New Forum A Bad Idea

For many players, the official eve forums are just to “stiff” and confusing. Unfortunately, if you want to read an AAR or see some funny eve meme, you have to go to reddit. Even the Dev’s post more often on Reddit (or twitter) than here.

1 Like

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/the-new-design-is-clunky-a-waste-of-space-and-lacks-old-features

Just to mention that this thread exists (and in the place this thead should have been made)

1 Like

Tbh Im happily surprised nobody has yet blamed me for wrecking the new forum.

2 Likes

Is Rreddit down? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
No posts are visible

I think OP misses the point that not all the users from the previous forum had logged in at this day a year ago.

Look at this number five days later and you have 400 people more with this badge:

Also i like to mention that I’m the opposite of @Mr_Epeen. I haven’t written a single post in the old forums. Didn’t like to read there either. I rather went elsewhere. Call me whatever you like, but I like this new incarnation of the forum much more. Especially the short cuts are nice. If you don’t know about them, try Shift + ?.

2 Likes

lol - et tu, luv?

It’s all Salvos’ fault, you know.

2 Likes

Do you mean this?

… and suddenly…

P.S. Rate my style and color palette.

1 Like

I Agree.

1 Like

You were missing the opportunity for a “No, go away” post there.

1 Like

1 Like

Yeah, I may have to agree with Salvos. I tried to defend him for people here calling him out, saying he “salvoshes” every thread. In the end did he get a bann, if I’m not mistaken. Makes me a bad judge of character really, doesn’t it?

Why? Do you think ISD and CCP are alwyas right?

Yes, of course.

3 Likes

Whoa! 1800 hundred people? Out of the more than 400,000 currently playing (last I looked).

Say it ain’t so. What a crazy high percentage on the official forum.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

They didn’t want the forum anyway.

This may seem like a weird question, but how exactly did you quote a full tree? I’ve only seen where you can quote one person in a post. Not the whole thing.

Yeah. I’m kinda dumb sometimes.

400K people playing the game?

I’d be surprised if there has ever been that many people (there was 480K subscribed accounts at the time of the monument if my memory is correct), however I don’t think you’ll find much engagement in the community anywhere.

Between here, reddit, Twitter, slack and discord there are several thousand people engaged outside the game, but it’s still only a truly small percentage of the playerbase. Always has been I think.

Those aren’t 400.000 people, those are 400.000 accounts. I myself have a few hundred accounts, but only one is being used on the forums. If you now consider that I’m by far not the only one and that most people in general never post on game forums, what does your number really tell us now?

You’re right. You’re absolutely right. It tells us these forums are ■■■■ and CCP should throw them in the trash bin.

2 Likes

Yeah. You’re right, of course.

I’m not thinking well today. It’s 32 degrees in the shade with a Humidex over 40 degrees. My poor AC can barely keep running, let alone actually cool down my apartment.

Look to where you have the B and I buttons. Next to it is a speech bubble :speech_balloon: . That’s the one which will quote the entire comment including any quotes in it.

2 Likes