvp… non-consensual pvp should be expected at all times when you decided to undock

That’s how it always was and always will be, no matter what carebears and risk-averse players say :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Eeeeehhhhhhhhh you might wanna rethink that! :wink:

-tank your ship
-don’t afk
-pay attention

That’s pretty simple is it not?

2 Likes

Yeah, but why is it wrapped into a million words??? :grin:

(all hearsay, i never read it)