Mike Azariah for CSM 15

OK, another commentary post.

This is my version of campaign stuff so you know where I am coming from, how I think, that sort of thing.

Politics.

I was asked at a live event what we could do to stop the CSM from being politicised. (I think it was @Alekseyev_Karrde who asked but my memory, at times, is fuzzy.) My answer was . . . stop electing politicians.

Now I do want to temper that statement a little in that I do not think all politicians (space or otherwise) are bad but 95% of them give the rest a bad name. I will have @Brisc_Rubal on my ballot and not feel that I am betraying my way of doing things. Just I will be doing them with care and consideration.

A Politician in Eve is someone who has worked his or her way up any one of a few ladders to reach a higher plane than the rest of us. Whether it be FC chops, industry God, Alliance connections, whatever. They worked their way to that point and on the way made contacts, impressions, gathered a following (both good and bad). Some of the threads are full of ‘attaboys’ or ‘oh hell no’. If I do not know the people doing the brickbats and bouquets then it is just noise, to me. Hell some of them could easily be puppet alts, for all we know or a voting brigade organised behind the scenes.

You know, politics.

But some of the recommendations carry weight. There are people whose opinions I trust in this game. When they say someone did good I am much more willing to lend weight to what they say. It is always the personal touch, the word of mouth that means something. That is less politics and more trust that the folks you like may like similar things to you. So talk to your fellow players, talk to your corp mates. Ask if they know who they are voting for and WHY. Because that is the key thing. Are they voting a specific way because they were told to or did they make up their own minds? WHY is very important, to me.

If you don’t know folks? Well that is what these threads are for. So you can get to know the candidates, what they plan on doing, and how. Who they are.

Oh and one other thing about politics is it can get dirty. False accusations or dragging up old truths. It will be up to you to decide what is real and what is ■■■■■■■■. Because that is part of politics as well.

Honestly, that sort of thing makes me laugh, If you are going to accuse me of malfeasance? Pick something believable. The mud has to have a chance to stick, ya know?

Others in this race have faced similar accusations, attacks, some may have that element of truth, others are just muddying the water. If you are going to vote and vote well? You may have to do some reading, thinking for yourself, work. Maybe you should vote for people who will do the same.

Welcome to Eve

m

4 Likes