Nerf perpetual Cloaking

People have been saying it for years. Nerf the perpetual cloaking:

Make cloaking require fuel. If people want to try and indefinitely cloak/grief systems then they should have to work for it via setting up a supply chain at least.

There is far too much afk cyno play and it’s an extremely well establish known issue which is very one sided.

The amount of reach/opportunity cost damage that cloaking people due is completely unbalanced. The fact that a guy can sit a cloak cyno in a system and log it in everyday disrupting income for 20-30 people with zero maintenance or micro is outrageous. The only reason this hasn’t been dealt with is because eve zkill can’t calculate for opportunity cost.

Please fix this. Put in more effort then burying this thread with however many other lost threads voicing concern over the same issue are revolving around the forums for years.

Try highsec - this is less of a problem there.

1 Like

Cloaking mega thread ------>

Edit.

AFK & Cyno play are mutually exclusive also. Anyone Cyno’ing is at keyboard.

3 Likes

I’m not some carebear trash thread with a limp noodle noob who needs to hide in highsec. I have been playing this game since it came out. I have a 95-99% Kill ratio on all accounts with hundreds of kills in just the last week alone and zero deaths. I’m extremely experienced with 100% combat pvp focus. I know how these mechanics work, how little it costs to achieve. I’m also familiar with the failure that is the cloaking mega thread and made this thread despite it.

As a veteran pvper I simply find this mechanic too easy to exploit offensively. There is little to no penalty within the current system to perpetually shutting down systems with a single alt which you don’t have to move or micro. It’s brainless and doesn’t facilitate meaningful constructive pvp.

It’s simply too easy to kill people using cloak lokis and cloak cynos which you can indefinitely leave idling in systems. There also isn’t any kind of meaningful counter mechanism within the current came mechanics. Overall this game is great at countering Rock with Paper with Scissors. Currently if cloaky cynos were a rock, there isn’t a paper there is only having a bigger rock in system. It either needs to have some kind of fuel consumption to mitigate perpetual cloak idling (irrelevant of if a person is at a keyboard) and there should also be a class of ship which can track cloaking technology (some kind of paper).

5 Likes

And CCP has been saying for years: please place your anti-AFK cloaking whines in the dedicated trash can so they don’t clutter up the rest of the forum.

If people want to try and indefinitely cloak/grief systems then they should have to work for it via setting up a supply chain at least.

Or the defenders could work to actively protect their PvE operations instead of assuming that paying one of the big alliances to rent a system means they’re entitled to safe farming.

The fact that a guy can sit a cloak cyno in a system and log it in everyday disrupting income for 20-30 people with zero maintenance or micro is outrageous.

You are 100% correct, it is outrageous. It is outrageous that 20-30 players can’t even cope with a single AFK ship in their system and would rather hide in station all day than risk even the slightest chance of loss.

The only reason this hasn’t been dealt with is because eve zkill can’t calculate for opportunity cost.

No. It hasn’t been dealt with because there isn’t a problem to deal with. Nullsec is still, by far, the biggest source of wealth generation in EVE which means that other players are not struggling like you. So instead of whining about how unfair AFK cloaking is perhaps you should consider using the existing tools that other players are succeeding with?

Apparently you are, because the presence of a single AFK name in local is enough to shut down you and 20-30 of your friends.

There is little to no penalty within the current system to perpetually shutting down systems with a single alt which you don’t have to move or micro.

And yet it only works because the defenders are weak and permit it to work. This is like complaining about how unfair it is that there’s no penalty for having your enemy self destruct a freighter full of all of their assets and demanding that CCP nerf something to “fix” it.

There also isn’t any kind of meaningful counter mechanism within the current came mechanics.

Then why is nullsec still the greatest source of wealth generation in EVE?

2 Likes

Come on. The same can be said for the overwhelming (and free) intel power of local.

Take your limp noodle whining to the appropriate place bud. Everyone, including CCP, is aware of the situation and your post just reiterates the same thing for the thousandth time.

2 Likes

Quoting for emphasis.

AFK cloaking only works as a means to disrupt PvE operations if the people carrying out those PvE operations are either woefully unprepared or wholly uncommitted to putting up any kind of defense.

There are a lot of assumptions in this thread. Some of you want this post so desperately to perform poorly that you make some pretty drastic assumptions.

People in here have ranged from assuming what “20-30 people” are doing to defenders are weak to assuming defenders are a renter corp.

A lot of fantasies flying around here. The fact is you can hot drop caps + kill + evacuate before a major alliance standing fleet can respond. Also, assuming you do setup a standing fleet as a major alliance. There is a lot of logistical prep to respond to this type of behavior. It’s far more extensive for the defender than the attacker. In the current meta it’s just assumed that any dropped carrier is auto-dead if you can’t warp out in time. Dreads are like a “maybe” but even those melt.

I would like to see CCP do some actual User Research around this topic because I don’t think you edgy forum warriors and your arts and crafts memes are representative of the total game population.

1 Like

Given the length of time this debate has been raging, I’d be willing to bet that CCP has done a lot of looking into this topic.

It’s just that their findings support the status quo and you don’t like that.

Sorry about your luck.

Also…reported for redundancy. There is a mega-thread on this very topic for a reason.

1 Like

We’re assuming those things based on years of anti-cloaking whines from those exact people. Remember that lots of people are still making economy-warping amounts of ISK farming in nullsec, so the indisputable truth is that you (or this hypothetical “corp my friend is in”) must be doing something wrong. It’s just a question of which of the assumptions are the correct ones that explain your problem.

The fact is you can hot drop caps + kill + evacuate before a major alliance standing fleet can respond.

Where is your cyno jammer? Why isn’t your response fleet already on-grid and active? Where is the interdictor bubbling the caps for a counter-drop? Why are your PvE ships in range to be caught by a cloaked (and therefore slow) ship and tackled, instead of warping off as soon as the cyno goes up?

Also, assuming you do setup a standing fleet as a major alliance.

Well yes, I am in fact assuming a basic level of PvP defense. If you can’t even form a standing fleet you don’t deserve to succeed in nullsec.

would like to see CCP do some actual User Research around this topic

What makes you think that they haven’t? CCP have researched the topic, found plenty of people succeeding in nullsec, and decided that farming doesn’t need any more buffs just because some players aren’t capable of success.

4 Likes

hey friend, your math here is wrong.

the cloaked pilot isn’t disrupting income of anyone. it’s your lack of a spine that makes you scared. it’s also your inability to take responsibility that makes you want to blame someone else other than your pathetic cowardice.

hope that helps, friend. :slight_smile:

I read these posts and I literally cannot understand. The guy says he is an elite PvP combat pilot. Then he says that he and his 30 man fleet cannot defend themselves in nullsec… he seems earnest, but this just doesn’t make any sense.

Another botter weeping for a nerf…

And people have been telling you for years:

Not until they change local.

And yet here you are complaining about how tough nullbearing is.

The rewards are far greater for the ratting alliance than the attacker.

Not only have they done the research, they’ve done practical experiments like blackout.

When local doesn’t work, afk cloaking really does stop.

As the others say, despite the horrors of afk cloaking, null sec players still saturated the economy with isk and materials. It’d be even worse if afk cloaking wasn’t possible.

Ah…so why you worried about cloaky camping then again? It makes kills too easy for you, eh? 'K

Every person who has made a cloaky camping post probably thought theirs was significant and deservingly different as well. Of course, yours really is…

This is one of the least creative of all the spinoff threads. The original poster didn’t even stick around to defend it.

Yeah, he seems like quite the cry baby to be honest.

Ahaha. TS just change corp, ally, region, whatever. Forum warriors will always get an answer (only on forums tbh). Like 1 side HAVE TO (!!!111, ofc, lol) make fleet, login FAxes, login supers & titans for escalation, be ready 24/7 & so & so on, other side, login lamp & minimize window to watch Netflix. And forum clowns like, yeah, true, intensive, hardcore PvP, u don’t understand. Dat sh.t never changes, ahaha ))

So is this just a perception thing? You don’t seem like a crybaby while you are playing Eve? Just on the forums?