The greatest Blog in EVE history is coming to a close

Its ccps fault really , newbs should be taught about the Code in the new player experience thing. I suggest ccp introduce a mission in the NPE where they are mining and they get ganked by agent raznaborg to introduce the concept of eve is not safe :).

1 Like

And this is part of the reason code is terrible: keep your larping to the weeb parts of the forums, thanks.

1 Like

Rubbish!

If someone chose not to pay CODE to mine, CODE would essentially drive them out of the game.

Itā€™s extortion plain and simple, what amazed me more than anything though was CCPā€™s tolerance of such behaviour.

Simply not paying wouldnā€™t do it. Getting seriously bent out of shape to the point you warranted an entry on the blog and still continued foaming at the mouth, that might.

I got the impression many people paid for the permit (and bought shares) because they supported culling the herd.

(Anyone: What is the collective noun for a group of carebears?)

1 Like

Goons?

1 Like

Thatā€™s not how collective nouns work.

So you admit that CODE did try to get players they didnā€™t like to leave the game.

But I was talking more from the view point that if you keep blowing their ships up and they canā€™t make enough to keep replacing them, they will leave.

Hmmm. Okay. How about CODE? I saw a CODE of carebears in Jita the other day.

1 Like

A Clown car. As in ā€œa clown car full of Goons and Codeā€.

As rule, nobody can compare anybody to the Big H unless they read his book.
Because anybody who reads that book will have a hard time comparing anybody to the author.

Admittedly I read a couple of chapters and felt like I was reading wall-of-texts on Reddit.

no, cause if they did, they wouldnt spend so much time posting their propaganda to remind us they exist.

Iā€™ve once started reading it.
I stopped.
I donā€™t even remember why.

Iirc itā€™s not legal to own here,
but maybe that changed.

In any case ā€¦ this does not change anything about it.
I wasnā€™t talking about the Hitler, but a Hitler(-esque figure).

In the end, I guess, it doesnā€™t matter.
Still, in a game like EVE Iā€™d rather be cautious about this.

As much as I love my fellow Eve players as hate them, I donā€™t know them enough to compare them to historical figures.

I donā€™t think you understand what Iā€™m talking about.
Iā€™m not comparing James to Hitler.

Whatever. :roll_eyes:

I didnā€™t think you were.

You could always do it in a 17 year old basic ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  kind of way. Although arguably thatā€™s worse.

No one is forcing you to stay in hisec either.

Sure, but this is all their own choice.

This ican be true for anything in hisec, though. You may only find out what a capacitor is when you run out of it and your sheild boosters no longer work and your ship gets destroyed by rats.

A few misconceptions here.

Firstly, the Mining Permit isnt a right to do whatever you want, you still cant afk autopilot even with a permit.

Secondly, we usually dont go out and search and kill specific targets. Only the ones that were especially bad or blingy or salty. Most new players that I gank, I open up a convo or send them a mail explaining what happened and what they can do to better equip and prepare themselves. If they are genuinely cool dudes, i even through in a couple million isk to them.

Its a good litmus test as to who can truly have the balls and mentality to survive and enjoy eve. We get people who never lost a ship in 10 years, then one gank after or one lost citadel after, and they quit the game with a huge tearmail thread. Then we have the new player who was ganked and takes it with stride and becomes super successful.

Or he could join us. But AG would disagree that it would be impossible to fight back. It is possible to fight back, and the way to do so is not to make yourself such a target by not being AFK, not auotpiloting, not flying around with blingy stuff, and being careful.

There is always a choice.

2 Likes

Really? So Code would hunt them down in lowsec? Nullsec? Code would topple Goonswarm and Pandemic Legion just to drive out a single miner from the game?

Its a video game where you can be anything, from an upstanding citizen who obeys the code, to a pirate, a villain, an AGer. They give you a lot of freedom to be and do what you want. Thats why EVE has lasted so long. It was different from its competitors.

1 Like

Yes, they should leave.

They should leave the system they are in if they keep finding themselves being blown up day after day.

They should leave the mindset of being in a flimsy covetor fitted out for max yield and minimal tank.

They should leave the corp that gives them zero interaction between their corpmates and zero ability for their leadership to deal with and protect their miners.

They should leave a lot of things behind, if they are targetted by code. Its a wake up call. Some choose to go back to sleep, and are surprised that they were woken up again with a ship loss. But thats their choice, and their fault.

2 Likes

And that is the part I like about CODE, as CCP took the tools away from us to do it in any other way.

1 Like