Nerf AFK moon mining

Ya well obviously I don’t have enough data to comment on how much isk/h they are making at the end of the day I honestly don’t think it matter either way due to how small of a percentage the resources this afk group would produce. I see the null sec mining fleets because I have been in them before with rorq boosts and dozens of hulks on grid anything that will / can happen in high sec will always pail in comparison. Should afk moon mining not be allowed ? I would say yes. Tbh I thought it wasn’t allowed at the start of this convo. Does it matter ? Not really in the grand scheme of things. Though thanks for the clarifications for mining rates

Key difference is that you can hotdrop and kill rorqs.

3 Likes

Exactly what is needed to close this topic on the grounds of beating an exploding Orca with nothing to loot.

&

Apologies- the numbers are way closer than I thought they’d be and for that, I’m sorry.

This is with no drones and no clone enhancements or Orca buffs. Simple asteroids.

Exhumers
Skiff 30.2m³/s
Mackinaw 37.2m³/s
Hulk 50.2m³/s

Mining Barges
Procurer 26.8m³/s
Retriever 30.8m³/s
Covetor 37.2m³/s

Orca 21m³/s

And just for fun!
Praxis 10.2

Is that per turret or per hull? How would it compare when you consider the orca also has a travel time on the drones (unless they’ve changed that while I was away)?

Both turrets added together. Travel time for drones counts!

Orca is way way bad. I’ll have to test it with all drone links.

@Anna_Dyneaux I’m getting 21m³/s with the Orca and drone links (with the Core active). This is all 5 drones. And of course, travel time matters so that’ll slow down a LOT.

That puts it lower than the Procurer.

To an extent yes. but panic button plus capital umbrella means I never had to worry about lossing mine back when I was in frat.

You also have to be sitting at your keyboard to use a panic module and light a cyno.

1 Like

I never dabbled in that one. I’ve heard guys claim they can PLEX an account on it, but it seems a bit suspect to me. You can only use 1 character per account without incurring any additional costs to the activity (MCT). LSI only sells for 730m (minus taxes). Skill extractor is 400m. Profit per 500k SP is 300m. In order to PLEX a month you need 2.3b, so that makes 8 extraction cycles per month. You need to train 4m SP monthly to PLEX. And you won’t be advancing your character unless you can go higher. I haven’t accounted for PLEX discounts, but if one can PLEX so that the monthly cost comes down to 250 PLEX (4 extraction cycles → 2m SP), then it’s possible.

I think my number is around 23m SP trained per year (this includes free SP handed out by CCP), so 2m SP per month is possible. Not sure if 4m is. You’d have to use accelerators (my 23m number includes those), and be max mapped.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to say it’s afk it’s anything but.

Hulks are anything but afk friendly.

I just know that in an hour of those fleets we would go through more m3 (of more expensive ore) then 40-50 afk orcas would do in a day. And that’s just one fleet.

I dunno what to say, and you all replying to this man… While he has all HS memorized, he can’t get basic algebra right.

Seems legit.

*dont

Typo lol

Plus my math was fine just had the m3 per minute that the drone would mine wrong. The math itself is perfect

I’m glad we clarified the typo. Yeah, I feel you, NASA ExoMars also had all math correct, but somehow it exploded…

“What you gonna do huh?” :melting_face:

What’s nasa exomars ?

THAT is a true statement!

“I have to click the button every ten minutes rather than every hour, mining is so much work and not at all AFKable”.

Concord to the afk miner is the Highsec’s Panic Module that could offer somewhat a balance to this debate.

What if for the response time changes depending of the length of time an orca is fixed in place by its repeated core.

Additionally this would mean for every cycle of the core adds 0.1 of a second to the response time.

Stay in place for 10 cycles concord response is delayed 1 second .

Reset by deactivating industrial core.

This alone should sort out the longer afk orca’s.

Hulk? You need to click buttons every 30 seconds. You’re always:

  • Moving Ore to the Orca’s Fleet hangar
  • Compressing ore and moving it to the mining hold because the fleet hangar will also fill up fast
  • Telling your mining drones to mine the next rock because that one disintegrated
  • Recalling mining drones for combat drones to combat the rats
  • swapping back to mining drones to resume mining
  • selecting the next rock for your strip miners because that one just disintegrated
  • Watching local

That’s at the bare minimum. I am ALWAYS clicking something because if I don’t, I stop mining.

I don’t know why this is so hard to understand. Your Hulk fills up in 2 minutes. The rocks vaporize in 1 to 3 minutes.

1 Like

Lowkey always just had all hull drones be combat drones assigned to my rorq. Give the rorq a target painter. When you target paint an npc the drones assigned to the rorq will go and kill it. The drones never give enough m3 to justify the micro. For me at least