Nerf Ganking Megathread

:rage:

Maybe he grasps that I’m not just some corp minion, like your day old noobs, who’ll never be heard of by anyone.

Instead you’re the alt of some corp minion?

Or the minion of a corp minion.

It’s like inception.

How many minions deep can we go.

Yea. Like the ones you throw under the bus and get killed LOL.

Eh, this deep?

Aren’t credit cards wonderful?

I post on the forums, which makes me relevant!

2 Likes

How can you be so stupid (hypocritical) to deny that a beginner should have a save zone for a comfortable and effective study of the mechanics and features of this far from the simplest game. If, at the beginning of the game, a newcomer is “hit on the hands”, and, according to tradition, they are mocked in a local chat, it is unlikely that a person will not be demotivated to play Eve.

I supported, and I will not hide, I participated in high-sec ganking for quite a long time, we destroyed ships equipped with officer and faction modules, while getting a good profit. Thus pushing the “sitting” high-sec players to master other aspects of the game, except for the routine passage of 4 missions. And it was good for the ecosystem of the game.

But killing players who haven’t even played in a week, not for profit, but simply to inflict a personal insult is an unhealthy trend, and definitely requires intervention. Only a mentally handicapped person can deny it. IMHO

Have you taken your meds today?

This is why new players start in the relative safety of high sec, where CONCORD and the low cost of their ships deter most agression, rather than start in the much more dangerous low sec, null sec, wormhole or Pochven space.

Yes, you can die in high sec, like everywhere else, but the risks are far lower, especially for cheap ships.

This makes high sec the perfect place for absolute newbies to be introduced to the dangers of EVE.

The newbies that can handle a bit more risk can then explore other parts of space, while the ones that want less risk learn that EVE may not be the right type of game for them.

1 Like

Tell it to them:

You quoted me but did not read. Bolded the important part this time:

Yes, some may die. It’s a good lesson on what awaits them in EVE.

Ventures are cheap, they will have multiple from the career agents.

Arzimraton, it is impossible to distinguish between a new character and a new player.

In the past, I ganked players with terribly fit vessels (including Ventures), who admitted during ‘conversation’ afterwards that they were, in fact, ‘veterans’.

Perhaps you think that ganking in Highsec should cease until CCP provides us with a sure-fire means of telling new players from old ones? Or maybe a blanket-ban on ganking frigate-sized vessels?

I grow weary of repeating it, but:
If you are the sort of person who deals poorly with loss (in a video game), you have two options. They are known to every video game player I ever encountered, and don’t need to be explained.

Goodness me.

1 Like

Wow

1 Like

Answer my question, @Arzimraton_Aivoras:

How do you distinguish between a new character and a new player?

Presumably the new character takes his boyfriend to the movies whereas the new character ends up in the wrong restaurant?

All new players are invited to apply for a FREE mining permit, which comes with every Safety inspection. The processing fee is just 10 million isk.

Ah yes, the ‘ol, “I hope what happens to you in a video game happens to you in real life” schtik.

Because as we all know, video games are life.