The greatest Blog in EVE history is coming to a close

I do at least in part credit code for getting me out of high sec and into a (for me at least ) much more interesting part of the game. I think they killed a mining barge or two but it was more the having to watch your back all the time. I realized it was more fun to be the one some one was watching for.
There was a guy named Bing Bangboom he was funny to listen to in local spout all the code role play but he had spirit.
Minerbumping offered so funny reading and anything that marketed Eve and maybe got people to play is sad to see discontinued.
o7

2 Likes

Well, leave it to me to post in the other thread and completely miss this one.

As I said there, I neither like nor do I hate CODE.; I just accept them as part of the game I choose to play. There was a time when my opinion of them was far less sanguine, but Iā€™ve come to accept that theyā€™re part of what makes EvE the game it is; even though I never read Minerbumping beyond a few specific posts, I still feel a little sad about it finally ending.

As for James himself, the man has always impressed me with his writing speed; I canā€™t even approach his skills in that area without devolving into incoherent, grammatically horrifying gibberish. Seeing how James has consistently managed to crank out thousands of words a day fills me with a sense of awe that is only outstripped by my envy.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see someone post that CODE. happened to cross paths with Chappyā€™s hauler en route to his birthday bash and, rather than ganking him like they would anyone else, chose to let him pass so that his wish for an epic brawl would come true. Unless Iā€™m seriously misunderstanding something, the order for that came from none other than James himself!

And to think that some people seriously believe that CODE. is filled with sociopathsā€¦

And once again Iā€™d like to ask @James_315 if he feels like having a chat about what he plans to do now that Minerbumping is finished, or anything else that might tickle his fancy. If he thinks the forums will attract too much spume and bile from CODE.'s haters, then Iā€™m perfectly fine with talking here or via in-game private message, as well.

Since Iā€™m not entirely sure he reads these forums, Iā€™d like to ask anyone who is in regular contact with him (@Xeux, maybe? IDK who he talks to) to pass on my request. Iā€™m genuinely curious about the man and would enjoy being able to converse with him.

Apropos of nothing, I feel like Jamesā€™ propaganda poster needs to be updated with a massive grinā€¦maybe stick it on a massive, indestructible billboard floating in the Halaima ice field.

Where is the difference in opinion between you and me? You asked a question and I answered. You feeling insulted is your problem, not mine.

1 Like

An npc called Loyalanon should come in and destroy the mining ship, then an NPC called D400 should pod them.

Aura would give you a message like so:

ā€œLooks like a couple of Code agents have confiscated your ship and equipment. Remember, no one is safe in new eden, and danger lurks in every corner of space. If you are not prepared for the dangers that await you, you may end up losing a much more expensive ship. Always be aware of your surroundings.ā€

5 Likes

You hurt his feelings though.
Thatā€™s no different than murder.

1 Like

Oh dear, must find myself a good lawyer I guess.

1 Like

Figured heā€™d get bored of it eventually.

Itā€™s true, honestly.

If CCP would just openly acknowledge the legitimacy of CODE., then all this crying about poor highsec noobies could end. We wouldnā€™t have all these surprised miners acting confused about why they are getting ganked, or why they are getting told to pay rent. Itā€™s like in a game of Starcraft, nobody starts crying when zerglings come and eat their miners, because itā€™s understood that this is the game. Unfortunately, in EVE, there is this pretense that ā€œhigh secā€ is a noob tutorial zone.

If you want to blame anyone for griefing and generating all these miner tears, then you should blame CCP for catering to carebears, and pretending like CODE. is just some ā€œunsavoryā€ pirate group, when it is clearly a dominant alliance which enforces the law of highsec. The worst friend a new player can have is that goofus in Rookie Chat who tells him that mining permits arenā€™t ā€œrealā€.

4 Likes

Uh, would you care to fill me in on why that is? Or, if you donā€™t feel like educating my ignorant self, could you direct me to somewhere that itā€™s properly (and exhaustively) explained?

If you keep toying with someone for ā€œno real reasonā€ itā€™s called griefing, if you toy with someone for potential profit itā€™s not called griefing. So by adding a ā€œpay meā€ clause CCP gave it their stamp of approval.

CCP, making one dumb decision after another.

I am not sure I am allowed to link this stuff in the forums. But, here goesā€¦

2 Likes

CCP, not listening to entitled idiots declaring ā€˜my way is the only way, CCP !ā€™

Are you implying CCP makes sound and logical design decisions?

Surely not.

Do you happen to know if heā€™d be up for a chat sometime? Iā€™d love to talk to the guy about his experiences in EvE and what it was like being the leader of CODE.

ā€¦hooo-leeee SHIET; I didnā€™t even notice the implications there! Thatā€™s one comparison I really donā€™t want to have the tiniest smidgen of accuracy!

In their terms - which are not necessarily your termsā€¦

People who quit an eight year project usually arenā€™t in the mood to give interviews about it.

1 Like

Speaking of which, I wanted to ask you and other CODE. agents about your enjoyment of pissing miners off. Did you start out like that, or was it developed in response to the endless amount of hate and bile that they kept spewing at you?

Thanks.

[reads]

Huh, that puts things in a new light for me. Itā€™s a pity that there isnā€™t a more robust piracy system in this game, I think there are some players who would have less of a problem with that than they do with suicide ganking.

Darn. :pensive: I think I wouldā€™ve enjoyed talking with him.

Yes, we do. Because their specialty happens to be ganking miners, and like anyone who dedicates themselves to a single profession with their degree of zeal, they are very, very good at it.

I suggested one like that, except it was a dozen Catalysts instead of Raznaborgs. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I also saw a suggestion that the NPE should give players ~3 or so frigate hulls at once during the combat missions to get players used to the idea that their ships will be blown up, and not to get too upset about it.

Highsec ganking is satisfying on its own - there is a lot of planning that goes into it. This is in contrast to everywhere else where PVP is chaotic and unpredictable.

The fact that every once in a while you get somebody who goes crazy about losing a $5 internet spaceship? That is just a bonus to be savored.

Just because you say they canā€™t do that it doesnā€™t mean they are not doing this. CODE does not have enough supervisors to constantly check if people with purchased permit obey permit rules. On daily basis I see mining players who are clearly AFK for prolonged period of time, and who have that formula about permit in their bio. Apparently they donā€™t care about permit terms and rulesā€¦ I wonder why? Hmmā€¦ itā€™s probably better for CODE business to grab that 10 mln ISK and donā€™t dwell too deep, what those guys with permit do later.

These are such broad criteria that anyone can be ganked. And zkillboard confirms that.

Man, how noble and knightly on your part. This picture sums up pretty good your attitude.
unnamed

I agree, and thatā€™s one positive thing about ganking. But iā€™m not necessarily convinced that this has to happen in high-sec and to rookies. Thatā€™s all.

Thatā€™s highly unconventional way to encourage people to join corporation, Iā€™ll have to admit. Almost like utilizing Stockholm syndrome.

Avoiding being targeted by gankers is not the same as fighting back gankers. I donā€™t care about afk pilots, or those who use autopilot - gank them freely, if they left their ships in space just like that. I donā€™t care about bling fit pilots - they should be aware that they are gank magnet and they should constantly d-scan space + check local chat, when in high-sec. If they donā€™t do that - well, apparently they still donā€™t know how to play this game or they are so rich that they donā€™t care anymore.

But again, by checking zkillboard, all what I see in like 90% kill reports is just some guys in mediocre, or even pauper fits, who get ganked just because they were in wrong place, in wrong time. And they happen to fly a ship that was costly enough to made gank slightly profitable.

You know, in past I thought that CODE is a desired group operating in high-sec, thanks to their strict rules about ganking. CODE was doing decent job, fighting afk miners. But nowadays? I have the impression that for most gankers affiliated with CODE, CODE and itā€™s codex is just a hollow idea. Now itā€™s full of opportunists looking for opportunities to make insane money in high-sec, while giving a heck about foundations laid down by James 315. Which is sad.

Anyway, thank you for a normal conversation. To understand your point of view on certain matters was a refreshing experience.

You are a malicious manipulator, a common trait among forum trolls.

The best way to fight forum trolls is to consistently reveal their manipulations, so here we go: in my message to Solonius Rex Iā€™ve said that he should have a decency to call things by their names, and I was talking about ā€˜permitā€™. There was no question in my statement.

Then you showed up - you quoted fragment of my statement, used it out of context just to call me an idiot. And I donā€™t think that Iā€™ve provoked you by any means to insult me - or perhaps my opinion voiced in a cultural manner about whole ā€˜permitā€™ thing was enough to trigger you. You know, adults exchange their opinions, they often disagree, but that creates a variety of feedbacks, which is good. Immature people, when they have nothing to say, choose to derail any reasonable conversation, misrepresent othersā€™ statements, insult and s h i t p o s t.

Just like you did.

Furthermore, by checking your forum activity, Iā€™m at this point convicted that trolling and flaming is actually all what you do on EVE forum. No constructive contribution to the discussions from you in several topics, just insults and provocations.

The indifference of forum moderators to your behaviour is puzzling me.