MinerBumping

The Correct Way

2 Likes

Whoops! Sounds like this miner is upset about somethingā€¦

2 Likes

Even ā€œShow me the wulesā€ said it was part of the game the day after, the only one that had reason to be offended in the end was his wife that got waked up in the middle of the night.

2 Likes

Start by taking your medication you dam wobbler!
Itā€™s like having intercourse with my wife ā€œIs it in? Is it out?ā€ and so on . . . (You are in this case my penis and my wife is CODE.)

1 Like

CCP please return signatures NOW

3 Likes

4 Likes

Umā€¦ arenā€™t you supposed to share the black and white rage comic version of Jackie Chan???

1 Like

What happens when CODE. encounters real life space bullies? Stop by and enjoy the fun, with another edition of the Highsec Miner Grab Bag:

3 Likes

"ā€œI will be talking to CCP Falcone (a CCP dev)ā€¦ā€

oh my.

2 Likes

ā€œand you are current and you can capsules at the gate to attack other coffins gut thin attack scarecrowā€
- Some bot-aspirant

PS: Cardboard is a vegetable.

2 Likes

That reads more like someone who isnā€™t a native English speaker.

In other news, James 315 has apparently finished his work with Minerbumping:

Iā€™m no fan of CODE., but I donā€™t hate them, either. There was a time when my opinion of them was far less sanguine, but Iā€™ve come to accept that theyā€™re part of what makes EvE the game it is; even though I never read Minerbumping beyond a few specific posts, I still feel a little sad about it finally ending.

As for James himself, the man has always impressed me with his writing speed; I canā€™t even approach his skills in that area without devolving into incoherent, grammatically horrifying gibberish. Seeing how James has consistently managed to crank out thousands of words a day fills me with a sense of awe that is only outstripped by my envy.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see someone post that CODE. happened to cross paths with Chappyā€™s hauler en route to his birthday bash and, rather than ganking him like they would anyone else, chose to let him pass so that his wish for an epic brawl would come true. Unless Iā€™m seriously misunderstanding something, the order for that came from none other than James himself! Good on him for that!

So, in light of this news, Iā€™d like to ask @James_315 if he feels like talking aboutā€¦well, pretty much anything, really. Iā€™m mostly curious about what he plans to do now that heā€™s moved on from writing posts on Minerbumping, but if he wants to chat about anything else in particular then Iā€™m willing to make conversation with him about it as best I am able. If he thinks the forums will attract too much spume and bile from CODE.'s haters, then Iā€™m perfectly fine with talking here or via in-game private message, as well.

I also donā€™t know how often he looks at these forums, so if @Aiko_Danuja, @Karak_Terrel, @Australian_Excellence, or anyone else who might have his ear could pass on this request, Iā€™d appreciate it.

1 Like

Almost spat out my drink ā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

Donā€™t encourage him, thereā€™s a reason Ramona only lets him out occasionally.

Exhibit 1; A McCandless family portrait.

Itā€™s a terribad movie, bad script, poor acting and even worse special effects; so bad in fact, that itā€™s almost good.

2 Likes

I really like him. :blush:

1 Like

lol I do too, itā€™s funny on a level that I could never achieve.

2 Likes

The forums kind of have gotten better again over the last year.
Do you agree? What do you think?

I doubt itā€™s related to CCP Falconā€™s absense. He wasnā€™t even around most of the time and barely interfered with anything, as far as I remember.

1 Like

I canā€™t say that Iā€™ve noticed beyond some missing faces; some that I think highly of and many more that I wouldnā€™t pee in their mouths if their teeth were on fire.

Falcon got a lot of hate, he also got a lot of love; especially when he was blunt as you like and told it like it was.

Iā€™ve only ever had one run-in with him where I misread a post and inadvertently encouraged someone to off themselves on a livestream with an off the cuff remark. He could have banned me on the spot, instead he sent me a polite PM explaining what Iā€™d done and that if I did anything like it again it wouldnā€™t stop at a forum ban. When I read it I realised what Iā€™d done and tbh the ban would have been deserved.

Iā€™ve never felt that moderation was out of hand, in fact Iā€™ve always found it to be more lenient than other forums that I frequent. ISD seem to apply the spirit of the rules, not the letter; which I for one appreciate.

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t around at this time, but I remember this. Plenty of people lost their (forum- ?)chars to this, some are even still around, still crying about it when they get the opportunity to do so. I agree with everything youā€™ve written about CCP Falcon.

Maybe I should have a better look at the forums again,
but it seems to me that beyond a few toxic carebear elements,
things have kind of calmed down.

Or maybe Iā€™m just old ā€¦
ā€¦ dry ā€¦
ā€¦ discouraged ā€¦
ā€¦ lacking any enthusiasm, drive, motivation and willingness ā€¦
ā€¦ and am dead on the inside.

:thinking:

1 Like

It was a first offence warning a good few years back, despite shitposting on the forums since 2009 I have only had that warning and an accidental ban that lasted for 2 hours or so when it should have been a warning.

That said Iā€™ve made many posts that should have got me banned, but didnā€™t; there again the target was generally Veers :man_shrugging:

As for getting oldā€¦

I know that feeling, my hair and beard are white, my waistline is trying to become an equator and Iā€™ve recently realised that Iā€™ve spent nearly half a century and most of my money on having a good time, the rest I wasted.

3 Likes

Oh, wow, you mean there is a NEW blog? Neato mosquito!

https://www.james315.space/2020/07/05/a-new-blog-for-a-new-order-part-2

2 Likes