The greatest Blog in EVE history is coming to a close

No one is forcing you to stay in hisec either.

Sure, but this is all their own choice.

This ican be true for anything in hisec, though. You may only find out what a capacitor is when you run out of it and your sheild boosters no longer work and your ship gets destroyed by rats.

A few misconceptions here.

Firstly, the Mining Permit isnt a right to do whatever you want, you still cant afk autopilot even with a permit.

Secondly, we usually dont go out and search and kill specific targets. Only the ones that were especially bad or blingy or salty. Most new players that I gank, I open up a convo or send them a mail explaining what happened and what they can do to better equip and prepare themselves. If they are genuinely cool dudes, i even through in a couple million isk to them.

Its a good litmus test as to who can truly have the balls and mentality to survive and enjoy eve. We get people who never lost a ship in 10 years, then one gank after or one lost citadel after, and they quit the game with a huge tearmail thread. Then we have the new player who was ganked and takes it with stride and becomes super successful.

Or he could join us. But AG would disagree that it would be impossible to fight back. It is possible to fight back, and the way to do so is not to make yourself such a target by not being AFK, not auotpiloting, not flying around with blingy stuff, and being careful.

There is always a choice.

2 Likes

Really? So Code would hunt them down in lowsec? Nullsec? Code would topple Goonswarm and Pandemic Legion just to drive out a single miner from the game?

Its a video game where you can be anything, from an upstanding citizen who obeys the code, to a pirate, a villain, an AGer. They give you a lot of freedom to be and do what you want. Thats why EVE has lasted so long. It was different from its competitors.

1 Like

Yes, they should leave.

They should leave the system they are in if they keep finding themselves being blown up day after day.

They should leave the mindset of being in a flimsy covetor fitted out for max yield and minimal tank.

They should leave the corp that gives them zero interaction between their corpmates and zero ability for their leadership to deal with and protect their miners.

They should leave a lot of things behind, if they are targetted by code. Its a wake up call. Some choose to go back to sleep, and are surprised that they were woken up again with a ship loss. But thats their choice, and their fault.

2 Likes

And that is the part I like about CODE, as CCP took the tools away from us to do it in any other way.

1 Like

I do at least in part credit code for getting me out of high sec and into a (for me at least ) much more interesting part of the game. I think they killed a mining barge or two but it was more the having to watch your back all the time. I realized it was more fun to be the one some one was watching for.
There was a guy named Bing Bangboom he was funny to listen to in local spout all the code role play but he had spirit.
Minerbumping offered so funny reading and anything that marketed Eve and maybe got people to play is sad to see discontinued.
o7

2 Likes

Well, leave it to me to post in the other thread and completely miss this one.

As I said there, I neither like nor do I hate CODE.; I just accept them as part of the game I choose to play. There was a time when my opinion of them was far less sanguine, but I’ve come to accept that they’re part of what makes EvE the game it is; even though I never read Minerbumping beyond a few specific posts, I still feel a little sad about it finally ending.

As for James himself, the man has always impressed me with his writing speed; I can’t even approach his skills in that area without devolving into incoherent, grammatically horrifying gibberish. Seeing how James has consistently managed to crank out thousands of words a day fills me with a sense of awe that is only outstripped by my envy.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see someone post that CODE. happened to cross paths with Chappy’s hauler en route to his birthday bash and, rather than ganking him like they would anyone else, chose to let him pass so that his wish for an epic brawl would come true. Unless I’m seriously misunderstanding something, the order for that came from none other than James himself!

And to think that some people seriously believe that CODE. is filled with sociopaths…

And once again I’d like to ask @James_315 if he feels like having a chat about what he plans to do now that Minerbumping is finished, or anything else that might tickle his fancy. If he thinks the forums will attract too much spume and bile from CODE.'s haters, then I’m perfectly fine with talking here or via in-game private message, as well.

Since I’m not entirely sure he reads these forums, I’d like to ask anyone who is in regular contact with him (@Xeux, maybe? IDK who he talks to) to pass on my request. I’m genuinely curious about the man and would enjoy being able to converse with him.

Apropos of nothing, I feel like James’ propaganda poster needs to be updated with a massive grin…maybe stick it on a massive, indestructible billboard floating in the Halaima ice field.

Where is the difference in opinion between you and me? You asked a question and I answered. You feeling insulted is your problem, not mine.

1 Like

An npc called Loyalanon should come in and destroy the mining ship, then an NPC called D400 should pod them.

Aura would give you a message like so:

“Looks like a couple of Code agents have confiscated your ship and equipment. Remember, no one is safe in new eden, and danger lurks in every corner of space. If you are not prepared for the dangers that await you, you may end up losing a much more expensive ship. Always be aware of your surroundings.”

5 Likes

You hurt his feelings though.
That’s no different than murder.

1 Like

Oh dear, must find myself a good lawyer I guess.

1 Like

Figured he’d get bored of it eventually.

It’s true, honestly.

If CCP would just openly acknowledge the legitimacy of CODE., then all this crying about poor highsec noobies could end. We wouldn’t have all these surprised miners acting confused about why they are getting ganked, or why they are getting told to pay rent. It’s like in a game of Starcraft, nobody starts crying when zerglings come and eat their miners, because it’s understood that this is the game. Unfortunately, in EVE, there is this pretense that “high sec” is a noob tutorial zone.

If you want to blame anyone for griefing and generating all these miner tears, then you should blame CCP for catering to carebears, and pretending like CODE. is just some “unsavory” pirate group, when it is clearly a dominant alliance which enforces the law of highsec. The worst friend a new player can have is that goofus in Rookie Chat who tells him that mining permits aren’t “real”.

4 Likes

Uh, would you care to fill me in on why that is? Or, if you don’t feel like educating my ignorant self, could you direct me to somewhere that it’s properly (and exhaustively) explained?

If you keep toying with someone for “no real reason” it’s called griefing, if you toy with someone for potential profit it’s not called griefing. So by adding a “pay me” clause CCP gave it their stamp of approval.

CCP, making one dumb decision after another.

I am not sure I am allowed to link this stuff in the forums. But, here goes…

2 Likes

CCP, not listening to entitled idiots declaring ‘my way is the only way, CCP !’

Are you implying CCP makes sound and logical design decisions?

Surely not.

Do you happen to know if he’d be up for a chat sometime? I’d love to talk to the guy about his experiences in EvE and what it was like being the leader of CODE.

…hooo-leeee SHIET; I didn’t even notice the implications there! That’s one comparison I really don’t want to have the tiniest smidgen of accuracy!

In their terms - which are not necessarily your terms…