NEW FONT

maby for you but abyone with sime kind of eye problems will have konstant pains

1 Like

The font-bug is still up, i would love to be all over the new content. Or at least continue with the old one?
I dont understand the delay especialy that we know that the solution exists, been for years.

Terrible font style and size indeed.

CCP, WTB laser eye-surgery …

2 Likes

No font rollback as of today’s patch, insta log out.

7 Likes

Yeah, you get used to it, but the strain on your eyes continues, because they can’t reach the correct focus.

4 Likes

The objects are perfectly sharp, the text is blurred, you have to constantly change focus and that’s really tiresome. I don’t care about the style, but when i’m in space doing something it’s awful when i try to follow my buddies in a chat channel at the same time.

1 Like

It is indeed less readable, I cant play like that, stayed for few minutes watching at it and it made me log out. Overly bright and too thick like everything would be bolded and spaces between what should resemble a word or a letter removed.

This SUCKS! :-1:

5 Likes

I would not say that the issue is polarised. Was there a problem with the old font? It seems like many are struggling with the new vs the old. The conclusion here is pretty clear (unlike the font?) I can also say, that after about 3 years of slight struggle with eyesight and actually NOT having to wear the glasses I got and being really happy about that, this change puts my head into a boaty, pinched semi sick feeling from being unable to resolve the text fully (not nearly as well as the old) on ANY combination of settings and with any amount of sharpening and contrast tweaks on my monitor, on which the old font was perhaps not as good as some other games/software, but it was mostly better than this new one. Specific issues (if you don’t roll it back… and maybe some aspects of this are an improvement)… The context menu text size is clearly way too small vs the rest when changing scale or font size. The market price column really needs to be the same brightness as the other text and there are a few other cases of this difference in brightness/gamma, but things should be uniform so the eye doesn’t need to keep changing focus. Brightness and contrast change how the eye needs to focus to resolve an edge so at least please change this and the edges are clearly … not clear, so I would not say you have “improved the rendering method”. Perhaps it seems so on paper “mixing by numbers” and something was theoretically improved, but in practice? Sorry it just isn’t better. It looks really good when I’m inside 20cm of the screen, but this is far too close :smiley: and is only necessary because the edges are obviously not sharp. Here’s another small glitch for the record (on 110% and large text… yup that’s how I have had to set this to try and get by :smiley: ) image
EDIT - Seems it’s not differing brightness/contrast/gamma, but colour? Some text is white, most is grey. This is really not looking good in practice. Still serves to do the gamma thing :stuck_out_tongue: If ones seldom worn glasses make text very readable in most other software, and now “clear” yet still soft in eve, I guess the issue is… clear?

3 Likes

After tweaking many many many combinations of things effecting contrast/sharpness, I see that darker background themes seem to be easier to focus on for longer hours. Generally contrast creates sharpness. That’s really all sharpness is. A hard edge or less, fading through more pixels. Truth be told I was having to use 125% UI scaling for the market for long hours before sometimes. Now that’s more optimal on 110% with large text. So perhaps you guys are making some headway here, but I think it needs a lot of work and feedback. Rolling back to the old font may still be best or maybe as so many have requested, a “new or old” option would be good so people can help refine the new option over time. Funny thing with text is ones eyes do get better adjusted over a day or more and then going back and forth won’t do much to help one user come up with good feedback :smiley: It feels like you are onto something, but missed the mark in many aspects of the UI. Overall though, it seems to really just be an issue of sharpness and if that can be improved, maybe it is an upgrade overall. I vote for market price text to be made the same grey as the name/time left etc or at least a bit off white though please :slight_smile: That’s really causing fatigue shifting around mostly grey text especially with the blue/green highlights on orders.

Personally I love the new font and think it’s an improvement. With that said it would still be nice if there where an option for those who prefer the old font to bring it back.

I bet a CCP head will roll over this if not reverted rapido, this is blackout mini in terms of subscription damage, the game is unplayable for a large amount of players now.

I will do market stuff but I am not flying ships as the drop downs that I use for pvp are too small now.

1 Like

Res 1920*1080
font to small 'cause "it’s almost as before they turboturded it up"
right click open context menu "can’t read shet tho’ and it’s so tiny I might misclick on something by accident"
open market browser "omg pls kill me now"

You know what? I really, really, really wanted to finish that SPELLFORCE 3 campaign I 50%ed in 2018. Sounds about time. See ya fturds. Oh, and congratz, spray more borderless white on yellow so we can feel more nauseated about microtransactions. Again, after today’s patch, give us more yellow pls, moar, moaaaaar yellooooowwww submarinesssssssss. MOAAAR YEEEELLOOWWWWW.

What would you like?
  • MORE YELLOW!
  • READABLE FONTS
  • SHIP BALANCING
  • WE NEVER ASKED FOR THIS! REVERT!
  • WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER, YOU DON’T LISTEN TO US ANYWAY!

0 voters

2 Likes

I find, and a lot of people seem to agree, that the new font is suboptimal. I would hope CCP revisits their decision to change the font. I’m glad they didn’t use a cursive script.

2 Likes

Well, reverting to the old font is not necessary IMO, they just need to sharpen this one and correct the stupid glitches one find here and there. Just hope it won’t get the red dot treatment.

1 Like

I think it will. We have seen it before.

1 Like

Can we get some CCP’rs sign off on this please, you should take pride in your work if it is that great.

I expect HELLmar will be giving at least one of you the “you’ve failed me for the last time” Falcon punch soon. When the log ons tally down & visible 1/4 subs drop 15% over a font & size change espically when he see’s the work hours signed off against it.

Throwing you a bone,

If you let this drag out any longer you will look incompetent. Stomach the roll back by Friday, ■■■■■■■■ that you’ve not blasted 100hrs on an unreadable font and that with a few more hours tweaking you will fix it.

Or,

Pretend everything is fine, don’t roll back. See daily logins trickle down for 1/4 over f’ng font change. Wipe a few $million off holiday revenue 1/4 and get canned after.

Unless you have senior dev backing then hey up, if you do eve has just become full market sim for me as I can’t even fly a ship. I will adapt to the end of the spaceship part of this game, It was only a small part anyway.

1 Like

I don’t know, as annoying as they are, red dots don’t give headaches.

1 Like

I am starting to be on this same page. I feel the overall effort to improve the font was a good idea and has been pulled off to a large degree, but there are some huge flaws. One is the basic sharpness of it all, and then the glitches like tiny context menu and quite extreme colour/gamma differences, are what’s making it difficult, but considering I managed to decrease UI scale for market use, I personally would have to say there is SOME improvement in it, yet also problems.

I have seen system names with merged lettering. Thats so ugly I had to close my eyes.

Excellent idea, poor execution. I totally understand that it can be an improvement for some, even most people, but those people need to understand that this change can be terrible for others.