Need advice on recourse for many lost billions on Marauder

Just take it to the test server and play with it and get to know its weaknesses before taking it out on the live server.

3 Likes

You will find that happens more and more as the details flow in. :+1:

So, some people who happen to be good at manipulating people managed to con some people into endlessly sending more stuff? Sounds like just an extended version of a standard scam.

I saw another article which randomly started mentioning mental disabilities, but Iā€™m not sure where that came from or if itā€™s legit. If the victim had a mental disability which could be proved medically, I suppose thatā€™d be grounds for undoing of the scam. Otherwise, itā€™s eve, and itā€™s a scam. All allowed.

CODE. are angels.

so exactly how many ā€œlost billionsā€ did you actually lose OP?

Not that iā€™m gonna help you out, but it shouldnā€™t have been very much at all that you lostā€¦ and you can recoup itā€¦

It is not allowed though. The fine print is they were recording them in teamspeak and then posting hours of recordings on the internet for all to see.

They were likely fine up until the point of unauthorized recording and posting outside of the game all over the internet.

As I said before some of that stuff is still out thereā€¦

Ah, so the real problem was that they used the scam to harass the victim everywhere? That makes sense, if they took it to outside the game then they should face consequences for that

1 Like

There was a particular case that CCP didnā€™t like, so they banned everybody.

From what Iā€™m hearing, this scam went beyond just taking a foolish dudeā€™s assets in an internet spaceships game. They harassed the dude for over an hour and a half while he was crying, raging, and they spread the news about his idiocy to his wife, friends, family, work boss, etc. That, if you ask me, is taking things way too far

4 Likes

Source?

5 Likes

I think he had a speech impediment or something. The optics were really bad and I think CCP was afraid of bad publicity, so they cancelled the Bonus Room.

Try to play dumb not work here.

is right this Polarize SCAM

This has got to be a joke.

So are you running crystals? I will assume HG used by the poster/streamer. Also probaby forgot to put in combat drugs being used. If used that is. Crystal with combat drugsā€¦man you could make even a ship truly meant to armor tank be a pro shield tank setup.

If they went polarized resists no matter what they do go to crap. HG crystal with deadspace boostersā€¦works off really boosting the crap out of the boosts. No crystal this fit will die. Thatā€™s a no brainer. Its EHP is taking hits from crap resists.

Less resists you need way more shield boost/ armour rep.

1 Like

Iā€™d hope so, but I think this guy is serious.

@Bishop_Don_Juan No one scammed you. For something to be a scam, theyā€™d need to be trying to trick you AND get something out of it. Did you pay Anderson or the other person any money?

You lost your ship because you didnā€™t know what you are doing. This is the cost of doing something dumb in EVE. I think the mods should delete your post as a rant.

1 Like

This reminds me of the lady that spilled hot coffee on herself and then sued McDonalds.

1 Like

She won the game though didnā€™t sheā€¦

It was overturned later.

Afaik tho, she was in the right on that case, because the coffee was burning hot beyond reason and she had to get medical attention for the burn, but McDonalds offered practically 0 compensation

3 Likes

So, your source that we ā€œpush those fitsā€ is?

Claiming people took acts without a proof is defamation.

3 Likes