MILINT ARC Trooper For CSM 18

True to form @MILINT_ARC_Trooper you wrote a lot. I can’t wait to read it all. It might take me a moment to comment.

1 Like

What CCP Got Right:

• Successful counter ganking actions addressing alpha account wealth generation.
  • Improved balance for ganking dynamics by requiring omega status.

What CCP Got Wrong:

• 2-year scarcity attempt with negative impact on mining and resource collection.
  • Price hike oversight, leading to higher subscription costs without considering exchange rates.
  • Unsubscribing trend due to mining and industry changes, affecting game balance.
  • Graphical upgrades causing lag issues; need for optimization and player settings.

Desired Game Additions:

• Navy Carriers, Navy Titans, Triglavian “Clade Ships.”
  • Expanded pirate factions mirroring empire tech trees.
  • Espionage and interaction hacking gameplay for nullsec and wormholes.
  • Non-station requirement for personalization based on doctrine fits.
  • Joining NPC corps voluntarily, expanding player choices.

Existing Features to Continue:

• Hidden resources and loot, generating emergent gameplay.
  • Meme/lore/special edition resources adding uniqueness.
  • Historical sites and secrets for player curiosity and lore exploration.

Undesired Game Concepts:

• Avoid introduction of microtransactions for essential resources and ammo.
  • Concern about monetizing gameplay elements like fuel and ammo usage.

Enhancements for Planetary Interaction (PI):

• Buff the m3 of links, storage, and Planetary HQ to promote balance.
  • Allow P.I. integration and cooperation within alliances and corporations.
  • Introduce P.I. PvP mechanisms for conflicts and interactions.

Corporation UI Improvements:

• Overhaul and modernize the corporation UI for better usability.
  • Use a color and symbol system for contacts and standings.
  • Integrate a visual structure system to help organize and track members.

Hahaha I must have missed you @Melicien_Tetro, CCP make it really difficult to find who’s running on the forums. I began this process before the ‘List’ was published. so the only way that I could find people was to try to open up every thread in my browser, but they change depending on who has had the most recent activity. Please accept my sincere apology.

1 Like

Who are you melicien tetco? The mining changes ccp did is the thing they got right, that saved the game. All that good ore was locked in null sec with those null guys afk mining with rorqual, the rest of the game was hurt as they couldn’t get the good ores, they mined so much pushing the economy to such a bad state. They mined and mined so much other players couldn’t make ships and turn a profit at those null guys would under sell the ship. Meaning it cost more to build the ship then sell. Other players couldn’t make a profit. Ships should never cost more to produce then they are sold for. That play style ■■■■■■ the economy, it’s better now, and healthier going forward. But we are not done. We still have work to do, but over all we are much much better.
Before you got the ■■■■ ore Unless you join a bloc. Not everyone likes the null bloc life. The current mech allow guys from highs sec and the rest of the game to actually get the good ore stuff and get away. Thus make use with it. In null sec you have to run the gauntlet, avoid bubbles and the null sec Intel channel chances are and it’s happened, they are reported in Intel and will be popped. Poof dead miner. They have. No way to dock in null sec 99% of the time unless in npc null, but as a whole they can’t. So you have to deal with getting a mining fleet in null sec as a neut toon who will be killed., find a spot, get up, and start mining, the thing is, you have no safety net, you can’t use a good mining ship, anything else but a prospect will die. No docking, your totally at risk. Porp can’t warp cloaked., its stuck on grid. Chances are your bubble ■■■■■■ and dead. When they moved it to low sec. It made everything easier.
Players can dock, since they can dock, you can use a better mining ship. Sure theirs low sec pirates, but you just dock up, wait till they leave. They can’t bubble you. You have a great chance of excaping of your ships are fit correct. Since your able to dock, you can un load the ore you mined. Not like in null sec, you have to keep it in your hold. mining in null sec for 3 hours, , since you can’t dock, you put your fleets ore in the porp as your prospects are full. being in bastion mode and your porp is bubbled ■■■■■■ Now your porp is bubbled in null sec and you just lost everything.
In low sec you just dock, wait, use bookmarks to undock and dock. Kutos to ccp for realizing that it opens up the mining for non null guys, and players who don’t want to be in a bloc. What’s stoping industry from really taking off is the fact the bonus for building ships is so great in null sec, when compared to low sec or high sec. Give the other secs a little better of a bonus. Watch more ships be build. Thus lowering the price.

@Lady_Death_Strike
I was a player pre-Scarcity. I was wanting to do the solo ninja mining operations.
Before 2021, there was alot of concepts to play with, then the various mining changes and even mobility activity really screwed up things.

True the Rorqual situation was a huge problem, but Rorquals can also operate in lowsec, actually the next day of Scarcity, I got to see a Rorqual mining in anoms in Tabbetzer. [Yours and Mine Backyard.] There was some interesting mechanics of that old Rorqual. But the major issues was the ship was so high level mining. There was no “gradient of content” Like Mining Exacavators have nothing between them and the next highest level of mining drones [IE the Harvester Mining Drones]

But you point out the issues of nullsec and lowsec industrial bonuses. We are about to see a repeat of that problem with the XL Structure Crusade ongoing. Because I realized in the Shipcaster Event that the only way to efficiently produce the components for the event was to use a player owned station. Especially a Sotiyo. So HS players were very dependent on “largess” of players placing industrial stations, which fed back funds to various groups who usually didn’t operate in highsec.

If one does some research even though CCP nuked alot of the belts out of nullsec, if you do some looking around there are pretty big pockets of materials and belts. The problem is nullsec can be easily shutdown by bubbles and other content denial measures. For the life of me I don’t understand why the Prospect didn’t get the option to use Nullifiers. So it could get into dangerous places. But there niches the Prospect, and by virtue the Endurance have been able to carve out.

In pertaining to the Industrial Cores, yeah alot of people have mixed feelings on this. Personally I think the cores have two weird issues. One is the most glaring the being stuck on grid for someone to shoot you. Which can be life or death for some player groups. The other ironically is a weird PVP buff mechanic. Industrial Core buffs drones, this can be used to buff drones to degrees that most people think isn’t possible but it is. Example the Gecko with a ship using Industrial Core, can be pushed to the level of a T1 Cruiser in EHP and effectiveness. I understand what the idea is for the Industrial core, but gluing them to grid for content, really rubs alot of people the wrong way. And makes them less likely to visit other areas.

True, the bonuses to Nullsec is better than anywhere else. I have heard stories from players basically getting free ships, not SRP, just free ships. Which kind of rankles me, because alot of HS/LS players have to scrimp and save resources to get enough minerals to even start thinking about building ships or even heaven forbid modules. I think the NPC stations need bonuses not more than a player station, but at least good enough to drive interest and visits to factory, market, research, mining NPC stations for small bonuses.

CMS 18
You are all welcome to advertise
introduce yourself on one of the largest German Discord servers
And to advertise 1300+ are waiting for you Respect Honor Passion

The candidates are invited LIVE in the stream

And with LIVE translation English to German !!
introduce yourself in an interview and ask questions
to be answered by German speaking players
Yours sincerely (Neo ceo RHP) 42

@MILINT_ARC_Trooper Your answers have been added to the thread

MILINT is my boi if you do not vote for him i will be very sad

MILINT stance.

Nothing even hinting of Pay to Win assets [P2W] should be allowed in the game. I advocate cosmetic sales skins etc. that everyone is asking for.

Mil, I want these:

• T2 Bowhead that can cyno jump
  • an industrial ship that can fit plants, like the Standup Manufacturing Plant I, Standup Research Lab I, etc, so this industrial ship will run industy jobs. You could even dock it and run it inside a station with no plants, you could produce it’s own fuel and other things for the wh, etc

An industrial ship that can run industrial jobs is like a moist dream to me :D, you could even dock 50 ships like this in a Fortizar and produce an entire armada inside it, obviously it would be extremely expensive, would consume extreme amounts of fuel and they could be simple shot and destroyed… but hey, give people options to play with!

All My votes are cast. You have my votes and I pray that you win so this can be the most entertaining CSM campaign of all time. Its going to be a wild ride

We shall see.

You are my Man …!

In Response to a CSM Members suggestion to remove Security Status Recharge from Tags.

one of the CSM candidates who proposed removing redeeming security state tags. Which wouldn’t be healthy for the game in two ways.

1. There would be no ganking at High Security as it would have negative effect from losing security status forcing gankers out of highsec. [This would mean no highsec destruction.]

2. The current system is too simple to boost your security status which allows the gankers to just purchase one type of tag and buff their security status, and be right back at it. [Which is bad for newer players or players close to the bone ISK wise.]

My suggestion was to “smudge” security status recharge. Buff the Clone Soldiers so they are harder to kill for their tags. But also allow the usage of lower NPC Tags for security, but more numbers to redeem for security status recharge. So it creates more market pull on NPC tags for security status. Also the addition of an extremely high value, high security status recharge. Officer Tags. You have to go into 0.0 space to find and recover to sell.

When combined with both a revamped bounty system and -10 to 10+ Security Status mechanics, the interaction between Gankers and their targets might be a bit more interactive. And would also drive markets on many items that are usually not used or redeemed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.