Negative/toxic culture towards new players

Have they introduced charges?

I did mention making people more aware of all helpful and useful materials needed to help them learn the game :slightly_smiling_face: this includes the forums.

I was riffing on boomerisms :stuck_out_tongue:

…my feedo likes his avocado lattes and netflix btw

Eve University is free and online…as are 20,000 ‘how to’ videos that didn’t exist 10 years ago.

Cost of an Athanor ? Fueled up, about £10. Even I can afford one on my pension.

1 Like

No, I do get it, RGC, but for the life of me I cannot understand the lack of effort invested by some new players in a game which is about (among other things) rewarding effort.

1 Like

tbh thats a thing I don’t really understand. Safer? Why safer? 99.99% of all people in HS are never ganked. You can learn everything you need to know about how to avoid being ganked in less than a day. It’s not even witchcraft, it’s some basic 1+1 and paying attention. And you want it safer? Why?

2 Likes

Pensioners are literally the wealthiest demographic though :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol. You should save that one for April 1st.

Rookie channel would have people talking/crying/asking about being ganked a whole lot more than it is now (less than once a day or even several days). It’s simply not a newbie issue.

1 Like

Oh I agree but most people don’t and won’t go out of their way to look up things they feel should be provided for them. I’ll take this back to a job. You start a new job, should they provide you everything you need to do the job or should you look it up yourself?

2 Likes

If they cared they would have fixed the issue while you still worked for them. Not waited until you left. They only wanna make sure you aren’t planning to sue them or try to make the company look bad now that you aren’t working for them. Possibly even make you sign paperwork.

If we wanted to take a look at your standpoint here with exit interviews. Do you believe a suitable option would be for CCP to send a notification to anyone who uninstalls or deletes a character asking them to specify why in an attempt to make improvements based on those metrics gathered?

There are aspects of any job which are performed differently according to the prevalent culture. For those, help is welcome. But I bring to any job for which I’ve been hired the experience and accumulated information which informed the decision of my (then) potential employer at interview. Also, I looked carefully at their track record and available (public) data. I think the Americans call it ‘due diligence’. I call it common sense.

1 Like

and then

proving Aiko right yet again

meanwhile

1 Like

No, RGC, I don’t. It wouldn’t work. I think a lot of folks simply ignore such requests - a bit like your not doing exit interviews; once you’re gone, you’re gone!

1 Like

This is exactly why I asked you the question :slightly_smiling_face: like I said. If they cared they would fix the problem while people are still here not after they’ve left.

I think it’s probably because they don’t regard it as a problem for them.

About jobs: If you’re good (and they know you’re good) and you leave, they might have a genuine interest in why you’re going.

About EVE: If you go, someone will come along and take your place, whatever you think needs fixing. If, however, you’ve been around a while, made a name for yourself, subbed lots of accounts and invested in their horrible little SKINs, etc., they might well be troubled, but only if a significant number of players of this type decide to bail.

All things are not equal.

1 Like

What you are suggesting is harrassment via unsolicited email to somebody who has quit wanting nothing more to do with the game. Most lilkely they have moved on to some carebear game like final fantasy XIV ,strutting around as a bunny girl.

1 Like

Capsuleers come and go all the time with some returning and others staying.

& Don’t you think that Fangs on a bunny are cute?

2 Likes

Her dad is probably not thrilled about her life choices

4 Likes