Moderation of the Forums

Maybe, probably supplying information about the DDOS attacks. Forgot about it.

Yes yes, because CCP mines these forums for all their ideas…

Nice satirical humor! If the rumors are true, they spend more time on Reddit …

1 Like

I get banned pretty regularly on the D3 forum for calling out people in my subtle way that aren’t half as toxic as most that post here. Though just as stupid. The mods are real sticklers over “personal attacks” unlike this forum.

The difference is that over there I can’t just make a new acct to post with so I have to wait it out for a week to a month. And to be honest, knowing that consequence I do occasionally hit delete instead of post because of it. That is easily bypassed here in the good ol’ EVE-O forum.

This is my round about way of saying that one of the worst things in this forum is allowing Alphas to post. There are zero repercussions for being a douche as they can start posting again in about a minute with a new character of nearly the same name.

Let them read the forum. Give them a special little Alpha forum all their own. Let them ask questions in the new player forum even. Just - for the love of all that’s sane in the world - keep them off the main boards.

Also. It would be nice if that list the ISD keep posting in their lock posts applied to everyone.

5 Likes

I was thinking of the news of late, and realized that indeed, too many people think their narratives are gospel.
This is why I like situations where EVERYBODY gets slapped in the face. And I’ll take one too.

ACCELERATE

2 Likes

Removed some off topic posts.

3 Likes

Search option is there for a reason.

Most… “ideas” are so overly selfish or simply not in tune with what EVE stands for that there are really just 3 choices:

• it’s a troll post: these need to be shut down asap because they’re dumb and only exist to cause trouble
  • it’s skewed or silly OP: only honest reply to those is “stop being dumb” as you can’t reason with someone who is incapable of realising how dumb or OP his own ideas are or he just pretends to not understand.
  • a newbie making “suggestions” beyond his own experience level (mostly just troll posts though). Honest reply “why do you think that a newbie who has zero understanding on the game should come up with changes to that game”.

There’s no point in discussing the merit of an idea when it’s a troll idea, a moronically overpowered idea or when it’s made by someone who has no understanding of the game. Sadly almost all “ideas” fall into one of these three categories, some do not.

3 Likes

Most of these ‘idea’ threads start out negative anyway. The person who initiate these threads, usually have some selfish agenda spurred from a recent personal loss incident. All attempts at explaining the current mechanics and how the suggested change make no sense, are just deflected with hostility.

Recent example thread

So if we’re to moderate ‘negative’ responses towards other people on the forums, we should be equally zealous about moderating these useless ranting threads.

On another game forum, the way they’ve solved this, is to have a specific ‘ranting’ section where they allow a lesser moderated exchange between people, while the rest of the forums are more strictly moderated.

1 Like

It was traditional for C&P to have looser rules than other sections, RP and Recruitment threads the most.

That seems to have got diluted in the last few years.

It all went down the drain when we lost CAOD, where all the autists went to spam their nonsense, so we all knew what forum to avoid.

1 Like

Another example of how these ‘good boys’ with their ‘great ideas’ are extremely toxic.

For questioning the use of chat throttling, one is a rabid lunatic.

never knew space had sodium chloride.

It’s nothing about salt. It’s relevant to this specific thread, regarding negativity on these forums. Maybe read the thread.

Your reply above doesn’t help.

Negativity in Eve? maybe they need to paint the stars and background brighter to improve the mood, more Feng Shui

I mean, my opinion is that these forums are garbage and should stay with low moderation.

The things you spew here just supports this notion. You don’t even read the relevant thread and post some ■■■■ posts cause someone questioned your suggestion in another thread?

Forums are optional and not mandatory to play the game, you’re the one that dragged me in here by tagging me

You could ignore it? As many people suggest, when people start crap idea/ranting threads.

So can you

I’m not the one that wishes more moderation. You are the one that wants to impose chat restrictions cause your voice is drowned in the spam.

Again, I think these forums are garbage and should stay as such. I think in-game spam is fine, cause you can just mute people. You are the ones that advocate for change.

1 Like