Moderation of the Forums

You forgot “, you know,”

It’s a good thing we have light enough moderation to get away with this (and popcorn-sniffing cats)

1 Like

It serves as a good example of why forum moderation is required.

The idea that we will self-regulate won’t work because the self-declared regulators will be forum obsessives who will brutalise anyone they disagree with.

2 Likes

I don’t agree, Valas. Though it may be more egregious to ignore stickies. Using the search function can be a hit and miss proposition; ranging anywhere from returning exactly what is wanted to hundreds of post containing vague references. What I have seen some players do is link a post that helps answer another players question. A great example of helping the Eve community.

1 Like

There’s nothing insulting about telling someone to ■■■■ off. Independent of that, insults are only ever a problem for the people who can’t handle them. Everyone else doesn’t give a flying ■■■■. It doesn’t matter if it’s insulting, it’s still open and honest. When it’s really a problem, is when people demand censorship for openness and emotional honesty.

CCP doesn’t police words.
They police behaviour.
For good reasons.

People who demand censorships for insults are brainwashed politically correct idiots …
… who do not deserve the freedom of expression they wish to have removed from others.

1 Like

Nice. Improving your skills? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Quick, get the fire-brigade, your scarecrow appears to be on fire…

/sad panda

Eh. Using an anonymous forum alt is one thing, but using four (maybe more?) alts that are unambiguously known to belong to the same person is kind of… weird? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

That is your prerogative.

I have found through the years when putting some effort in your investigation to find the answers to your own questions and problems most of the times you will find the answer you’re looking for. In the old days I had to go to a library to find knowledge and information. These days it is all at your fingertips but unfortunately many find searching for an answer too much effort.

This policy is shifting rapidly into the kindergarten direction since the arrival of aurora

ISD is policing behavior on forum, it includes disruptive wording. If they see someone with greatly disruptive and norms offending attitude towards the fellow players, they have to react.

They guard social norms on forum, ultimately what is norm is being decided by those who overlook the forum. Its their space, and they are administrators. We are only guests.

If you ever try to do the same thing thats disruptive, repeatedly, eventually you are being slapped on the wrist.

1 Like

Policy to match the crime then

Yeah, I mean who would do that?

Are we still speculating whether I’m an alt of a certain someone?

Look at who actually initiated the exchange. I was arguing with Zoiie about an incident in another thread. We finished that argument, then DMC responded to the last post in that discussion. So DMC was the one initiating, yet he somehow feels I’m the one “stalking” him? I haven’t talked with DMC before this. Can’t really see how I’m the instigator, when he initiated the whole thing.

People are honestly insanely paranoid in here.

What is disruptive wording exactly? Do you just want the word “■■■■” to be censored? It kind of already is censored, so why ban people further for having four squares appear in their post?

You know that, “■■■■ off” can be said in a playful context? It’s not inherently hostile. I’m not saying whether a certain individual is using it in a playful context, however from the contexts I’ve seen the responses, they are mostly just an elaborate “no”. So when you say “disruptive wording”, do you just want certain words and phrases banned from the forum? I would definitely be against that.

2 Likes

Clearly we are all alts. Of whom, I’m not exactly sure. :crazy_face:

Obviously we are all alts, the original forum posters all having left years ago…

1 Like

Or gotten themselves perma-banned.

1 Like

Kind of a funny thing to say coming from the capsuleer that could teach a masterclass in oversensitive weaponization of the report function.

1 Like

Nope, still here.

Wish I could say the same :frowning:

Maybe I’ll try another appeal now that my nemesis is no longer with the company. vOv

1 Like