New Notifications šŸ”“

:red_circle: Can you please put the poll from Nana Skalski to the top? This way, the players will be able to vote ā€œfasterā€. And you will get more ā€œopinionsā€ that way as well.

2 Likes

The red dot needs to go.

5 Likes

It should be a greyish blue dot.

3 Likes

It should be purple.

1 Like

It should not make sounds.

2 Likes

It should not make sounds, but it should blink.

It should have an option to turn it off.

1 Like

There is already enough blinking, no?

Optional blinking is allowed, as long as its optional.

3 Likes

But only once or twice a month.

We should be paid a salary for game development.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never needed anything like this in my 16 years of EvE - This is EvE its not a generic MMOrpg
Weā€™re the PC Elite. Most of us are adults that have been playing games for some time, we know how things work, if we dont we have the ability to work it out.

We are not the typical player base.

Whowever thought this was a good idea needs to be sent into the naughty corner
Let us disable this blinky thing that does nothing value.

Thanks

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure itā€™s a great idea for new players, one of the most frequently asked newbie questions is ā€œWhere is the item I bought? I canā€™t find it.ā€ However, it obviously needs options to mute the sound, or hide it altogether, or at least dim the color a bit.

2 Likes

Just create that feature AWAY!!

naughty dev
Done.

7 Likes

What a legend :slight_smile:

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  Love the Dot! Havenā€™t seen such activity in the community the past weeks! Please donā€™t remove it!

2 Likes

Dim sounds are a major trait of EVE, when I started playing I was amazed how effective those hushed notifications are. Pity I had to stop listening to music when I rely on these sounds, for there is no real ā€œyellow and red alertā€ siren :wink:

Compared to all that faint sounds and small icons, the new red dot and the gong is massive. This gong I relate to Aura in the New Player Experience, there it is suitable. But in daily player business, it is way too much.
And red notifications: Red are evil NPCs, blinkies, enemies - and new cargo. Sounds like a game of ā€œOdd Man Outā€

1 Like

Nobody asked for it.
The auto-sorting of inventory is stupid.
Itā€™s super annoying.
This is just like the ā€œgong!ā€ sound for killing something that was added then quickly removed after players complained.
It is VERY clear that nobody at CCP actually plays EVE, even if they claim they do.
Remove this insane feature and fix things that need fixing.

3 Likes

And there was me thinking that this thread would say something like ā€œwe will now reverse this featureā€ but instead it just gets a thread of its own for people to whine over.

1 Like