New Eden?

Thank you. I did find a few web pages for the lore. It would be nice if CCP hosted them on their domain.
Then I learned there are novels about New Eden. Wouldn’t mind getting my hand on one of those books.

I believe at least some of those novels are still available via amazon etc, as used paperbacks and in kindle format. I happen to have one of them, The Empyrian Age, by Tony Gonzalez.
Then there’s the comics, and coffee table books like “EvE Source” and “Empires of EvE”, etc etc.

that would be the link in my previous post (the first two pulldown menus)

1 Like

Hi Yuzima, I’m not at all interested in the Lore of New Eden, but I do recall there was a project called something like ‘EVE Chronicles’.

It was different because these were published as audiobooks, read by the very dedicated chap who undertook the work. I think they came out monthly, and they did have quite a following.

I remember it because I was one of many EVE players who agreed to lend their voice to one particular episode (which presumably had too many voices for one reader to manage).

It was fun! Who knows? it may still be around somewhere…

1 Like

Thanks, Sasha. I will inquire and try to find them.

Found some on Goodreads with Amazon links.

Not 100% sure if this is what @Sasha_Nemtsov was referring to, but it seems to be linked to an old podcast site called evereader.com (now defunct). Someone copied them on YT.
This appears to be episode 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPS1Ysp3t_U&list=PL17mxkH4sIb2XOferjcTcS27xFwq9B0KZ&index=6

2 Likes

It is. I didn’t know those things could be found on YouTube. Thank you, sir.

1 Like

Hehe, I didn’t either :smiley:

Maybe it’s time to use some AI and have “Morgan Freeman” read them in again !! (“Morgan Freeman plays EvE Online” used to be a meme many years ago)

1 Like

That would be a treat.

1 Like

Same I never liked the idea of capsuleers tbh. (Classic Star Trek guy here)

:hearts: the captain and his bridge crew

1 Like

Hi Wadiest, thanks for taking the trouble to dig this out. Yes, that was the website - EVE Reader. The narrator’s calm unhurried voicing of the stories created just the cosy atmosphere I’m sure many of his fans enjoyed.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Is there an official reading order chart to EVE lore content? Many book series have reading orders to help readers where to start from.

Something like this, but EVE version:

I haven’t found anything like that. I noticed timelines on the main empires and mentions of major actors who shaped historical events but no lore order chart.

Irony: The use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning.

There is a lot of it in EVE

1 Like

A lot of sarcasm, too.

Can’t be trusted.