Nearby Exoplanet

The Voyager I spacecraft traveled at 17 km per second (or 17,000 m /s).
Compared to the speed of light , at 299 792 458 m / s , or 299,792.458 km per second,
it is = 5.670598281475156e-5 or 0.000 056 7 % of the speed of light.

At that rate, it would take 86,000 years to reach Alpha Centauri at 4.3 light years.

So, this is less than 0.1% of the speed of light (at which rate it would take 4,300 years) or at 0.01% of it for 43,000 years.
Half of that speed is 0.005% of the speed of light and would take 86,000 years for the trip to get there.

There was a discovery of an habitable planet in Proxima Centauri b.

A signal from a probe over there would take around 4 years and some to get back.
A second probe could be used to store more data and to compare the signal time and adjust it with our time.
At such a distance, a small fraction of time will matter greatly for the exactitude of that time.

It would be possible to send new probes with the updated data from the previous findings, if not 86,000 years later.
It would be easier to send probe or signaling systems which may not be capable of other tasks like, getting specific data type for navigation, mining, or construction.

0.005 67 % of the speed of light if just a little bit faster than 0,005% and would take a few years off that list.

(There’s also other factors to consider such as the space moving away…
If the space itself, in which that solar system is in, is also moving, the time to reach it would be a little longer.
That system is getting further away from us with time.)

86,000 years can be compared to the human species longevity, and is possibly longer than the Sphynx exist.

Umm ok?

I’m guessing English isn’t there native language.
Which is fine.

Basically I think what they are saying is

Voyager has been travelling pretty fast (by our standards) for quite a while, and hasn’t really gotten very far on an interstellar scale.

The distances between stars are just too big for our current best technologies, and that makes travelling to them virtually impossible. According to current theories we’ve been running around on this planet for ~250,000 years, there are exoplanets recently discovered that would take a generation-ship a similar timescale to travel to.

tl/dr
Space is big
Our technology is too crappy for us to have fun in it.

Not as big as…

…YO MAMA!

I’m calculating the numbers of years that the

point 67 % part of the speed of light , or, 0.000,006,7 % of the speed of light,

from the 0.000,056,7 % of the speed of light ratio calculated above

would take off from the 86,000 years approximation.

It could be greater than 10% less time since
the speed is 2/3 faster than if it would be only half of that 43,000 years .

Additionally, l am reviewing 2 percentages in the original post, as one of the 2 seems to be a number which is not a percentage.
The magnitude of difference is exactly of 100 or, 3 decimal digits, which may very well be the case.

It may be over 1,000 or 10,000 times more simple to communicate with that system (Alpha Centauri) than to go there.
This includes sending data in electronic format or other similar format.

It would have to be reliable enough and new systems can be develop to deal with the time frame involved to receive and send communications.

In other words, we would have to communicate in programs, or, message packets, because there would be years in which we could not interact directly.
We could send programs in 4.3 years, and get feedback from them 4.3 years after they completed their procedures and proceedings.
To send updates from the data received would take another 4.3 years which is equal to triple that amount. 4.3 x 3 = 12.9 years.
This, is including data back from there before being sent back…
If the data from there is included in a system which is arriving there, and sent before the arrival back from the reply, if the data is met at halfway, it would take the time to send the first one, 4.3, plus half the way back, 2.15 + the other 2.15 back on it’s way there, while the first reply is coming back to us in our system = 8.6 years.

Two generations should not be enough except for part of the first one way trip.
This does not include generations on board the system to travel there.
This includes only the time-frame involved for unmanned system with no life on board to go there.

Also, it may be possible to “leave things” to be seen later along the way.
This may not be the best option, as it could slow down the process.
However, if it can improve the chance to get resources there, or to be able to use resources required to get there, it may be an option.

If we can see there, it may be possible to see us from there as well, and so therefore, we are already there.

There could be other ways to get there.

The calculation error could be in the figure:
“The Voyager I spacecraft traveled at 17 km per second (or 17,000 m /s).
Compared to the speed of light , at 299 792 458 m / s , or 299,792.458 km per second,
it is = 5.670598281475156e-5 or 0.000 056 7 % of the speed of light.”

when compared to :
“So, this is less than 0.1% of the speed of light (at which rate it would take 4,300 years) or at 0.01% of it for 43,000 years.
Half of that speed is 0.005% of the speed of light and would take 86,000 years for the trip to get there.”

Unfortunately, I don’t have the time for that now, and I will verify this later.
It is merely arithmetic and does not include the expansion of space itself in which the speed of light is directly affected (which does involve mathematical calculations rather than arithmetic only , in scope).

Edit:
Yes, that was it, the first number is not a percentage but a ratio.
So, the second percentage number is correct.

Edit 2:
If
1 / x of 0.5 =
reciproc (0.5)

and
1 / x of 0.567
reciproc (0.567)
1.763 668 4
= 7.58377412

then,
= 75,837 years.

Communication Warfare attack against the communication could also delay the system or cause other results, potentially negative.

Yah know, you could have just said “space is big”. Instead of all the technobabble :stuck_out_tongue:

no babble

In fact, space is big enough that the systems which in the biggest part are getting away from us faster than the speed of light.

Perhaps, I suggest that you do revise it before.

Your suggestion clearly would not lead us anywhere at that rate.

I am studying and working on this for over 10 years.
The first publication on this subject was attacked and I managed to keep track of it.

I bet you know some people who want to start a war over it.
I do so happen to copyright this for business among other works.
It would be a good opportunity to add a military forensic element to it.

I could also apply for patents but the scope won’t allow protection outside of their limits.

Are you perhaps this guy who builds warp engine in garage? :thinking:

I never heard of it, but I don’t see much use for it at this time.
I’m pretty sure we would need much more efficient systems to have any use for it.

I would not be surprised if someone went to knock on his garage to propose him some security system for use, to implement with his building.

Space is big, even for speed of light travel. Instead of the technobabble.

Quote Memphis Bass :
"Space is big, even for speed of light travel. Instead of the technobabble."

If you read your own technobable you would have realized that space is bigger than light, and that it does travel faster than light.

It would have helped you if you verify your bias before attacking someone else.

This is compared to a 10 million years time frame for both the space and the light and its relative speed of light to expand in relation to one another.

I’m not going to include how many times the speed of light is warped when comparing the increasing rate of distance with the most distant systems outside of the Milky Way.
This is due to astronomical scales which very well may not be required to reach the distance you obstinately persist into coercing into technobable, no matter how much sense it would make not to be.

Let me take this elsewhere.
It may be more meaningful, and I may not have to get stuck in the same traps.
It seems like trying to reason with an enemy when there is no sense to be trying to reason with except by spying.

And good luck with whoever tries to give back to you what you give onto others, may it be technobable, war or other “stick-to” labels, including positiveness.
Sometimes, if you try to make the argument positive, they may just very well become, even if the argument intended is war.
War is not always negative, and under those circumstances, it would delay the system and signal to get back, in the same direct proportions.

It’s more cost-efficient to disagree with at this time, more worthwhile and less vain.

Even if you accelerated your video up to a hundred thousand times, it would equal to around 8.556 years, not 450,000 years, which is around half a million years.
Even 32,000 years is longer than that, if half the trip at that rate.

When people don’t think they can help , it may very well be that they can’t , and that they have no sincere intentions to, no matter how they may portray their intentions to try to get credit from it.
Just about what level of technobable do you specialize in labeling?
I don’t see how the people on my side would benefit from this.
Is there some kind of money to gain from it or what?

What you refer to is Operational Feasibility.
You don’t want me to communicate this in this channel and that is the reason why you refer to it as technobable.
To you, it is undesirable, and it gives you nothing.

Three Tests for Project Feasibility

1. Operational Feasibility is a measure of how well the solution of problems or a specific alternative solution (technobable) will work in the organization. It is also a measure of how people feel about the system.
  2. Technical Feasibility
  3. Economic Feasibility

Now, I don’t need an explanation as to you why don’t feel good about it , and others either.
You’ve been telling me in 2 posts something different because you “feel like it”.
If I agree and my project fail, I have to take extra measures to counter the negative effect it poses.

10,000,000 years is also a lot longer than 86,000 years.
Do the arithmetic.

There are certain projects I rather develop and work on my own than to associate with entities’ goals to oppose mine.
It’s less contradictory of the purpose of association and perhaps less dissenting, if they are or did gain advantage, profit or other security from it.
Sometimes, it’s more worthwhile to work with people who “feel good” about a project rather than make it worthless in their estimation, whether by written, verbally, or other physical or mental means.
War is a form of that.

At any rate, technobable is of no use for my projects, and would interfere with the value of my projects.
That value is not the value which parties who feel like attacking them, or “not liking it” would like to have them attributed with.
I don’t have much use for what they value for some reasons…

There is a moment in future, and its becasue of how space expansion is constantly speeding, that the night sky on every planet in universe will be completely black. That is something unusual. :thinking:

Our Sun will take Mercury, Venus and Earth into it’s field in the next 1 to 2 billion years.
The sky will differ greatly.

The energy between 2 solar systems is much greater than the energy within one solar system.
It can be at least double, but there are obvious reasons as to why there is at least one more factor with it’s related energy at play.
In fact, there are also other dimensions involved at that scale.
From the last 30 years of data from Alpha Centauri, the distance changed from around 4.2 light years to 4.3 light years apart.
That is attributed in fact to the calculation methods for this distance, but also partly due to the expansion of space itself.
In other words, our Sun is moving, and so are the planets in our solar system, in relation to the Sun, which pulls all those forces together around it’s own energy fields.
Alpha Centauri stars are also moving, partly away from our Sun, although, I believe, it may be moving in a general direction away from an original point, or, away from original points.
So, even if both solar system were moving in the same direction, they are moving away from each other to a certain degree, and in terms of specific distance, along with the energies involved.
Now, I don’t think that the nearest solar system is moving away at a speed of 0.1 light years per 30 years, at which rate, we would never reach it.
It is moving in fact, slower than that, even though it is moving away from our solar system, including our comets and other forces inside.

I think the stars movements can be related to the energy phase they are in, or what kind of stars they are.
Perhaps our sun will be moving faster once it starts to grow in size and gain mass and energy.
There is a point which astronomers have found that our sun is moving to.

k couldn’t resist…

• mom… mom…
    the idea is by the time voyager or any probe reaches an objective that is of enough interest we technologically will have surpassed that technology that sent the probe by that time & it will be a mute subject.

• are we there yet?
    we can communicate by Laser now & will be capable of communicating with anyone or any ‘thing’ long before the time any probes reach their objectives.

• speed of light
    once there was a sound barrier until we learned to ride the ‘wave’. so maybe we just need to learn how to ride light waves as well so that may be possible one day but even then it’s still slow in the big picture. ain’t it

• we so stupid…
    we’re not as smart as we think we are, anyone or thing that has the technology to hear our messages and to actually reach earth would be so advanced we would be lucky to be even their pets & probably more likely to be enslaved or part of bigger ‘Food Chain’ so as many of our greatest scholars have theorized do we really want to meet what’s out there once we do find them or it?

• there is no Hope
    so our only hope is that if we ever are visited by a technologically advanced civilization that they are Chuck Berry Fans and only come to take over our Music Industry.

• Play more Eve
    this is silly… you are watching too much YouTube… reading too much stuff on the internet… you’re trying to think way too much and not playing enough games! so crawl back in you holes and play more Eve!

Sphynx ? 86,000 years?? you sure ??? you positive ??
don’t even no what to say about that ^^^

… enjoy life while you can… they’re coming… and they’re coming for You!..

make that 4 billion years instead of 1 or 2, we almost just gained double the time, or did we?

Blockquote
“mom… mom…
the idea is by the time voyager or any probe reaches an objective that is of enough interest we technologically will have surpassed that technology that sent the probe by that time & it will be a mute subject.”

• ->> That would be good way to use the previous technology and / or science, to integrate it in the system up-to-date or updated system and update the new system again.
    Much more on this data system indeed…

“are we there yet?
we can communicate by Laser now & will be capable of communicating with anyone or any ‘thing’ long before the time any probes reach their objectives.”

• ->> Yes, but we have no systems there to deal with it from there yet.

“speed of light
once there was a sound barrier until we learned to ride the ‘wave’. so maybe we just need to learn how to ride light waves as well so that may be possible one day but even then it’s still slow in the big picture. ain’t it”

• ->> Right, in the proper system , it would become easier with more infrastructure , for instance, communication.

“we so stupid…
we’re not as smart as we think we are, anyone or thing that has the technology to hear our messages and to actually reach earth would be so advanced we would be lucky to be even their pets & probably more likely to be enslaved or part of bigger ‘Food Chain’ so as many of our greatest scholars have theorized do we really want to meet what’s out there once we do find them or it?”

• ->> It’s hard to get their reply so far if and when they did get us.
    But yes, it is a good idea not to cause their undue problems or worst, and to protect ourselves.
    However, I believe it is more important to deal with our current physical system in which we live and still suffer from.
    Namely, environmental scope disaster, such as earthquake, hurricanes, tornadoes, and other “Acts of God”.
    That way, we may be better prepared when a potential problem comes from other system.
    Better safe than sorry (or worst).

“there is no Hope
so our only hope is that if we ever are visited by a technologically advanced civilization that they are Chuck Berry Fans and only come to take over our Music Industry.”

• ->> Is this for an Official Movie soundtrack?

“Play more Eve
this is silly… you are watching too much YouTube… reading too much stuff on the internet… you’re trying to think way too much and not playing enough games! so crawl back in you holes and play more Eve!”

• ->> It can be a good exercise for calculations.

“Sphynx ? 86,000 years?? you sure ??? you positive ??
don’t even no what to say about that ^^^”

Now, I didn’t see those videos yet, except for a few,
but there is evidence that the Sphinx was built before floods.
Also, there is evidence that the North African continent , namely, the Sahara desert, becomes lush with water, every so often, although I forgot the current scientific figure.
It’s around every 30,000 years or so, maybe less, but not likely more.
The water from the South moves North, and the water underground is greater in mass and volume than the water of the Great Lakes combined.
There is water near the Sahara, however, there is a drought which causes it to go underground.
The cause of the water and humidity going back North is due to a wobble in the Earth rotation.

Edit:
I’m not saying that insurance is not good to offer payments to replace damage caused by Acts of God, or the omission of it, depending on the clauses.
However, what I am referring to is that is may be possible to design systems which are better organized to prevent damage from those conditions.
What would otherwise be destroyed and leave nothing behind, perhaps with forfeiture of information or other work, may be able to be saved or used, or other.

For instance, the Fukushima reactor 10 meters high sea-wall was a good idea, but just how much higher would it have required to prevent the tsunami to go over it with the width that it had.
What was the amount of weight or mass of water displacement that it could withstand?

I wonder if 20 or 30 meters higher would have sufficed given the severity of the case.
I am pretty sure it is a record high problem which was caused and that there never was a more severe instance before.
So, the work done to prevent damage was good, and the improvements to increase the prevention level can use the previous work data, despite that it is not without any costs.
(It would cost more initially to save more in the long run.)

_Edit 23:27:
Perhaps, if we had a system even halfway from there, or 25% of the way from here to there, or even 10% of it, our sensors would get a more accurate reading as to what is going on there.
Needless to say, if we had system on site, we’d be able to analyse their system in details and get the communication in 4.3 years.
The signals we not get from there are double that time, or 8.6 years with the return trip.
Of course, our sensors get the emission from them in 4.3 years.
I am not sure which sensors are the most accurate for this at this time, but it may change from time to time.

There is some time related comparison:

As long as its only robotic probes, we could actually do it, it just would cost a tremendous amount of money, several decades of work and a bit of luck. Something simple like a cheap ion drive fueled by nuclear power cells could do a flyby, for example. Continuous small acceleration could get it over there in less than 50 years. Statistically, you just have to throw out enough cheap probes like this and sooner or later, one will survive the voyage and send back usable data.

The best thing: If the first attempts fail, every new attempt will be made after 50+ years of technological advancement, so the chances of success on every new attempt would go up!

right, + it’s going to be valuable data

Make sure to fix the damage along the way though.

I’m pretty sure there’d be some way to set up mid points along the way for communication and, transport purposes.

Like, how many probes do we have set up in our own solar system?
I remember seeing a few which were off the planar scale, and along the other perpendicular orientation, although this probably costs more energy.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.