New Dawn - New Quadrant

Add in these.

You celebrate something similar in the Netherlands as a remembrance of the end of the next war. As for this…

Nice job trying to put words in my mouth. The objection wasn’t ‘how dare you do a sale that day’, but that given the choice of celebrating a ‘holiday’ made up by four college students in one country because they couldn’t get dates, or honoring the sacrifices of those willing to die in service to their nations, on a holiday celebrated around the world, CCP chose the former.

And, again, nice try on putting words in my mouth with the ‘global holiday’, like I tried to claim it was a universal ‘the whole Earth must celebrate this day’ deal. I meant exactly what I said: it is celebrated in Poland, Serbia, Belgium, France, the UK, Canada, the US, New Zealand, Australia, and still, unofficially, in Hong Kong, as well as other nations, which is, after all, “all around the world”.

In a game that’s all about violence and bloodshed, with a setting reminiscent of the balance-of-power dance that used to be called ‘the concert of Europe’, if CCP wanted to do sales on days like that? No problem at all. But elevating ‘nobody will date me’ day? Faugh.

1 Like

Is Iceland in that list?

Also, I guess a lighthearted ‘singles day’ is a much more appropriate sale occasion than something like a Veterans day or a Remembrance day.

Nope. Iceland wasn’t involved in oppressing people in South Africa, either. That didn’t stop them from acknowledging that maybe naming a drink ‘Apartheid’ was a bad idea. It doesn’t take much to respect the sacrifices others make, or to just acknowledge a misstep when it happens.

Pity CCP never does.

Sure, a light-hearted ‘singles day’ celebrated in one country, that’s totally worth disrespecting the sacrifices made by the men and women of a lot more than one. But I guess sucking up to China is worth offending people elsewhere.

1 Like

Singles day is a commercial holiday. Remembrance day isn’t. The market team of CCP are looking for an opportunity for a sale.

So what I don’t understand is why you think CCP should pick ‘remembrance day’ as an occasion to sell stuff? It would also be rather tasteless to market the sale as ‘Remembrance day, buy your stuff cheap now!’, don’t you think?

Given the choice, I would pick Singles day too, even though neither is a special day in Iceland.

And don’t worry, they pick plenty of commercial holidays from your country to do sales too, including Black Friday and Halloween.

It’s not that they should pick rememberance day as a day for an offer.

It’s more that on a day where a large portion of the worlds population are observing a minutes silence and moarning their war dead CCP are jumping around with ticker tape and streamers screaming. “Woo party”.

The timing was a tad insensitive.

The point I understand that is being made is why did the two have to coincide.? Would it really have killed CCP to push things back a few days. It’s not unreasonable is it?

1 Like

And other parts of the world have a party. It’s the start of Carnaval here and in my neighbouring country. ‘Woo party’ indeed! Are you saying that’s insensitive? And apparently it’s a commercial holiday in China, which is what CCP picked for their sale.

It’s a global game by an Icelandic company. People really should stop thinking their country is the center of the world.

2 Likes

As much as I’m enjoying this theme of which days are more important than others (when we all now the only one we should be aiming for is Christihimmelfartsdag) please stick to either the subject of the New Dawn or continually bashing my Presentation is Key Joke.

4 Likes

:wink:

Ok so let’s just dissect this frog.

Full disclosure, originally it was supposed to be a joke aimed at myself, that I only picked up replies that were packaged either in cats or Crazy Frog jokes, and as an added layer I was hoping someone would grab the “see” and “key” and continue the rhyme.

As time has proven, that didn’t really pan out, but I appreciate the later day memefication of the whole exchange <3

3 Likes

Nobody’s falling for this convoluted made up excuse. :stuck_out_tongue: :smirk: :smiling_imp: :popcorn:

:dealwithitparrot:

2 Likes

That racis-wait… no… uhm… that’s scienci-… that makes no sense… uhm…

That’s biologist! Wait, what? Crap… uhmm…

2 Likes
Tech I Modules 1 100%
Tech II Modules 1 34%
Faction Modules 0 0%

Sorry but this is utter bu*****
You need to learn skills for T2 and for Faction you Don’t need lvl 5, right? And yet that item is worth ALOT more then T2.
Waste for T1 miners also 100%… isn’t it a bit to much?
Sure if you could add waste to faction module lets say… 25% then ok. It’s better then t2, but not that much better, and If I don’t want to pay 200mil for them, at least I am not so left behind with my T2 and 5th level in to mining just to be able equip T2.

I rly hope they will change this “faction module” 0% waste, because this is ridiculous.

Are these new AEGIS sites really supposed to give negative standing towards Edencom? That would mean that you screw yourself over in high sec as a number of Edencom systems make travel harder for people with negative standings. Is this what Rattati qualifies as “carefully crafted PVE experience”?

Are they really supposed to disappear if you warp within these sites?

REDNES

1 Like

This time could be spent doing something informative.

1 Like

it’s all fun and games until someone leaks an internal memo about the protests

This is from the other post from CCP:

There will apparently be adjustments. But CCP will certainly not make everyone happy :slight_smile: To be honest, I find most of the changes quite good or not totally terrible.

1 Like

There is No More WeeWoo #SaveTheWeeWoo

Eh, the real self-own on Convict’s part there was ‘the only reason you think there’s 6500 people complaining about our game being broke is because our game is broke’.

2 Likes

We haven’t made a decision yet if waste should be taken into account in the industry index calculations.

You can actually make a ‘waste line’ for system where it’s mined, and when the ‘waste index’ is full, in system appears some weird mining anomaly. Could be anomaly with mixed resource fields, % of ice, ore, gas etc. what was mined most in system will appear in most %, rest can come in less amounts… Just a speculation what could be made from ‘waste’ not to be such waste as it sounds now.

I feel it is my duty to fix this post:

I have shortened it so ADHD players need not do more then Skim, and have added necessary content that CCP left out, so without further adue what CCP has said is:

• More Microtransactions

• MIning in anything above an exhumer will be nurfed again

• Ore distributions will remain the same (Sorry everyone in high sec hoping to get back to mining building and playing EvE, go to low or null or quit we never liked you all staying in highsec anyway that was never our intent). <<< Direct quote from CCP Devs in creative design room.

• Moon mining in highsec will remain nurfed (And we may remove it entirely), it was never our intent to provide avenues of actual content for people in highsec, the entire goal was to get you out of highsec. Hence the recent redistributions, unfortunately too many players did not take the hint so be ware incoming removals and nurfbats on the way again, maybe this time you’ll get the message that we hate highsec players.

• In the future we may remove all Industry completely from highsec, I mean what it just 3 minerals and 4 moon components now, and as we said earlier, we do not want players staying in highsec.

• If removing industrial content from highsec doesn’t work, we will simply remove Highsec status period except in a select few new player systems to allow new players to safely familiarize themselves with the game. (Learning curve and all that).

We hope you continue to enjoy EvE for many years, Fly Safe!

1 Like