New Permanent Needlejack Filaments | EVE Online

Having been on several of these and on the receiving end of several of these I have nothing but good things to say about them. Players go in with the mentality of “we’re gonna die but have fun doing so”. The defenders typically have the advantage leading them into actually fighting instead of blue balling.

It also has the major upside of making typically protected afk ratters slightly more vulnerable.

3 Likes

I live this! I absolutely love this! And I so hope it will remain permanent. It will nudge the afk carebears off their seats and will only benefit the player-base. Good work, CCP!

2 Likes

Oh, just wait for all the tears to roll in! Null-sec botting farms will be furious. I am preparing my salt buckets now. The hate…

3 Likes

I wonder how this fits in the lore. I mean… this technology uses filament technology, which is triglavian, to transport a number of ships from a place in K-space to another place in K-space. Hmmm… sounds like Jove or even Talocan wormhole generation, only we didn’t figure out how to control the exit point yet so it is still random. It’s nice to see the technology of New Eden progressing. Slowly but surely, we are closing the gap on the ancients…

3 Likes

You win the internets

1 Like

/yawn

Probably more interesting to talk about than to actually use.

1 Like

Shut up Sabius.

Awesome, Creates content looking forward to it.

Ccp has no ideas. There are wormholes. Return blackout better!!

2 Likes

I don’t see how this will revolutionize random null sec roams. Pilots can already do that using wormholes. These filaments eliminate the need for probing ships to get into null sec. That’s it. There’s no return to high sec filament.

1 Like

I can only get so erect!!!

2 Likes

Shouldn’t these filaments also drop us in Jove space?

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing.

1 Like

Will do the same job of reducing the number of players as space without a locale, just slower. It does not go into the concept of space for realism; it is called upon simply to throw some unsuccessful hunters as a dungeon. With their crooked hands they can only gather, as in a dungeon, and use threads. Wait for the fall of online.

People play EVE Online for “realism”?

2 Likes

Been playing elite dangerous? :stuck_out_tongue:

Highsec.
It is really where you belong.

1 Like

You are an odd test munkey, likely wasted in that alliance to be fair.

:red_circle: @CCP_Convict Speaking of loot in data sites: Why are Blueprints still spawning in Relic sites? I thought this was fixed years ago. BPC were supposed to only spawn in Data Sites to give them a more distinct loot table and make them more valuable.

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=449199

By the looks of it CCP left rig BPC to drop in Relic Sites after all. This is rather inconsistent as you create them with the items from Data sites in which they are also being created from thin air and not from items in Relic sites. This should be adjusted along with the addition of new loot items.

1 Like

Game means specific logical rules and if you know the rules and use them right you win. In the reality we have more or less same approach.

Fun is very depens on persons. An example, when some one on video do poo into waterpool, many of people could consider it like a funny move.

Others good examples of fun are adding filament with random drop in null sec, lottery for scammer etc.

Seems like Eve became more funny now.