Nerf AFK moon mining

I was being sincere.

Its not that it is profitable, since litteraly any other activity in the game outperforms high-sec mining.

The issue is that:

  1. It is extreamly low risk.
  2. It can be done while not sitting at your computer.
  3. It scales with multiple accounts.

When you combine these traits, you end up with a system that is easily abused and goes against the spirit of the game.

3 Likes

You should think more before posting. The only bullet point saving your post of being used against Safety is the number 2.

I have done the math before but I’ll do it again for you orca makes 825k isk / h mining the highest grade moon goo in high sec. (Not including drone flight time or rats) giving them a profit of 594mill isk per month per account. Meaning they are about 1.8bill isk short of plexing said account. The only thing that grows with size is the massive amount of debt plexing these accounts cost.

I seriously doubt an Orca makes less than 1 mil per hour.

Bro literally thinks CCP bans AFK miners.

2 Likes

No they are not. The 3 characters on every account will be doing PI netting about 700-1500m per month per account with average skills and some effort*.

*Granted, it takes a lot of time to do PI on 3 characters times 40 accounts, so realistically the PI income fraction is lower for someone who, theoretically, holds 40 accounts. But it is possible to PLEX your account on it.

What’s the math on LSI farming these days? Once upon a time you could plex an account on that alone.

I have to think that you can still significantly offset the account cost, especially if you’re availing yourself of various deals/plex sales.

Yes you could theoretically make isk from pi + SP + afk moon mining on 40 accounts. I truly don’t know what the numbers would look like but I would imagine it still wouldn’t net the largest amount of money maybe like 5-10bill a month in all for those accounts. If someone chooses to spend their limited time on earth that way I say let them lol it’s what brings them joy ig

your math sucks…
1 orca…5 drones…at 88m3 each minimum
8 rocks x5=40(10m3 per rock)
40x60 minutes = 2,400 rocks(24,000 m3) per hour

avg 1100 isk per rock… 2,400x1100 = 2,640,000 isk per hour…

@Aiko_Danuja says 50 orcas…

2.64 million isk x 50 = 132 million per hour???

@wolfstallion are you dumb or uneducated?

1 Like

T2 drones 25m3 per minute

25x5 =125 M3 per minute

125 * 60 =7,500

7500m3 per hour

Most expensive r4 moon goo bitumens

1 bitumens = 10m3 and 1.1k isk (jita split)

7500/ 10 =750. 750 * 1100=825,000

825k isk per hour

T2 drones only do 25m3 per minute …

wtf…are you really this stupid…im going to ask my friends for some pics right now…

1 Like


thats a t1 drone…im still waiting on orca fit pics and t2 drones…you are fundamentally in error, check your IQ


wanna come again with that 25m3 garbage???

Hey, friend

What sort of pics are you looking for?

i asked my friends to post pics on our discord of their orca mining capability…what i reposted above

edit: which i think also gives credence to Aiko’s arguments

1 Like

No I was indeed wrong about that

Had been going off eve fandom wiki for the numbers I was working with

kk , …i just got another pic btw…guys using in game sources as they play…or simulate…

and this 1 i find disturbing…jfc orca can mine a lot!!!

This definitely has been going off for over 17 hours and what difference does it make?

Base drone rates for afk orca moon mining would’ve been sufficient to provide enough evidence for this thread.

@wolfstallion was right to had provided base numbers for such an insignificant debate.