Monthly Economic Report - May 2021

How much salvage/rigs comes from null to jita?

Cause low sec ratting is worth more than before and hi-sec ratting is untouched (except maybe more blitzers thanks to marauders).

looks like the anti-industry changes really worked

4 Likes

CCP developers at work:

14 Likes

They really live by their tagline: ā€œBuild your dreams and wreck theirsā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

T2 logi, wich is present in every incursion fleet, takes like 2 months training time.

Good enough for public groups to offer inshurence for a 5 bil Battleship at 20mil ISK

500m t2 logi - thats like 2 hours to return on investment?

Carrier ratting is less profitable and FAR more dangerous then joining an incursion fleet.

1 Like

Well said. I have an alt that can ONLY fly the common fits for basilisks and scimitars and the gila. So if my null space gets camped I log him on and run incursions and if there is no high sec incursion , its to abyssals I go. I even skill extracted my old burner mission alt because with abyssals I dont need that much SP tied up in social skills anymore.

That totally short cuts the meaningfulness of what happens in the rest of eve, because high sec pve is the perfect ā€œhelms deepā€ you can retreat to if you cant pve in your own null, wormhole or low sec/fw space. No need to ā€œninja ratā€ in null ever again.

I didnā€™t say it was, i am implying a lot of producing players left the gameā€¦
Which seems to impact even T1 production that was not nurfed

I myself used to buy bulk Abyss BPCs to produce, not bothering anymore, my Indy corp is covered with a few months worth of dust. No desire to log in on industrial alt.

1 Like

Not related to salvage. There is no such thing as hisec ratting and since there are iHUBS is low I donā€™t think that low sec ratting is focused on anomalies at lest not near same quantities as in null.

Rigs? Low to non. Not worth extra transport cost. Salvage? Considering that salvaging anoms in null had (I didnā€™t do ratting after ESS) almost same value (and loot) per site as bounties. I suspect that biggest source of salvage is ratting and exploration.

I should have said hi-sec missions.

I just donā€™t know if null folks move their salvage/rigs to hi-sec or just consume it where they are.

Given how plentiful t1 salvage is in this game I doubt it matters. But if there is profit to make then it will get transported, the volume of salvage is small enough that it would be easy.

I donā€™t see why industrialists are complaining about things missing from the market, it sounds like an opportunity to me. Iā€™m sure someone will fill the gap soon enough.

if daily peak online falls from 33k to 23k thatā€™s ~33% of population, you dont think it has impact on fluidity of the market?

8 Likes

Sure, if no one is buying thatā€™s a problem.

But the comment in this thread was complaining about a lack of supply. If the volume of goods on sale is low, then demand is exceeding supply, prices will rise and profit is there to be made - thatā€™s an opportunity not a problem.

Thatā€™s a misunderstanding on the latter. The original complain is more implying that the market is drying up and people are not producing even the basic things because no one wants to buy them.

Just look at the Indices:

• MPI, PPI SPI are all down but CPI is up
  • Production level is lowest level in the past 5 years.
  • Average online players count are hitting 5 year low as well (yes, even worse than blackout).

Iā€™m not an economist at all, but from those info, I gather people are leaving in droves and industrialists are considering lots of things are not worth the hassle to produce. Even when they are produced, the price listed (cost adjusted to CPI) are putting the buyers off, yet, any lower and the seller/producer donā€™t think itā€™s worth their time.

If you look at the graphp0rns from A4E, you can see that effect of ā€œOver supplyā€, not demand > supply as you said for even lower and primary tiers commodities and products are affecting the entire economy.

If you separate all Eve Store items from the CPI, I wonder how different it would look like as it is shown now.

3 Likes

A quick back of the envelope calculation suggests that less than half the figure is HS. Unless the vanguard sites are being run way more than they used to be.

Thereā€™s a big problem youā€™re missing, the cost to produce most ships is significantly higher than the cost to buy them on the market. There are years of stockpiles which will take years to deplete. So unfortunately, no, there isnā€™t much incentive in terms of profit margins to produce things right now.

This is why I like Briscā€™s preferred approach to deplete the stockpiles, rather than try to ā€œforceā€ players to use them building ships at a loss, they instead reverse scarcity and provide new big things for the people sitting on stockpiles to build, mega titans, mother ships, new infrastructure - that kind of thing. Economy would unfuck itself, players would have new shiny things to spend their resources on which feels much nicer than scarcity.

On the ISK side, CCP could introduce new skins/cosmetics you can only buy with ISK rather than PLEX. Look at other games, WoW introduces new mounts regularly that you can only buy with gold to help keep their economy in check. But like a lot of companies I suspect Marketing will see spending art resource on skins that arenā€™t then sold for PLEX (money) as a lost opportunity, but itā€™s actually a means to improve the product by balancing the econ - insert Steve Jobs Marketing/Product video here.

Tackle it on the demand side not supply. Feels better for the players as itā€™s introducing new content rather than restricting/removing it!

7 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

The original comment I replied to was about t1 rigs, they havenā€™t been touched, so a lack of supply should create a opportunity for profit.

On the ship front I donā€™t believe that the supplies of t1 battleships and faction ships are big enough to require years to exhaust.

Also the supplies donā€™t need to be exhausted for the price to settle close to the new build cost, if it looks low then people will flood the market now to make a quick profit and then the market will settle due to over-supply. If the eventual price looked high then people with stock would hold onto it and cause the price to rise, then sell once the new price was achieved. Either way after an initial rise the price will settle close to build cost, this looks like what is happening at the moment. It looks like t1 battleships will settle around 300mil

Any attempt to calculate the relationship has to take into account the changes in the null landscape, as one of the more active nullsec incursion groups has been more or less inactive for a year.

Just the hull on a guardian is 57 days. Thatā€™s before you worry about ANY of the modules that need to be fitted.

I already acknowledged that theyā€™ve gotten good at mitigating the risks. That doesnā€™t mean the risk isnā€™t there still.

Show me the fleet flying bare logi hulls with no modules.

The modules that are, depsite your thinking, actually required to actually perform useful functions as a logi cruiser are worth a few billion isk on top of the hull cost - the remote armor reppers alone currently cost 350m each, and the least we ever fit on a ship is 4 (and thereā€™s up to 7 on a Nestor, with a bare hull price of close to 2b isk these days).

An average bastion marauder easily costs 6b isk (and thatā€™s before abyssal modules), and the pilots fly around with billions of isk of implants too.

Carrier ratting is dangerous, sure - but is that because itā€™s inherently more risky, or because carrier pilots arenā€™t doing as good a job at mitigating risks?

Carrier ratting is 99% safe imo (if we are talking about ship, fighters are likely to loose). But with introduction of bounty risk modifier and ESS which is stolen almost every time profit is very low nowadays unfortunately. Like previous nerf was not enough.

3 Likes