Mike Azariah for CSM 15

Anybody who gets bullied out of the game by those two bit carebears was not going to last very long anyway.

3 Likes

Do CODE still post victim local chat rage rants on their site? Is victim rage “just RP” - or ‘real?’

I’ve written a few times in the past that a player’s earliest losses are not as likely to make them give up on EVE, but a mistake sometime in the 2nd or 3rd month can do it. When a player decides to move to a new mission hub, loads up all their stuff in a T1 hauler and gets blasted on the way. Doesn’t matter what group or individual does it. That’s a last straw for some players: ‘I spent X amount on EVE and now I have to pay another month, just to get back to where I was?!’

The solution is clearly education, whether it’s chat channels or encouraging players to join corps where fellow members can provide 1 on 1 help.

Oh I have no doubt some players truly rage when ganked. I am Canadian. I have seen riots over a hockey game. But does that mean we should have forbidden the other side from shooting on the goal?

and I agree, it is all about the education. before and after. I walk that walk, being in the rookie help chat and talking to pilots before they make mistakes and after.

m

4 Likes

Can confirm

1 Like

I endorse my fellow Canadian! Mike did great work on CSM9. He’ll do great work on CSM15.

5 Likes

Mike, you’re number 2 on my ballot. You deserve to be on CSM, and if I don’t make it I pray that you do.

4 Likes

For which I thank you.

I don’t know that I deserve anything. But I will do the work if elected.

m

7 Likes

Okay a small commentary on diversity.

No, don’t look at me like that. I do not mean in the usual modern sense.

Some folks keep talking about hisec, lowsec, null, and wh space. But there are other forms of diversity that could also be represented on the CSM

Consider, rather than where they live . . .what they do. PvE, small gang, huge fleet, industrial, trade, wh exploration and wh inhabitants. solo roamers, streamers . . . . lifestyle representation. That is a better diversity to consider

Or you could look to the representation of communities outside of Eve. Spanish, Chinese, Russians have all stepped forward. (Did I mention that I am Canadian?) Those parts of the game could use representation as they try to integrate with the unwashed masses of English speaking players.

How YOU choose who represents you is up to you but I ask that you consider whether you are looking for representation or just ‘your people’ to have an advantage to the game. Will the people you vote for think more of themselves and their tribe or what is best for the game?

Next week we see who make it through the application process and then the real campaigning begins.

m

6 Likes

Just a small correction: I have the ships delivered to the rookie stations via another entity, and zip around in an insta-warp Sunesis. Mostly because Caldari/Amarr police would frown heavily on a Matari militia-folk dragging his Bowhead all across their space. :wink:

Edit: Oh, and I’m totally voting for you, Mike. And Komi. And probably someone else, because I strongly dislike anything that is backed by the nullsec barons, and I think you two qualify.

2 Likes

Check out Pandora Singularity, she might be a good third pick.

4 Likes

Mike? - yeah, absolutely 100% :+1:

Komi?..dude…no thanks…just…no…yikes…

Mike is far above Komi in many measures, they’re not near in the same league, frankly. RPers are mad at Komi for presenting RP in a bad light.

I agree Pandora Singulaity seems perhaps a good pick.

4 Likes

Did you just use ‘yikes’ in a sentence, unironically? Yikes.

I’m pretty sure at least some of the people voting for Komi are doing it because some people (read: you) are frothing at the mouth over her. Of course there are better roleplayers out there, and of course I don’t agree with everything she says or does - but it’s a unique platform, and it’s the only one with a roleplay-heavy foundation. I respect that, for all of its flaws, infinitely more than I respect the usual nullbear reps. Especially since I want more lore in Eve (plz, Mike, make CCP give us moar lore). Feel free to disagree - this thread is about Mike’s campaign, not Komi’s.

I think the common ground we have is that we like Mike. I’d have to look into Pandora Singularity - the only person I remember out of everyone I voted for in the last CSM was Olmeca Gold, and that was partially because I was big into NPSI fleets at the time. Not sure how that panned out in the end. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

FXs

1 Like

This is a deeply flawed statement and demonstrates just how little of how the game development you understand. CCP only ever creates lore when it situates the game development they are already planning. Templar One, a grand experiment in fiction, brought us clone soldiers, Muryia Mordu and the Legion, Sleepers and Drifters, and the Other’s interference in the Amarr Throne via Jamyl. However, it was all in support of things CCP had planned anyway.

If you want more lore, volunteer for ISD and write it.

1 Like

Although, to be fair, if was fun talking to CCP Falcon and other devs about the Lore, Not pushing it, just discussing it with them and seeing some of the behind the scenes stuff when they made new AIs

The Assassination of Jamyl is hilarious from the other side of the curtain.

m

1 Like

I’d love to hear more about that, Mike. I could use it in my Siteseeing and Lore Tours of EVE.

Also, I wasn’t saying that the devs don’t think about the lore or value it, just that they can’t dedicate spend to it if it isn’t also in support of current development pipeline. Now, if you could get Pearl Abyss, CCP Hellmar, and CCP Mannbjorn to agree to dedicate a percent of budget to just developing the lore by further funding the ISD and dev time dedicated to it… that’d be a feat.

Yeah . . . I’m not sure how “deeply flawed” it is to think a sci-fi game should have some story development. Perhaps if the CSM wasn’t so completely dedicated to null sec isk making and the PVP-or-nothing mentality then CCP might realize that they are supposed to be storytellers.

1 Like

Story development in EVE Online is secondary to the story created by the players. Story as a focus of development is the playground of single-player-focus games like EA’s Jedi: Fallen Order, Bethesda’s Elder Scrolls Franchise, and riding-on-rails MMOs like World of Warcraft. EVE Online is a different beast, and it deserves a different approach.

Am I saying that story shouldn’t be prioritized? No. Of course not. What I’m saying is that it has its place in resepct to new development and Hilmar has already promised that the future focus of game development will inevitably be new missions development, and that they are creating a new tool set to make developing missions easier for new devs (so that it doesn’t need to be hard-coded/rigidly defined from a code perspective). This will inevitably mean the story will be expanded, as these missions will need to be situated within the game.

(Edited to add: One of the things I have a problem with - myself, as a candidate and a player - is CCP’s overly reticent attitude to the roadmap. Seagull’s approach of laying out the broad-strokes long-term roadmap and giving us routine breadcrumbs and small promises, even if they never fully materialized, is much better than leaving us in the dark with little to build our hopes upon. It is the difference between knowing that, in the Amarrian sense, God has a plan - versus - God is fickle and capricious.)

Uh. Saying that I want more lore in Eve online is a deeply flawed statement?

Facetiously begging someone who’s been on the CSM several times to make CCP give us more is a deeply flawed statement?

I’d like to think that the devs appreciate the deep, gritty stories of this game as much as a lot of the Eve community does, and I certainly can’t speak for them. But to call a desire for more a ‘flawed’ statement is, well, silly. The story development in Eve and the stories created by players are interlinked, and neglecting one hurts the other.

In regards to your edit: there is only one God, and He lives in Anoikis. Praise be unto Bob. :wink:

1 Like

This is the flawed portion. The CSM can’t make CCP do anything. The relationship doesn’t work that way. If you want ANYONE to make CCP do something, talk to Hilmar Pétursson or Pearl Abyss.

1 Like