Moderation of the Forums

I’ve heard this response in literally every game forum I’ve every read. While true, it does not and never will justify treating someone else with disrespect.

Would you support something like:

“This idea has come up many times since the start of EVE Online. There are many reasons why it has not been implemented [list of links here] and CCP has absolutely no intention of implementing it”

or would a “flogging the dead horse” gif be better?

1 Like

Dude, you must have been gone for a while because quite a few people here want the forum rules to be enforced.

The reason these forums are garbage is because people keep spewing trash out all over the place.

3 Likes

These forums have always been garbage. Don’t fool yourself. Nothing of value has come from here, except from a very few posts.

People wanting more moderation was exactly what I was referencing. You want more moderation, yet the dude implied I was a rabid lunatic, just for questioning a throttle on local chat.

My point was, that the ‘good people’ who come up with ‘ideas’ are usually extremely toxic and have a selfish agenda themselves. So therefore I see no problem with hostile attitudes and low forum moderation.

I mean, just look at your own posts.

Not very friendly or constructive, yes?

So let the forums remain the cesspit they are, since no one is interested in fixing the issue that ‘gankers’ and ‘carebears’ will always be hostile towards each other cause of fundamental differences.

3 Likes

hqdefault

Yeah, I posted that after some arsehole decided to derail the thread, post off-topic and verbally attack me which you seem to have conveniently overlooked. Actually it was probably your alt.

Anyway, yes the forum rules should be enforced so that people like you will stop derailing threads by constantly ranting and attacking others.

1 Like

You could convey your point in a more constructive manner, if you truly believed in changing the conduct on the forums.

Instead, you now accuse me of being an alt and derailing threads. See the irony?

Again, just another reason to support low moderation, otherwise you would have to be disciplined as well.

3 Likes

And I’d welcome that very much if it got people like you to stop your incessant whining.

1 Like

People like me?

Show me where I’ve whined? Again, you are accusing and attacking people for unrelated stuff. You don’t uphold yourself to your own standards, why the hell would anyone need to be civil on these forums then?

Just another reason to keep these forums less draconian, if you wish to continue posting in here.

1 Like

You’re the 4th most frequent poster in this thread, you’ve posted the same rant 9 times now and you keep dragging others into the thread so you can keep posting.

I’m done with you and your ranting.

Ok, very constructive stuff.

Another example of the ‘good guys’ doing ‘good’ things.

Why have you liked my posts enough to be the 3rd on my list? Was that when I was parodying Balos?

2 Likes

Relevant to this point. As can be seen above, DMC a ‘nice guy’ forum regular is not really that nice at all. Which is the point many of us are making in here, that these ‘nice’ people are extremely toxic and reacts toxic, when experiencing resistance towards their ideas, even civil and constructive criticism. Most of it is just deemed trolling and then the accusations and attacks come. Let’s just be honest, we are on the internet and everyone is an asshole.

So unless ISDs want to be extremely heavy handed, my point still stands that the forums should remain light on moderation. It’s a playground for ■■■■ posting, let it be what it is.

2 Likes

Funny, you sound exactly like the guy who started stuff with me in that other thread and the both of you sound exactly like Mr. F-off and his buddy alts, especially since you’re referring to me as DMC.

I don’t know who you are and I really don’t care. Now get this through your thick head, I never claimed to be Mr. Nice Guy and I definitely won’t let people like you try to slap me around with your lies and incessant ranting.

1 Like

Yes, let the rage run through you.

I thought you were done with me?

2 Likes

I’m sorry, are you two not going to fight at the sun in rifters? Because I’m pretty sure that’d be more fun that me having to issue more warnings for being disruptive.

11 Likes

I mean, think most of the stuff I wrote is relevant.

We’re talking about how people like Nicolai are toxic. I’m just arguing that many people, including the ‘nice guys’ are toxic. So unless you want to rule the forums with a heavy hand, people are going to be assholes. Isn’t this the point of this thread, discussing forum moderation?

1 Like

On the forums, it would be best not to name names or confront someone about their toxicity. Better to describe “character traits” moderators should further scrutinize like “someone where 80% of his posts are ‘■■■■ off’ or something along those lines” rather than naming someone you had in mind specifically. And definitely don’t go into a hey-man-you’re-toxic-no-i’m-not-screw-you spat because it’s not constructive and has no place here. I’m not referring to you two in the above specifically - I see this happen all the time on the forums between different people, it’s just kind of embarrassing to watch.

2 Likes

The point of the warning is so that you reconsider what you’re doing, so that we don’t have to be heavy handed. That isn’t something anyone enjoys doing, believe me. So when a warning is issued, please take it into consideration before we have to use our new abilities.

3 Likes

Is there a way to PM ISDs, cause now I’m honestly confused.

Are you issuing me a warning regarding the stuff I regard as relevant, i.e. arguing that all people are to some degree toxic and that the forums should allow for this?

Or are you issuing a warning specifically towards my exchange with DMC, which I agree I don’t need to continue with.

The two characters that I recently interacted with were both recently created on 2020/04/28 08:12 and 2020/05/16 15:44.

They keep referring to me as DMC saying I’m a forum regular so they’re obviously not new people which means they’re alts of somebody’s main.

Seems the old saying ‘Post with your main’ is very relevant in this situation, especially if they’re going to try to portray me as an instigator of forum flame wars.

I have no desire to interact with them and I’d appreciate the same from them.

1 Like