Moderation of the Forums

won’t miss it anyway.

That’s cool, we won’t miss you either.

You’re welcome to the constant downvoting and partisan moderation of r/eve.

3 Likes

downvoting? You mean thats worse than posts being being hidden from 2 reports for being rude to some snowflake?
Moderation is almost non-existent on reddit, yes you get downvoted into oblivion when you post something utterly stupid there but thats ok and how it should be.

6e13799ddcee5bedfe6cd6bc95eabdd1a52d187688a2f6262780b2120910d065

You think that promoting reddit as a venue for discussion on the official forums, while slagging said forums off, isn’t utterly stupid? Maybe I should go to Amazon and promote eBay in product reviews…

3 Likes

Anyone remember Google Plus? Or “The Great Migration from Facebook”? No? Didn’t think so

Reddit isnt about discussion but downvotes and bans for those who are not agreeing with mods viewpoint.

1 Like

On the subject of political discussions, I have this to say: There is a reason RL politics is covered under rule 2. Those threads tend to get incredibly vitriolic very fast, which is why we’ve had a “This topic is being closed” stance. If I see any threads like that, they are closed for exactly that reason. If you’d like to discuss politics, I’d ask that you keep it civil or I’ll have to keep enforcing the “0 tolerance” stance that we’ve had for so long.

Also, to people calling us “superwoke assholes”, knock it off. Only warning I’ll be handing out about it.

9 Likes

@ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode out of curiosity: so like… that incident where that one guy created 42394820342 or so “Dorrim is a Nazi” threads that ultimately was responsible for giving ISD softban powers - you ever have an incident similar in magnitude before that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:? That incident certainly kept you busy for like… well, I eventually went to bed after 4 hours after it started so I think it ran longer than that, I wasn’t around when it finally died off.

1 Like

Oh yes, several. Those were the times I had to brew large pots of coffee and just sit there and spam f5 because the forum didn’t auto-update with new threads. There have been some on the new forums, but not nearly as many.

1 Like

How come you guys didn’t get softban powers before?

Perhaps maybe >>>I<<< am the one to thank since I created the ISD Appreciation thread in response and got the community suppoort on the matter :grin:? Even CCP Aurora chimed in on that before the decision was made.

There was a team before CCL that had those abilities, named CRC. They did have those powers but something went wrong. That, as they say, is that.

1 Like

This might be a bit counterintuitive, but you should let us handle those people. As an ISD, you can only lock threads/give warnings and such. But we?

We can destroy their psyches.

2 Likes

I mean, what you kids get up to in game is on you. I certainly wouldn’t want to see more spaceship on spaceship violence. Wink wink.

3 Likes

Destiny is right. I mean, look at what she has made me become via her maniacal mental machinations…

I don’t know who or what I am anymore.

1 Like

/me dry-heaves

3 Likes

Oh I wasnt referring to you, more to the posts that get Darling flagged.

Though still wont forgive that blasphemy you call a fried breakfast.

He’s not the one crying that his super important words are slightly obscured.

2 Likes

Destiny honey I’m thinking of getting some tats and piercings. Which ear is it again? (THERE’S NO RIGHT OR WRONG ANSWER)

1 Like

You people do think highly of yourselves, don’t you.

2 Likes