New safe space where no one would dare to shoot you down

Might sound weird, but I like the general idea of OP, though not the specifics. Here is why: these threads come and go, again and again. There are always people asking for more safety. Now … why not just give it to them? Why not just create two or three of these “A1” zones consisting of maybe 3-5 systems each? Why not just give them a couple of systems to all congegrate and learn how bad EVE would be, if all of it would be “A1”? Sure, in the beginning people might flood in, despite the lowest possible bounties and smallest amounts of minerals - after all, even 1.0 systems are not safe, so “A1” should provide considerably less income than 1.0

I say just let them find out for themselves if they like being safe, but not making any meaningful progress. Also while sharing a small number of systems with a large number of competition. CCP please do this, so all these threads are not necessary anymore. Why not worlds within worlds within worlds?

Yep, but these systems must be ABSOLUTELY empty. No minerals, no NPC rats, etc. Want safety - sit in empty safe system))) No risk - no reward.

1 Like

If you put mission agents and other things that scale without cost with number of players it would spread outside of these systems.

I see it different. You want security, you pay for it.

They need to make a “Ritz” system. You can pay 1 Bil isk a month to sit in a “resort system”. No rats, no belts, no market, no missions, no anything, and best of all, you are perfectly 100% safe.

That is, until you run out of money, at which point they forcibly eject you through an airlock, keep whatever ship you rolled up in and you death-clone to your body, almost like it was a fanciful dream, only to check your wallet, and realize, nope, it was a nightmare, and a real one at that.

We can have 1 paradise station there called “The KewlCidsKlub” and it’s the only place in the game that uses an open environment version of Captain’s Quarters.

1 Like

Maybe CODE could make sure, that IT doesn’t spread? :smiley:

Even if people couldn’t get ganked anymore, it wouldn’t help.

We’d infiltrate their corporations and steal their stuff.
We’d bump them out of laser range.
We’d outmine them, specifically targetting their roids.
We’d rep beltrats, so they can chew through an afk miner’s ship.

Giving in to their whining is a waste of time, because they will never stop complaining about how they have to take care of themselves.

3 Likes

I almost wish that people would do what you just did but on a wider scale. People look at a suggestion and sit down and think about all the ways it could be turned on its head and used in ways that the OP (for any idea, not just this OP) intended. Like the anti-bumping module, for ships. Sit down and think…how could somebody use this to “ruin somebody else’s game?”

In looking at your list I could see the reaction:

1. Remove bumping then.
  2. Make corp thefts an exploit and ban people for it.
  3. Allow people to “claim” belts kind of like they did with various precious metal/stone mining claims.
  4. Make it so belt rats cannot be repped by players.

In short: make this a stand alone PC game I can play with zero interaction with other players. Me vs. the CPU…which of course a human can always beat unless the odds are just tilted to an extreme…which of course these snowflakes would not want either.

Instead people often rush into the forums and post their “brilliant” idea when in fact it is not brilliant. Chances are it has been proposed before. The idea of using google to even see if it has been proposed before let alone reading to see what the actual responses were is completely anathema.

2 Likes

You know, you could have just linked to it instead of describing it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Eve Online when it was first released had a lot less ganking going on in Hi Sec. All you need to do is read the old forums around 2004-05 to clearly see that.

Originally Hi Sec was fairly safe and the danger was in Low Sec or Null. Then as some players got more and more bored they started moving to Hi Sec to blow up carebears. They found they actually enjoyed making others upset more than the actual in-game benefit.

CCP sided with the more hardcore “bored” players to gain the “edgy game” image and the rest was history.

And the playerbase grew every year for a decade after. Hmmm.

2 Likes

Well, the number of characters grew. :smile:

Remember that was when capitals were introduced. I went from 1 account to 3 myself, and so did many of my friends.

I imagine it was a combination of more alts, new players and etc. But a lot of players did leave for good as well.

CCP has never been eager to release the player base by actual players and not alts. They have said that it can be hard to tell due to the nature of the billing system, but I kind of feel if it was more actual new players than just alts, they might have made more official note of that.
We may not know the actual numbers, but how many would use different email addresses for each of their alt accounts.
Given some certainly would.

I personally feel CCP sacrificed some of the player base to keep some bored players happy and maintain that edgy image, but there probably isn’t any good way to estimate the actual cost in terms of growth and revenue lost.

There is no reason to think that other than your personal bias.

The playerbase didn’t grow just two or three times over. According to wikipedia (numbers published by ccp themselves) the subscribers grew 10x over between 2004 to 2014. And thats money. That’s the bottom line.

The players you thought left because eve was too harsh would leave anyways. They leave every game after a while. Even wow loses half (literally half) of its subscribers after a few months if it does not reinvent itself to keep things fresh.

But the players that stayed were the ones who loved the harsh gameplay in eve. The freedom to ‘be the villain’.

When these players got nerfed with the changes to crime watch, wardecs and the end of casual ganking, surprise surprise it wasn’t long that ccp stopped publishing subscription numbers and the rumours of eve dying became true for the first time.

Eve was fine as a no holds barred mad max in space. The cancer is carebears.

Actually, that attitude is.

Pfft, you were happy to say the big meanie griefers spoiled the game!

Just another hypocritical carebear.

1 Like

Never heard of it…

Yes, there are only 38 people who play EVE Online. :roll_eyes:

No, this attitude is. This is the attitude that people are incapable of thinking for themselves that they either need to be parented or even worse desire to parented.

1 Like

No, not that.

I just think CCP sided a bit too much with one portion of the player base at the expense of some others and it cost them a portion of their subscribers.

Granted the ones that stuck around countered that a bit by getting alts due to the nature of capital ship gameplay among other things and the edgy image may have attracted some players, but…

I personally think the game would have been better off if CCP hadn’t adopted the more extreme version of Hi Sec, but that can be certainly debated with how many of the “bored” players would have left the game.

I just think some players like to “forget” how Eve has evolved over the years. :wink:

Cindy the Sewer could justifiably called a ****** and probably also a total ******** and who hasn’t called her a rather **** **** of a poster?!?!

But she finds solutions to problems and that is why we love her !

Anyways…

The test server, go for and enjoy!

Yes, CCP sided with the carebears. CONCORD got stronger, faster, and various aspects of the game were nerfed that made HS both easier and stultifying.

What? Capitals are largely disallowed in HS.

Bravo, this is nice a vague and makes me wonder…are you a politician in real life? Writing something that both sides can look at and think supports their position…that takes some skill.

If you want a nearly 100% safe place to play the game, join a large nullsec alliance. People arn’t joking when they say nullsec is the safest space in eve these days.

1 Like